WOC: Mac Marilyn

Medgal07

My local MAC store is having a big event. I opted not to go but they let me pre-order yesterday and I got the three items that I wanted from this collection TODAY. I got Charmed I'm Sure & Love Goddess lipsticks and the Forever Marilyn beauty powder. I didn't get Deeply Adorned because it's deep red/burgundy and I have enough burgundy for now. The lipstick tubes are cute. The beauty powder compact has a raised top and inside mirror. I rounded out my haul with backups of Richly Honed & both brushes; 215 & 163. Replacement brush cleaner and P & P highlighter in Light Boost.

Shopping is exhausting...now I lay me down to sleep....with a smile on my face.
cheerleader.gif

MsChrys79

Hey y'all! I went to the unveiling last night and I have to say the only things that stood out to me were deeply adorned lipstick and charmed I'm sure. I purchased deeply adorned and plan to go back to get charmed I'm sure when it releases. here's me trying it out after I got home last night

Copperhead

Hey y'all! I went to the unveiling last night and I have to say the only things that stood out to me were deeply adorned lipstick and charmed I'm sure. I purchased deeply adorned and plan to go back to get charmed I'm sure when it releases. here's me trying it out after I got home last night
Oh my. This is such a pretty look! Did they do your face at the event? You look so pretty! What were you wearing on your eyes? Cheeks? Give me the scoop! LOL!

MsChrys79

Oh my. This is such a pretty look! Did they do your face at the event? You look so pretty!
Thanks! nope I did it :) on my eyes I have: Maybelline's color tattoo in mossy green on the lid, MAC's Saffron in the crease with a little Corduroy and my highlight is MAC's Arena :)

Copperhead

Thanks! nope I did it :) on my eyes I have: Maybelline's color tattoo in mossy green on the lid, MAC's Saffron in the crease with a little Corduroy and my highlight is MAC's Arena :)
Thanks. You look great! I'm trying to tell myself I don't need any of those Marilyn lipsticks but I'm liking how DA is looking.

Medgal07

MsChrys79 You're GORGEOUS...STUNNING. LOVE the look!!!!

dollluv21

sadly, im not as excited as i was before about this collection. i really wanted the beauty powder but i doubt it will work for my skin tone, so for now its deeply adore and showgirl

Tanjola

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here you go........... http://www.theglamorousgleam.com/2012/09/mac-marilyn-monroe-collection-photos-swatches-review-haul.html

kimbunney

I ended up ordering:

Love Goddess l/s (hope this will be my favorite from the collection)
Pure Zen l/s
Beauty Powder (I just couldn't avoid the packaging; I'm determined)
Showgirl e/s
Preferred Blonde e/s

I'll still go in stores next week to try on Scarlet Ibis, Charmed I'm sure and get the Redd lip liner I just wanted to make sure I got what I really wanted! It's obvious that Pure Zen wasn't going anywhere lol I just was clicking anyway.

Fiberluver

I pre-ordered DA, LG and CIS l/s @ local MAC store for an event on Sat. From the website I made off with a bp and another LG /ls.

Even though I'm NC45 I wanted the bp because it is the showpiece of this collection.

I'm not going to use it - just treasure it like my extra Marine Life powder.

What did you all pick up?

CartoonChic

I ordered:

• Love Goddess (x2)
  • Scarlet Ibis (x2)
  • Charmed I'm Sure (x2)
  • Deeply Adored (x2)

I want to swatch the Beauty Powder first and I'm going to get the lip pencils "later" (which could mean next week). I'm also getting Pure Zen and other Cremesheen+Pearl colors after the holidays. I lost interest in the eye shadows when I learned they're a larger size and I don't feel I need to have any of the colors. If I do like the colors after swatching, I'll probably opt for something similar from the permanent line instead. It's not part of the collection, but I also want to get the 231 brush to use as a lip brush.

pinkcrush

WELL... After looking at swatches on Temptalia I'm gonna pre-sale purchase Love Goddess n possibly The Perfect Cheek depending on how it swatches on my NC50 hand lol... Honestly ALL the lipsticks r gorgeous n I may be swayed to pick up C I S and D A!!! I know I want P Z too but at a later time...

Medgal07

I was out getting a blue tooth headset for my new iPhone 5 (anniv gift) so I missed the MAC Marilyn online launch. I looked out of curiosity and all of the lipsticks, lipglasses and beauty powder were sold out. INCREDIBLE! I'm glad I preordered or I would be S. O. L.

mel890

Deeply adored is gorg. Also dont be afraid of the beauty powder ladies, Im nc45 tried it on and love it.

Latest posts