WOC: Give Me Liberty of London

shontay07108

Just want to give up some love for A Different Groove lipglass. It's definitely my favorite in this collection along with Prim and Proper blush.

DILLIGAF

I hauled
Blooming Lovely
Ever Hip
English Accents

I'm loving everything I own so far and I'm a 175 in MUFE HD. Im going back to pick up Bough Grey and 2 more lippies. I'm passing on P&P because I have way too many hot pink lipsticks and on B&B because I have Strike A Pose. Later on if I find them at a CCOs or if I find them on a sale then I will consider picking them up.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
^I've become a hot pink fiend this season! Rationality has gone right out the window, haha!

I'm trying to talk myself out of P&P and you're not helping!
lol.gif
So tell me how it compares to Show Orchid or Lickable?

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I'm trying to talk myself out of P&P and you're not helping!
lol.gif
So tell me how it compares to Show Orchid or Lickable?

Well I only have P&P and SO:

They're both blue based so they're WIN.

SO is electric and neon and has the waxy-normal finish amplifieds have.

P&P is SO creamed out and milky. It's 1 or 2 steps down from SO in deep color saturation.

Edit: I'm wearing both on each 1/2 of my lips and saying: "80's barbie, now Barbie, 80's Barbie, now Barbie." Lol

Nepenthe

There were quite a few things I was interested in, but after swatching things I realized I can dupe most of them. Still debating on one thing just to have the packaging, but for the most part my wallet can breathe a sigh of relief.

I did want..
Birds & Berries e/s > Strike A Pose (starflash)
Bough Grey e/s > Copperplate

Ever Hip l/p > Ravishing
Petals & Peacocks l/p > Immodest (mattene)

Perennial High Style l/g > Angel Cream (plushglass)

SassyMochaJess

I must have P&P! Like I need another bright pink lipstick... I feel like I missed out on Gladiola (sp?) so I gotta get this!!

CellyCell

I really like the packaging - better then the Hello Kitty cagada everyone went insane for. Something about white appeals to me more... anyway.

I picked up Blooming Lovely lipstick and Birds & Berries eyeshadow.

First of all, Blooming should be a pass on most... I don't know how to work this. I really wanted too because I want to rock lavender but not at the expense of looking like a crack head. It's also an exact dupe for NYX Power but more expensive. I have swatches on my blog (link on siggy) on this in an upcoming post. I think the only way to wear this is to gloss it over with some other shade to make it wearable. But to me it defeats the whole purpose of buying Blooming Lovely if I just end up masking it with another shade. Either way, I have my dupe so back it goes.

Birds & Berries - I really don't reach for blues often but this one is so pretty and I can definitely pair it up easily with different eyeshadow colors. I can't wait to play with it. I have most blues from the permanent line and I couldn't find a dupe. It did remind me of Club e/s though, just more blue.

I'mma go back and return the lipstick and maybe pick up Bough Grey (I found it to be very pretty against the skin when swatched) or the blue nail polish.

urbanD0LL

i got 3 lipglasses , perennial high style , english accents and frankly fresh . i want 3 of the lipsticks except peachstock(and petals and peacocks maybe) and 2 eyeshadows , bough grey and birds and berries

urbanD0LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
I really like the packaging - better then the Hello Kitty cagada everyone went insane for. Something about white appeals to me more... anyway.

I picked up Blooming Lovely lipstick and Birds & Berries eyeshadow.

First of all, Blooming should be a pass on most... I don't know how to work this. I really wanted too because I want to rock lavender but not at the expense of looking like a crack head. It's also an exact dupe for NYX Power but more expensive. I have swatches on my blog (link on siggy) on this in an upcoming post. I think the only way to wear this is to gloss it over with some other shade to make it wearable. But to me it defeats the whole purpose of buying Blooming Lovely if I just end up masking it with another shade. Either way, I have my dupe so back it goes.

Birds & Berries - I really don't reach for blues often but this one is so pretty and I can definitely pair it up easily with different eyeshadow colors. I can't wait to play with it. I have most blues from the permanent line and I couldn't find a dupe. It did remind me of Club e/s though, just more blue.

I'mma go back and return the lipstick and maybe pick up Bough Grey (I found it to be very pretty against the skin when swatched) or the blue nail polish.

omg yes ! i had a feeling Power would be a dupe for blooming lovely , yes i get to have an extra 16.50+tax to eat .

LoveMyMakeup

Went to MAC today and I really just wanted to get Shell Powder and a couple of l/s from this collection but I always walk out with more :/

This is what I hauled:

Summer Rose Powder
Ever Hip L/s
Peachstock L/s
Blooming Lovely L/s-I am not sure how I am going to wear this, I just wanted it in my stash because it is so pretty and I don't own a Lavender color l/s from MAC
Prim and Proper Blush

I did not got any e/s since I have tons of palettes already and no l/g for the same reason.

I already got dirty plum from Riveting and I can't believe they were sold out of the only product I wanted the most "Shell Pearl". I might just call up other counters and hope they have it. LOL

amynicolaox

I HATE the packaging because I've always hated pigeons, but some things were just too nice to pass up (I'm an NC40 for reference) I hauled:

Ever Hip L/S: I'm really into coral lips at the moment and this is a welcome addition although I do wish it was an amplified.

Perennial High Style L/G: Such a gorgeous color - it`s not the same as sockhop but in the same colour family which is my favorite!

Peachstock L/S: This hasn't got a lot of love here but it's actually a great nude lipstick for WOC - I got it as a backup as I don't have a Pro store near me.

Birds & Berries E/S: I don't usually wear color on m ylids but this was a VP and is the most gorgeous reflective color, I can't wait to pair it with Texture.

I am debating on going back for...
Frankly Fresh L/G: After reading a lot of you saying it'd be good over nudes - I realized itd look great over Peachstock.

Bough Grey E/S: I want to love this,and I love the colour, but in reality when I swatched it the texture and payoff wasn't that great IMO.

Blue India NP: I love these kind of colours but I might just save the $4 and get a backup of OPI Suzy Loves Feng Shui which I prefer.

What do you guys think -- should I go back and reswatch anything else?

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by amynicolaox
Peachstock L/S: This hasn't got a lot of love here but it's actually a great nude lipstick for WOC - I got it as a backup as I don't have a Pro store near me.

I want to go back and get Peachstock and Petals and Peacock and Prim & Proper. Blooming Lovely just didn't do it for me. I think Peachstock will be a great nude color!! I also picked up Dirty Plum and Shell Pearl. If you use a light hand, Dirty Plum is freakin gorgeous!! I've been wearing it everyday since I bought it!!!!
choochoo.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by amynicolaox

Bough Grey E/S: I want to love this,and I love the colour, but in reality when I swatched it the texture and payoff wasn't that great IMO.

Blue India NP: I love these kind of colours but I might just save the $4 and get a backup of OPI Suzy Loves Feng Shui which I prefer.

What do you guys think -- should I go back and reswatch anything else?

Bough Grey is something I was going to skip b/c it didn't swatch well. I bought it anyway and I'm glad I did. The color shows up way better on the eye over a primer.

I have that OPI color, but it is not the same as Blue India. Both are absolutely gorgeous, but I suggest you get Blue India. When you apply it, you will see the difference.

jazmatazz

I can't believe Shell pearl sold out so quickly! It was sold out at my nearest counter too.

I picked up dirty plum blush. I was already wearing blush so I didn't get to try it properly but I'm hoping I can make it happen
smiles.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Alright gotta take back what I said about Blooming Lovely l/s. A fellow Specktralite lent me a tip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
Ok here's Blooming Lovely, horrible angle, but whatever
it's slighty blurry but this is one of the only 29 pics (smh) I took that was closest to IRL color
11gkgav.jpg

2i6dwqt.jpg

eek another one, so my brown ladies, just throw a teeeeny bit of pale pink on here, and it's won't look so bad
I also am wearing Bough Grey but u can't see it :/

Quote:

Oh, and Blooming Lovely looks much better in person! Some random guy complimented me while I was ordering takeout from the Chinese store

Quote:
Dab, Smoosh, Dab, Smoosh? Is that what you're doing?
I cannot make BL not look Jim Crow dude.
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
That's what I'm doing. I applied one coat on my bottom lip, pressed my suckers together, did it again with the top lip. Then I applied that MUFE gloss #9 VERY lightly on the center of my lips

And today:
Quote:
Okay you were very right! I tossed my "give a-f*** what everybody else thinks" out the window and did the the dab and smoosh and topped my lips off with Lavender Wind l/g---for work! I had texture and black liner on my lid. Everything was very simple and sweet, I felt innocent and sexy! Thank you!

VAQTPIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAQTPIE
I also missed out on Lavender Whip so I'm looking at Blooming Lovely as well. I'll make my decision on the other products after I swatch everything myself.

Maybes:
Birds & Berries e/s
Petals & Peacocks l/s
English Accents l/g

I don't love the packaging....but I guess it's tolerable.

I ended up getting BL and B&B. I was iffy about BL at first, but then I added Plum l/l and Lavender Wind l/g and I was in love. I also tried it with no liner and Viva Glam VI SE l/g...I love that look as well.

mintbear82

I just went to MAC yesterday and picked up the following from the collection:
- Birds and Berries
- Blooming Lovely
- Peachstock
- Ever Hip
- Petals & Peacocks
- English Accents
- Frankly Fresh
- Perennial High Style
- Prim & Proper
- Shell Pearl

I think I'm going to hold back on getting the rest of the eyeshadows. I think If anything, I might also pick Dames Desire and Bough Grey and maybe the Medium Makeup bag.

amynicolaox

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
I want to go back and get Peachstock and Petals and Peacock and Prim & Proper. Blooming Lovely just didn't do it for me. I think Peachstock will be a great nude color!! I also picked up Dirty Plum and Shell Pearl. If you use a light hand, Dirty Plum is freakin gorgeous!! I've been wearing it everyday since I bought it!!!!
choochoo.gif

I think Blooming Lovely would end up looking Chalky and Ganguro Girlish on me - but I'm definitely going to look at those ones you suggested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Bough Grey is something I was going to skip b/c it didn't swatch well. I bought it anyway and I'm glad I did. The color shows up way better on the eye over a primer.

I have that OPI color, but it is not the same as Blue India. Both are absolutely gorgeous, but I suggest you get Blue India. When you apply it, you will see the difference.

Okay you have totally enabled me lol and I will be going back for both - thank you <3

La Dolce Diva

English Accents + Up The Amp= HEAVEN!

English Accents reminds me of Viva Glam VI SE gloss without the pearl. I'm getting another one as a backup- I can't imagine my life without it!
smiles.gif