WOC: Brunette Blonde Redhead

TISH1124

^^ I agree...Brunette is not my favorite MSF by any means ...love the other two...But Brunette is a can live without for real

lilMAClady

I finally saw this in person today and I really liked it! I didn't care for any of the Brunette stuff, I thought it could have been more interesting, but I got Top Knot from the Blonde collection and 100 Strokes and Flip from Redhead. I love all of them and with the right brushes, they apply like a dream. I'm going to get the highlighter brush and thats it. There my review! (NC45)

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
I also looked at the gold which didn't really strike me as "so incredibly mind blowing that I just had to get it".

I've been trapped inside sick the last week so I went out for a walk to cure my cabin fever today and couldn't resist popping into the pro store at the end of my block for some retail therapy

I picked up Flip e/s from BBR and it looked good swatched in the store when I compared it to Goldmine (which I find to be too yellow gold for my taste), but when I got home and swatched it against some of my other golds in my eyeshadow collection (MAC's Cosmic, Woodwinked and Urban Decay's Baked, Half Baked, X)... it's my least favourite... mainly because Flip's texture and colour payoff isn't as nice as the others

bummer...
thmbdn.gif
because I wanted to love Flip ... I imagined it might be Cosmic's little sister ...

I want to post some swatch comparisons but I can't find batteries for my camera at the moment

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I love UD's Baked!! someone gave that to me as a free gift and I love it

You'd love UD's Half Baked too... same yummy texture & colour payoff as Baked
yes.gif

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I honestly am too tired to do them all so tell me which one you are interested in ...

I'd love to see swathes of the lippies on your lips. Pretty please!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
I'd love to see swathes of the lippies on your lips. Pretty please!!

I will do swatches this week I promise

l1onqueen

Tish,
How do you like Redhead? Okay nevermind I see what you think...returning mine 2moro, I will get redhead instead.

Indigowaters

I thought I had come on here before and said what I wanted, but that probably would've changed. I just saw the swatches thread and added ALOT to my cart online. Here's the rundown:

(2) Red Devil l/g
(1) Soft Wave l/g
(1) Strawberry Blonde l/g
(1) B-Babe l/s
(1) What A Do! l/s
(1) Henna e/s
(1) Flip e/s
(1) Deep Shade e/s
(1) Brunette MSF

Curly1908

I tried the Brunette MSF and wasn't THAT impressed. It was beautiful on my skin, but nothing special. I could easily imitate its effects with a cheap blush.

jilliandanica

So I finally had a chance to get to the mall and checkout BBR and overall I am completely UNDERWHELMED! I thought it would be love at first sight but everything looked kinda bleh to me, especially the MSFs. I was hoping they'd have that same luminosity that petticoat or light flush gives me, but these were very grainy, not glittery, but grainy. The texture reminds me of the pearlizers that came out with Novel Twist.

I walked away from the counter with absolutely nothing. I may go back for the brushes because I just love me some brushes, but other than that I'll probably pass on this one. Sad...

TISH1124

Good for you!! I wish I had passed on almost all except the MSF's I do like them.and I love the brushes...

I am officially over MAC's collections

d n d

Well, I ended up returning my Brunette MSF. When I wore it I got little bumps on my cheek and even though the colors were pretty it didn't have that "wow" factor. For $29 and tax I need that "wow!"

Quick Tease lipglass may be next...it's a pretty color, but not unique in my opinion. We'll see.

Prototype83

You all are starting to make me rethink my Brunette MSF purchase too lol. I may have to to an exchange.

I'm a NW50, the other MSFs in the collection looked ashy on me, did this happen w/ anyone else?

Are you ladies applying the MSFs over a blush (this is what I do) or using them over foundation?

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
You all are starting to make me rethink my Brunette MSF purchase too lol. I may have to to an exchange.

I'm a NW50, the other MSFs in the collection looked ashy on me, did this happen w/ anyone else?

Are you ladies applying the MSFs over a blush (this is what I do) or using them over foundation?

I tried it in top of Raizin and Ambering Rose. It looked good with both of those in my opinion. I mostly used it by itself and after I had it on a while it would give me that sunkissed look. Had it not bothered my skin, I might have considered keeping it.

If you like it, you should keep it!

I can't wait either. I have never tried a MSF but after seeing how everyone on Specktra loves them, I am tempted to buy all three. I think I will end up buying all the blonde products because they look awesome.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83

I've only worn the MSFs once (when it was applied by the MA at the store), and it was just on foundation/bare face. (It was the end of the day, and I'd probably wiped the majority of my makeup off. The woes of oily skin.
ssad.gif
) I purchased Gold Desposit, and it looked great on me. I'm NW50 as well. I'll try it the way you do and report back though.

The MSFs didn't make me look ashy. Then again, I have very red undertones and oily skin so it's hard for anything to look ashy on me.
th_LMAO.gif
The Redhead and Blonde didn't seem vibrant enough to show up on my chocolatiness so I just tried Brunette and Gold Deposit.

By the way, you are so pretty! Do you have an album or something where I can see your different makeup looks?

Ziya

Hey guys so sad to see Brunette MSF not working out...I am absolutely in love with it though! it shows up so pretty on my NC 43 skin and I love how I can choose how much of what color I put on...it picks up blush colors SOOO well! Ive worn this over Melba and Gingerly (separate times) and it makes my cheekbones pop
greengrin.gif
my fav MSF...
Im so sad about the finish of the lpsticks! the colors are pretty but Frosts dry my lips out and Lustres dont last...but I did pick up Red Devil l/g and I really like it...Im thinking of getting Quick tease...but I have pleasing slimshine so....im not sure. quick tease seemed more purply to me so I just might splurge :p

wifey806

My
2cents.gif
: tried the Blonde msf on in the store (with that new face brush) and i looked ashy/frosty -- not worth my money/time if i have to MAKE it work for me. They had sold out of Redhead msf, and Brunette reminded me of any generic bronzer (or even a less cute version of So Ceylon).
thmbdn.gif

passed on ALL e/s for now. Need to take inventory on my stock, and if I don't have dupes, I'll get Flip and french cuff. 100 Strokes is pretty, but it's being hyped up so much that I was disappointed IRL. Passed on all l/s cuz i don't wear it, but colors are pretty.

liked every single l/g! but only got Red Devil and Straw. Blonde because i don't have any similar. Now I know why -- neither looks good on me!!
noworry.gif
and Peroxide which u can't really go wrong with. 226 is HEAVEN SENT!!! And now i kinda wanna buy the smudger...
001_unsure.gif
ok, done for now. GOODNIGHT!