WOC: Brunette Blonde Redhead

nicoleh619

I purchased Redhead and Brunette MSF, Marquise'D L/S, Live and Dye L/G and the 226 brush. I didnt invest in any of the shadows (dupeable or wasnt impressed w color payoff/texture). I would have to say my redhead msf if my FAVEEEEEE!!!!! It's so pretty. I wasnt sure about the brunette one but I decided its better to have it than not and it is still pretty. I didnt care for the blonde one on my nc50 complexion but hey thats just me...even my fave mua who is caucasian said it made him look sorta ashy. It was gorgeous though just didnt compliment me.

MissAlphaKitty

So I'm in MAC again today for yet more retail therapy...
I'm picking up some basics I'm running out of.
I start getting in a conversation with my MUA who was helping me about how I like to buy everything when I'm in the store, but there are so some things I bring home that just don't love me...

She said, "well if it's within 30 days it's not a problem for u to bring it back." I said I felt bad doing that cuz I kno it goes into the garbage etc... she reassured me it no big deal & what's the point if it's not your colour and you're not going to use it. She gave me her business card and turns out she's one of the assistant managers there. I really love my MAC store and the people who work there
smiles.gif

I did buy the 3 brushes from the BBR collection and they are all keepers

I'm still super shy about returning to MAC but I'm returning my Red Devil L/G for being too red/pink & Flip E/S for disappointing colour payoff

MissAlphaKitty

^^^ yeah I hate bringing stuff back. I've bought MAC since 2000 but have only ever returned 1 thing... retrospeck E/S

Based on that fact, I feel a lil bit better about doing my return of Red Devil L/G

I've decide to gift Flip E/S to my girlfriend instead of returning it. She doesn't have anything in that soft gold colour and doesn't have the UD dupe e/s. At least this way it will go to a loving home instead of the MAC trash bin
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Red Devil is honstly IMO not the best WOC shade...I am sure people will hate me for saying this...But it is just not cute on...and I fall in the middle complexion range...It's a NO NO on so many levels

Ziya

Guys I worry....should I return my red devil? everytime I wear it I feel super self conscious...and my bff said "its too bright and brash" on my skintone..I wonder if I still have the receipt..
I wanted a coral l/g or L/s is there anything similar that will suit more? maybe lychee luxe..?

TISH1124

^^ I wish I could help...But honestly me and Coral have never been friends...Not sure why I got it in the 1st place...But mine was B2M so I am not too worried I will send it to someone that I know will be better suited for it than me...But if I had paid for it...yep it would be sold or returned.

dominichulinda

I know me and Coral are weird...I tend to need something thats like..Coral EXTREMELY Pink..or something ..it makes my yellow skin ..EXTREMELY YELLOW!! looking ...not flattering at all.

carandru

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like redhead MSF? Lol, I am seriously thinking of returning it. It really did nothing for me. I also go Red devil l/g and I like it. Granted, I would probably never wear it by itself, but I have some plans for it over something else. What that something else is... I haven't decided yet, lol.

I also got pincurl and henna e/s as B2M. I haven't had a chance to use either yet, but they looked so gorgeous when I swatched it I couldn't resist.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
Guys I worry....should I return my red devil? everytime I wear it I feel super self conscious...and my bff said "its too bright and brash" on my skintone..I wonder if I still have the receipt..
I wanted a coral l/g or L/s is there anything similar that will suit more? maybe lychee luxe..?

I guess it would depend on your undertones. Your small avatar makes u look olive/golden

I learned I can do subdued coral, peachy corals, orangey corals...

not red coral and Red Devil looks like Lychee Luxe in the tube and you'd think they are simliar but Red Devil is leans towards pink/red and Lychee Luxe is towards golden orange/peach

I think Pink Lemonade L/G is Lychee Luxe's little sister and despite they can be kinda loud ,that is the end of the colour spectrum that looks good on me . Golden/Orange/Peach (I'm olive toned)

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like redhead MSF? Lol, I am seriously thinking of returning it. It really did nothing for me. I also go Red devil l/g and I like it. Granted, I would probably never wear it by itself, but I have some plans for it over something else. What that something else is... I haven't decided yet, lol.

I also got pincurl and henna e/s as B2M. I haven't had a chance to use either yet, but they looked so gorgeous when I swatched it I couldn't resist.

I like Redhead but it is my least favorite of the bunch...I love Blonde and Brunette .. as far as Red Devil...It's gone bye bye ...Wasn't even gonna bother trying it again...tried it on in the store got home and looked like Ronald MCDonald...

braidey

I bought Peroxide and Live and Dye lipgloss and Blow Dry and All's Fair lipstick

Strawberry Blonde l/g looks like Rich and Ripe from Cult of Cherry
Red Devil l/g is to unflattering on my lips
Quick Tease l/g is pretty but could not justify buying it, looks like Jampacked
Soft Wave l/g way to frosty

Overall the collection was not as great as I thought it would be.

NW45

Prototype83

Dear Brunette MSF,

I am truly sorry for what I said about you earlier! You are gorgeous and make my cheeks look yummy....well, at least that's what my BF said
graucho.gif
Yes, Redhead is a fave, and I have it too....but to me you are tops! Anywhoo, don't feel too lonely....I'll be going back for your twin next week!

Love,
Prototype83
tong.gif

Scorpdva

I got both e/s, l/s and l/g from brunette collection and All's Fair and Strawberry Blonde from the blonde collection as well as the 214 brush.

Lip_gloss_whore

Ok I know someone has probably already asked this question but.... I'm really on the fence about which MSF to get between So Ceylon and Brunette I already brought Blonde which I love.... LOL But I want another one before they sell out I'm NC45 what do you ladies think??? What are the differences?
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

^^^ I am NC45 and I love both...However So Ceylon is perm now so if you are on the fence I would get the Brunette because you can get So Ceylon anytime...One is more bronze on me and the other is more bronzey gold ...They do look different on my skin

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip_gloss_whore
Ok I know someone has probably already asked this question but.... I'm really on the fence about which MSF to get between So Ceylon and Brunette I already brought Blonde which I love.... LOL But I want another one before they sell out I'm NC45 what do you ladies think??? What are the differences?
th_dunno.gif

brunette. hands down. i went back and tried it on my face this time lol (instead of my hand) and i felt so glowy and beautiful all day -- like i was glowing from the inside out!!