WOC: How are you wearing Lavender Whip

MissResha

i actually have the Opal lustreglass, but i dont have LW, i'm gonna have to get it because its GORGEOUS.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
LOL, I was afraid this video would be here. The color looks amazing on us, but in this video it looked OBSCENELY purple. The color looks NOTHING like this in real life, with or without grape liner. It looked great in person, and before I watched the vid in it's entirety I was getting all these comments like "the lip ruined it" and "I don't like the color on you" and I couldn't figure out why. When I saw the pics, I was like
ssad.gif
. So, feel free to view the vid, I was quite happy with the face, but the lips were very off. I do love the lipstick though!!!

i thought the bluish/ purple lip was so hot. not an everyday look, but it'd be gorgeous on a runway show.

lilchocolatema

Yep, here we go again.
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Okay, the eyes, dope but them lips? Nahhh... perfect example of everything I do NOT want my Lavender Whip to look like, IMO.

lilchocolatema

Thanks love!
winkiss.gif
I HATED it on camera. But I refuse to delete a video b/c of negative comments. I'm stronger than that! Just sick of hearing how ugly it is over, and over, and over again. I'm already aware.
bangin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
i thought the bluish/ purple lip was so hot. not an everyday look, but it'd be gorgeous on a runway show.

aziajs

Quote:
Thanks love!
winkiss.gif
I HATED it on camera. But I refuse to delete a video b/c of negative comments. I'm stronger than that! Just sick of hearing how ugly it is over, and over, and over again. I'm already aware.
bangin.gif

LOL....

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Yep, here we go again.
nope.gif

Well, apparently I was late to the vid, so I missed being able to join in the dogpile in the comments section of the video. I'm a subscriber, but I can't keep up w/everyone lately, LOL. Since it was brought to my attention here, this is where I chose to respond.

Quote:
bangin.gif

Well if you hated it on camera, I know you aren't surprised about the responses. Can't win em all, right?
th_dunno.gif
And I know there's nobody telling you to take the vid down... is there? But yeah. This is what you chose to accept when ya put yourself out there, but you already know that... unless of course, you censor the comments. I don't think anyone was tryind to hurt your feelings though.... what it looks like on cam is quite a departure from what some people like, is all.

MACandie2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Here you go:

PC140142-1-1.jpg

PC140135-1.jpg

MAC Whirl lipliner
MAC Nightmoth lipliner
MAC Plum lipliner
(I layered the liners on top of one another)
MAC Opal lustreglass
MAC Lavender Whip lipstick

ok...thnx girl...i didn't realize u were a NC45...I MUST get that lavender whip now b/c u rocked it girl!
yes.gif

Shadowy Lady

I love Lavender Whip! I wear it on its own though most of the time. For my skin tone I find it's best not to mix up with anything else so the lavender shows more (I'm NW30). That being said I also tried it with Date Night dazzleglass and it looked fab.

lilchocolatema

It's cool, do you. I hadn't seen the video yet, each comment is e-mailed to my phone, so I was seeing comments and couldn't figure out why I was getting such negative responses on such a hot lip! When I got home and saw the look, I was like WTF is that?!?! I thought it looked horrendous. My mom burst out laughing when she saw the vid and was like "was that the same lipstick you had on after you made the vid?" She thought I changed lip colors!
But hey, it's not the first time people didn't like what I did, and I'm not going to stop doing my thing b/c of it. I did get a message saying I should just erase the vid and re-do it with a different lip color. Umm, no. I don't censor any comments, people can say what they want, they are entitled to their opinion. Anytime I do a video, I'm prepared for any type of response, it comes with the territory. I get MANY comments calling me n****r and big lips and whore and all kinds of stuff. But I don't remove those either. It gets annoying sometimes.

Quote:
Well, apparently I was late to the vid, so I missed being able to join in the dogpile in the comments section of the video. I'm a subscriber, but I can't keep up w/everyone lately, LOL. Since it was brought to my attention here, this is where I chose to respond.

Well if you hated it on camera, I know you aren't surprised about the responses. Can't win em all, right?
th_dunno.gif
And I know there's nobody telling you to take the vid down... is there? But yeah. This is what you chose to accept when ya put yourself out there, but you already know that... unless of course, you censor the comments. I don't think anyone was tryind to hurt your feelings though.... what it looks like on cam is quite a departure from what some people like, is all.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Here you go:

PC140142-1-1.jpg

PC140135-1.jpg

MAC Whirl lipliner
MAC Nightmoth lipliner
MAC Plum lipliner
(I layered the liners on top of one another)
MAC Opal lustreglass
MAC Lavender Whip lipstick

Just curious, what shadows are u wearing. Overall, hot look!!!!
pretty.gif

shyste

Quote:

th_dunno.gif

I am glad Erin responded...cause I just think ur tone is negative..she already said she realized the color was off...if YOU do vids urself..I am sure u know the colors are sometimes off and not what they appear in person..I am a subscriber to Erin as well and love her tuts..cause I am looking for the concept, instruction etc..rather than the colors cause I know the colors that look good for me...

don't think she really cares about urs or anybody else's neg comments cause to be on YT u have to have tough skin...

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyste
I am glad Erin responded...cause I just think ur tone is negative..she already said she realized the color was off...if YOU do vids urself..I am sure u know the colors are sometimes off and not what they appear in person..I am a subscriber to Erin as well and love her tuts..cause I am looking for the concept, instruction etc..rather than the colors cause I know the colors that look good for me...

don't think she really cares about urs or anybody else's neg comments cause to be on YT u have to have tough skin...

Okay for one, YOU *think* my tone is negative. That's your perception, which happens to be skewed, because that was not my intention. If you really read my second response, you would see why I responded like I did in my first response to the video. Second, Erin doesn't need anyone to defend her... she's already done so for herself and I respect that. It's not like I was nasty or disrespectful to her in the first place, so I don't see why you felt the need to swoop in with your cape. It's really not that serious. If you're familiar at all with my personality on specktra (and I don't expect you to be, we all have lives and spend varying amounts of time here), you'd see that I do not have a habit or rep of being nasty towards people but since you accused me of doing so, I felt compelled to respond.

TISH1124

I have to chime in on that....Ms heaven has never been intentionally rude...I think it's just a case of readers interpretation....That happens alot when you read things...never know how it is meant when it is typed...Thats one of the down sides of email and thread posts...

We all good ladies...Everyone looks Hot....hell ya'll saw my purple Barney fotd..I got ate up about 60 posts strong ...But I knew it was not personal..said...yep it was pretty bad...moved on past it...

Prototype83

O.K......back to the subject PLEASE! lol

I LOVE Lavender Whip!!! I own three and I'm thinking about getting another is possible. I wear it with either Magenta l/l or a liner by Jordana called Silver Lillac. I top it off either with a clear gloss or Ever So Rich. I want to get a hold of Funtabulous dazzleglass as well, think that would be a good combo too.

TISH1124

I can't imagine finishing 4 of the same lipsticks in my lifetime before they went bad...thats a lot of backups...I have barely finished one tube of my HG that I have had for a couple years or more

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I can't imagine finishing 4 of the same lipsticks in my lifetime before they went bad...thats a lot of backups...I have barely finished one tube of my HG that I have had for a couple years or more

LOL yeah I know, but I just love that color! The funny thing is that this the only thing that I have backups of in my whole collection. You may be right, I'll probably just stick to the ones I have.

One woman here has owned a Bubbles l/s since 1997 and it's still useable, i'm sure it was unopened...I remember reading that in the Sugarsweet swatches thread.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
a liner by Jordana called Silver Lillac.

Hmmm, I have this at home... I have to think this combo over.

Anyone tried topping it with Love Nectar lustreglass yet? I might try that when I get home.

miss_primer

UPS just knocked on my door with my lavender whip. I tried it on immediately and added plum lipliner from jordana. Loving it.
yes.gif