WOC--MAC Retro Matte Collection

makeba

I got flat out fabulous and fashion boost. I wanted fod but it reminded me of kirtsch matteen

DILLIGAF

I had FOD on hold at Nordstrom. When I got there I swatched the tester and walked away without even asking for the item that I had on hold. FOD was too brown for me. I need a matte lipstick version of OCC's Black Dahlia. Am I asking for too much?

BeautyByLele

So, I bought Steady Going, on the rec of a few WOC and on the strength of not wanting skipper's remorse should it actually be LE. It will take a bit of work to wear but it will make a nice ombre lip and there are things I can do with it. It is a less-intense Silly. Collection complete lol.
Yeah this one is the one that I'm worried about, I'm going to play around with it this week before I make a finally decision .
I had FOD on hold at Nordstrom. When I got there I swatched the tester and walked away without even asking for the item that I had on hold. FOD was too brown for me. I need a matte lipstick version of OCC's Black Dahlia. Am I asking for too much?
Yeah I noticed FOD did pull a little brown on me too.... I was surprised . But the brown did not overpower the "berry -wine" color so I picked it up

sss215

Did FOD pull brown on you? It was so brown on me, I was expecting something similar to Heaux. LOVE Flat out fabulous!! but then again, purples get me every time :happydance:
No, I want that too! I lurveeeee Black Dahlia. As soon as I saw FOD, I saw the brown. Nope,not interested, lol

MissTT

The brown is the same thing that turned me off about FOD. I ordered it anyway just in case, but I doubt I'll even swatch it. On the other hand, you ladies are making me want to pick up Fashion Boost even though I have a Heroine BU. Maybe someone will swap me. LOL

eta: And I found FB pencil still in stock so I'll be biting on that. Which other pencils are must haves?

MissTT

But, sage, what about RRW liner coming up? At those prices I don't want a red pencil collection. I've got 3 from NYX now. Also, any good MLBB shades in the lot? Something I could use with almost any lippie? I wish I could see collections in person.

sagehen

But, sage, what about RRW liner coming up? At those prices I don't want a red pencil collection. I've got 3 from NYX now. Also, any good MLBB shades in the lot? Something I could use with almost any lippie? I wish I could see collections in person.
In the lot of NYX pencils or the PLW pencils from MAC? The PLW doesn't really have any MLBB shades. They are either BRIGHT or seem to be too brown. But you know there are scads of possible shades from NYX. Did you try Nude Truffle yet? I am convinced this would work for you like Hodgepodge. The RRW pencil...I am on the fence. It is like $2 more then regular PLW pencils, and I am not sure it's worth it. The PLW pencils are already expensive.

MissTT

I have several red NYX pencils. I've never tried PLW before. My Hodgepodge is sitting well and is my absolute favorite. Thanks for reminding me of the NYX dupe though. I'll have to get that when I run out. I'll scan the PLW section and see if there are any colors I feel I am missing. Right now it is definitely orange. Maybe a softer pink. I have NYX Nude Pink (?), but it seems a little off.

Yeah you're right on the price. I really love RRW though so I'm telling myself it's okay to splurge on the matching pencil for what is probably my favorite red. You know how we justify. Thanks for your input.

Prettypackages

I will swatch the nude brown/pink colors for you tomorrow. I tried on a few, but didn't find my perfect nude. But I love NYX toast (which I cant find in stores and will have to buy online, but pay shipping for a 3.50 liner!?!?!)

Do you want me to swatch all the liners from this collex?

MissTT

Not all, but have if you see something that could be a MLBB shade or a shade that could work with lots of lippies take a swatch please.

cocodivatime

*I posted this in other Retro Matte thread and sharing here* So.....Confession... I've been feeling like an idiot for rushing and backing up the lippies that I thought were going to be LE. I promised myself that now that I'm back on the make up game that I would not do the backup thing. But I fell. And I fell hard. Still not sure if FOD, RH and Steady Going will be LE but I backed them all up. Ugh. Fast forward to today when I decided to pull out Runway Hit again. Best. Nude. Ever. Here's why--- most of my nudes require a routine whether its a liner for depth, thin layer lippie because its too dark , light layer because its too light, gloss because its dry. Blah blah. But Runway Hit oh my. I can just friggin wear and GO. Yes! It does lean a tad orange but it works for my skintone (nc 44 equivalent). I can only imagine the different looks that I can create with glosses and liner. The beauty of it is that I don't need to add anything, but the option is just a plus. And the backups you ask? I think I'm going to keep them all. Lmao. We'll see what happens if they are not perm I suppose I don't have to hoard them... Haha I really need to know if its perm now. All the confusion is making me a crazy woman. I feel like I may need a few more....just incase Team Runway Hit!!!

Ashleybubbles83

I have picked up Flat Out Fabulous and Fixed on Drama (i was initially going to pass on that one but all the talk about it made me get it), and now I want All Fired Up.