WOC: Mac Marilyn

kimbunney

I'm not afraid of it because I have Lightscapade and it works just fine on my skintone. When used with a light hand and blending brush its wondeful.
Deeply adored is gorg. Also dont be afraid of the beauty powder ladies, Im nc45 tried it on and love it.

pinkcrush

Well ladies I went to NORDSTROMS last nite 2 play in the Marilyn collection and here is my review: Both blushes were dusty and chalky and lacked any real pigmentation needed to accentuate my NC50 cheeks... The beauty powder was even worse... The lipsticks were all WOC friendly :) Love Goddess wasnt nearly as pigmented as I hoped...Scarlet Ibis is absolutely GORGEOUS n I want badly it very badly although I have her older satin sister Sail La Vie... Pure Zen is a WOC must buy and I will buy one 4 sure... Surprisingly Deeply Adored was the standout l/s 4 me and I am in luv with its matte yet creamy texture and vivid color payoff!!! The polishes were all pretty and Rich Rich Rich will be a holiday hit with its double dosage of glamourus gold... The shadows were pigmented and soft as suede but also extremely dupable... Anything else not mentioned either was run of the mill or just didnt interest me...

MissTT

Thanks for the review. I may try Pure Zen at a later date since it's perm. My Nordstrom SA returns back from vacation in half an hour. (Yes, I'm waiting to call her as soon as she gets to work lol.) I need to make sure she was able to put the lippies on hold/presale for me. I originally just asked her for the BP and LG, but after seeing swatches and I emailed and asked her to add the other red lippies to my order. She never responded (found out she was off) so now I'm worried they may have already been presold. Fingers crossed as I really would prefer Deeply Adored to Love Goddess.

pinkcrush

Thanks for the review. I may try Pure Zen at a later date since it's perm. My Nordstrom SA returns back from vacation in half an hour. (Yes, I'm waiting to call her as soon as she gets to work lol.) I need to make sure she was able to put the lippies on hold/presale for me. I originally just asked her for the BP and LG, but after seeing swatches and I emailed and asked her to add the other red lippies to my order. She never responded (found out she was off) so now I'm worried they may have already been presold. Fingers crossed as I really would prefer Deeply Adored to Love Goddess.
Agreed... Love Goddess is a pass 4 me while Deeply Adored is a must have 4 me...

pinkcrush

I agree with Richelle...I am not planning to get SI because I have Sail La Vie..and I never really wear it. I should probably swap it or something, but I like the packaging (LOL)....anyway... RIchelle is love goddess dupeable? It looks similar to something...not quite sure what though.
I know u werent addressing me but I do believe L G is most definitely Dupeable... There is a similar Rimmel Kate Moss l/s that IMO has a way better color payoff and finish... Just sayin lol :)

MissTT

Haha! Just got in touch with my Nordies SA and told her how things are sold out and hard to get. She said she WILL get my stuff even if it means hiding it in the back and being sneaky. Funny part is that she works at the Lancome counter.
rofl.gif
I grabbed the lippies and even kept the BP on my order so I wouldn't have skipper's remorse. I'm sure it won't work for me though.

I wore Eden Rouge last week and it just looked off on me. I think it was likely the blue base. Not sure if I can pull that off. I was wearing Hidden Treasures blush, too. Was it maybe b/c one item was warm toned and the other cool? I swear I suck at makeup which is why I've worn the same look for YEARS.

Dominique33

I went to my local M.A.C store, next week I'll take 4 : Scarlet Ibis, Deeply adored, Surely Charmed and Love Goddess. Today I took a blush from the Office Hours collection waouh great ! Christine from Temptalia rated D or F so far I remember, I don't understand why, the blush I took is just perfect and really longwear. 24 € here in France, and I think the lipsticks for Marilyn are 21 € each.

bobbiedoll03

I know u werent addressing me but I do believe L G is most definitely Dupeable... There is a similar Rimmel Kate Moss l/s that IMO has a way better color payoff and finish... Just sayin lol
smiles.gif
Thanks and thanks for your comment about eden rouge as well!

pinkcrush

I'm wearing Eden Rouge with Raizin blush in my avatar n that day I got tons of compliments... I like pairing a bold lip with a neutral blush, try it @ TT :)

pinkcrush

O n 4 those of u out there like me who missed out on presale items at NORDSTROMS u can still buy it offline at the store or at home on the 4th so get there or log on EARLY lol!!!

CartoonChic

I ordered:

• Love Goddess (x2)
  • Scarlet Ibis (x2)
  • Charmed I'm Sure (x2)
  • Deeply Adored (x2)

I want to swatch the Beauty Powder first and I'm going to get the lip pencils "later" (which could mean next week). I'm also getting Pure Zen and other Cremesheen+Pearl colors after the holidays. I lost interest in the eye shadows when I learned they're a larger size and I don't feel I need to have any of the colors. If I do like the colors after swatching, I'll probably opt for something similar from the permanent line instead. It's not part of the collection, but I also want to get the 231 brush to use as a lip brush.
I love all of the lipsticks. I made a more in depth post in the main thread. http://www.specktra.net/t/179852/mac-for-marilyn/4110#post_2279297

CartoonChic

I know u werent addressing me but I do believe L G is most definitely Dupeable... There is a similar Rimmel Kate Moss l/s that IMO has a way better color payoff and finish... Just sayin lol
smiles.gif
I thought Revlon Cherries in the Snow could be close to Love Goddess.

Fiberluver

pinkcrush,

ER looks gorgeous on you! I wore it for the first time today and wondered why I didn't pick it up last year with Potent Fig.

I will most def try it with Raizin blush. Raizin doesn't get enough love.

I wore ER today with HT blush - love that combo.

I was feeling a little frisky today so after lunch I mixed ER with a bit of Love Goddess.

One can never wear too many reds!

Fiberluver

CartoonChic,

I love all of my MM lippies as well.

The only one I've worn thus far is Love Goddess.

I actually took my three lovelies to work today so I could show them to my co-workers. None of them wear make-up at all.

They were impressed with the packaging!

I'm trying to get as many l/s in rotation before Oct. 1st because after that it will be pink lippies for 31 days.

CartoonChic

CartoonChic,

I love all of my MM lippies as well.

The only one I've worn thus far is Love Goddess.

I actually took my three lovelies to work today so I could show them to my co-workers. None of them wear make-up at all.

They were impressed with the packaging!

I'm trying to get as many l/s in rotation before Oct. 1st because after that it will be pink lippies for 31 days.
I've been trying to figure out what my pink lipsticks would be. I think I'll probably alternate between polish and lipstick to make it work. I'm not sure if Love Goddess counts since it's actually more red with hints of pink.

VampyCouture

I thought Revlon Cherries in the Snow could be close to Love Goddess.
or Fire & Ice. I have both. Cherries in the Snow is Pink with red tones and Fire & Ice is a red with pink tones. Love me some Revlon lipsticks

Cherries in the Snow is closer though. Depends on if you want it to pull more red or pink.

Latest posts