WOC--MAC Retro Matte Collection

NiniCakes

Good Morning ladies! I picked up Steady Going, Flat Out Fabulous, and Dangerous. When I went to purchase them online at MAC they were sold out, so I had to get them from Nordstrom and they were on backorder, my tracking info says that the package should be delivered today so I cant wait to try them all when I get home from work!

1drfullycr8ed

By the way I'm no longer on the fence about Steady Going. I needed a deeper liner to make it work better for me but its lovely. I am glad I went back today to check it out. It's a great pink. Ladies of color don't be afraid to try it.
What liner did you use with Steady Going?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleybubbles83

Snagged All Fired Up in a blog sale...coming soon!
I am glad that you got a chance to get it!

DivaLevy

Flat out Fabulous was the only one that really awed me! I would have got all fired up but changed my mind when I swatched it in store. I felt it looked similar to other lippies I have in my collection already. I pair flat out fabulous with Vino, and Nightmoth so far and it is stunning I must say. Check out my blog post I wrote on the lipstick!

Copperhead

Flat out Fabulous was the only one that really awed me! I would have got all fired up but changed my mind when I swatched it in store. I felt it looked similar to other lippies I have in my collection already. I pair flat out fabulous with Vino, and Nightmoth so far and it is stunning I must say. Check out my blog post I wrote on the lipstick!
It's very pretty on you! I'll bet Fixed On Drama would be pretty on you too.

cocodivatime

Some swatches on NC 44 equivalent skin. I haven't worn MAC foundation in years but that's what I wore last time I tried. Lol I noticed that Dangerous is a dead on dupe for Lady Danger on my skin tone All Fired Up on Bottom RR Dangerous Flat Out Fabulous Liner is Trust in Red
098d8b0a_image.jpeg

Prettypackages

I have those lip pencil swatches MissTT, I'll have to post them tonite. I got a new phone/service, and IT DOESN'T WORK AT MY DESK... yeah, I'm irritated. LOL

MissTT

Thank you. I had to scroll real far to see what you were talking about. LOL And omg about your phone service. Almost as bad as not getting good reception at home.

I tried Runway Hit last night and it was kind of boring. But I guess it's supposed to be. I'm not sure about this shade in the retro matte formula. I think I'd like it better with a satiny finish. It looks ever so slightly ashy straight from the tube. NYX Toast liner helped.

cocodivatime

Thank you. I had to scroll real far to see what you were talking about. LOL And omg about your phone service. Almost as bad as not getting good reception at home. I tried Runway Hit last night and it was kind of boring. But I guess it's supposed to be. I'm not sure about this shade in the retro matte formula. I think I'd like it better with a satiny finish. It looks ever so slightly ashy straight from the tube. NYX Toast liner helped.
I guess it depends on skintone. I love Runway Hit on me. I don't need a liner but I'm sure different colors would change it up. Maybe you could give it a other try with a different liner?

Prettypackages

Lip liner swatches in the pro long wear finish.
a2234a21_2013-09-2518.04.04.jpeg
They don't really have a nude. The long dark brown swatch is cork for a reference. I forgot what the top three on the left are. But from left to right. Absolutely It, Nice n Spicey, more to love, Staunchly Stylish, Etcetera, Morning Coffee, and In Anticipation I think I picked the blurriest picture. LOL

MissTT

Thanks PP!

I wore Runway Hit to work yesterday and after just a few hours had that white crusty line where my lips met. So effing embarrassing.

NiniCakes

how are you ladies that have Steady Going wearing it? I tried it on last night and it was just okay to me, but I love pinks so I'm trying to figure out a way to spruce it up!
dance.gif

BeautyByLele

how are you ladies that have Steady Going wearing it? I tried it on last night and it was just okay to me, but I love pinks so I'm trying to figure out a way to spruce it up!
dance.gif

I have only worn it once... maybe I'll play around with it this week and report if I can find any combinations with it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

Steady going was my least favorite. can wear by itself but it was nothing special
I agree... out of all of them this was just okay