WOC: MAC To The Beach

Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I think I've finally finished hauling from this collection. I picked up Hipness blush - love it ! this shade is so gorgeous and Temperature Rising l/p - such an interesting color.

I'm NC45/50 for reference and was surprised by Hipness. The MAC mua tried it on me and I was so surprised - I didn't care for it when I swatched it on my hand but on my cheeks - pure love!

I'm glad I stumbled on this one! It was sold out at my local counter but the backup counter I frequent had loads of them in stock.

I love everything I got from this collection:

Hipness blush
Marine Life
Easy Lounger l/g
Flurry of Fun l/g - love it!
Temperature Rising l/p
Thrills l/s
Lazy Day l/s
Sweet/Punchy e/s
Firecracker e/s
Shimmermoss e/s (pan)

Whew!

I'm suffering from MAC overload right now - no more MAC until Stereo Rose is released.

And after that No more MAC until next January! haha - yeah right! :)

Nat

Very nice haul! You didn't snatch up that Float On By kohl pencil? That thing is so pretty I feel I might need a backup and I haven't even worn the first one yet. LOL!

GucciGirl

Ladies, If you got your Pretty Paws on Marine Life and if you have Dolly Mix please try the two together! Its love I promise! Ever since I tried it this is the way that I have been wearing it. Let me know if you love or if its just me
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
you are right, devil would be good and i have it on my list for the next time i am at MAC pro, i have a friend that got it and loves it. that and salsarose. since you mentioned dollymix, a great pink, but a little on the sheer side. hmmm i wonder how devil and full fuchsia would do. i have to try that out too.

some one has a youtube out that pink tutu by estee lauder's kohl brand FLIRT! is a dupe for marine life. i thought that was interesting, so i am going to check that out too. FLIRT! has tons of MAC dupes.

I picked up Pink Tutu Sunday. I don't think it's a Marine Life dupe, but I got it anyway because it is pretty. It's more like a pinker version of Orgasm (on me at least because with Orgasm I get more gold sheen and less pink color, but with this I can see the pink) and the texture is nice.

Fiberluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Very nice haul! You didn't snatch up that Float On By kohl pencil? That thing is so pretty I feel I might need a backup and I haven't even worn the first one yet. LOL!

No, I didn't get Float on By. And if I wanted one its too late since it is sold out at every MAC counter I've been to.

I don't have that many eye pencils from MAC. I prefer using shadows as liners. Since this collection was released Humid, Shimmermoss and Deep Truth have been getting a work out!

Nat
th_wink3.gif

DigitalRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I'm suffering from MAC overload right now - no more MAC until Stereo Rose is released.

And after that No more MAC until next January! haha - yeah right! :)

Nat

This is my same exact plan. I don't think I've ever spent this much $$ one 1 collection alone.

Foxxydiva

After reading all the positive reviews I decided to splurge on Beachbound and Flurry of Fun. For some reason lippies always look good at the store but when I get them home it's a whole nother story. Think I'll take Beachbound back because it did nothing for my NC45 complexion. And although FOF is a unique lipglass it's kinda hard to find a lipstick to wear underneath. I'll have to debate keeping this one also.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
There really are no dupes for Marine Life
smiles.gif

signed: a collector of coral and orange blush
greengrin.gif

haha i AGREEEE!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl
Ladies, If you got your Pretty Paws on Marine Life and if you have Dolly Mix please try the two together! Its love I promise! Ever since I tried it this is the way that I have been wearing it. Let me know if you love or if its just me
smiles.gif

Okays, first thing to do when i get home today!
th_wink3.gif

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I was going to edit my post to mention Salsarose too! I think if you could spice it up with something a tad more apricot/orange/peach/ you would get a really nice coral.

I think Devil + Full Fuchsia would be pretty. Also another idea is working with Frankly Scarlet. I wonder what FS + Foolish Me or FS + Torrid would look like...

Burnt Pepper and Full Fuchsia makes a VERY pretty and very pigmented dark coral. OMG. When I tried t yesterday I was in love.

Get Away Bronze Blush makes an awesome brow highlight on WOC as well. Has anyone tried that?

thiscarmen

I only purchased Thrills lipstick and Sweet and Punchy eyeshadow from this collection.

Thrills is sooooo pretty! The goldish shimmer in it makes my lips totally dimensional (if you can imagine that haha), and it just makes my lips pop. It's a brick-red with some gold shimmer, and it's just like dipping your toes into red lipstick territory without all the craziness of O or Russian Red.

And Sweet and Punchy is SO GORGEOUS. It's a veluxe pearl (FAAAAVE FINISH, HELLO!), and wearing this on the lid with a darker colour (Mulch or Copperplate, or anything, honestly) makes such a beautiful summer look!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxydiva
After reading all the positive reviews I decided to splurge on Beachbound and Flurry of Fun. For some reason lippies always look good at the store but when I get them home it's a whole nother story. Think I'll take Beachbound back because it did nothing for my NC45 complexion. And although FOF is a unique lipglass it's kinda hard to find a lipstick to wear underneath. I'll have to debate keeping this one also.

I'm NC45 also and I love Flurry of Fun. I can put it over almost anything. Corals and pinks look especially great with it.
I skipped Beachbound because I have Sunsational and I don't wear it that much. It pretty much gives the same effect.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Burnt Pepper and Full Fuchsia makes a VERY pretty and very pigmented dark coral. OMG. When I tried t yesterday I was in love.

Get Away Bronze Blush makes an awesome brow highlight on WOC as well. Has anyone tried that?

I don't have Bunt Pepper but I want it. Hopefully a Pro Store still has it in pot form...

sss215

Quote:
I don't have Bunt Pepper but I want it. Hopefully a Pro Store still has it in pot form...

its one of my favorite blushes by MAC

Sony

Quote:

My CCO near Chicago in Aurora, IL has about 15-20 Burnt Pepper blushes in pot form so you may want to check your CCO too

GucciGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl

Ok so I have been playing with this Marine life yall!!! Try it with Albatross lightly dusted on top!!
heart.gif
Whew child!! I did some black liner and lots of mascara with Cola Lipliner by NYX and Flurry of Fun on the lips and that cheek combo and Hon-ey! Don't take my word for it....Try it yourself and let me know!!
smiles.gif

Foxxydiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm NC45 also and I love Flurry of Fun. I can put it over almost anything. Corals and pinks look especially great with it.
I skipped Beachbound because I have Sunsational and I don't wear it that much. It pretty much gives the same effect.

I tried FOF over Ruby Woo and it looks awesome! I'm gonna try to get my hands on Thrills(hopefully) and try it with that.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
My CCO near Chicago in Aurora, IL has about 15-20 Burnt Pepper blushes in pot form so you may want to check your CCO too

NICE! I just called my CCOs and nope, they don't have them. I am going to keep checking back because I would love one in the pan form for my purse's makeup bag. its such a pretty color.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxydiva
I tried FOF over Ruby Woo and it looks awesome! I'm gonna try to get my hands on Thrills(hopefully) and try it with that.

i am going to try it over MAC red too. thanks!

Foxxydiva

Quote:
i am going to try it over MAC red too. thanks!

Tried FOF over MAC red and it looks nice also. Loved the way the glitter changes your l/s color. I'll have to purchase a coral l/s next to try it with.