WOC: Pro longwear

Kaycee37

I love this foundation!!! It's very comfortable! I purchased the concealer also.. Yes one pump is too much... I'm NC-45 and NW-35 in concealer.
I tried NC-42 first because the MUA said it ran too dark..
But after trying for some days, NC-45 really was perfect..thats what I wear in all the other Mac foundations

I'm very oily so blot powder is still my friend when I get more than a glow going...
I don't "set" this foundation...It would make it too matte.. allowing me too appear "old"..
So breaking the habit of setting it is hard to do but a must..
It's so durable I love that, no transfer on my cell phone..yeah..
I do set the concealer when I use it under my eyes..otherwise it appears too dewey. I use Laura Mercier special brighting powder #2 and it looks airbrushed..
quite nice..

NLoveW630

nc50 works on my nw45 skin..I really like this..no moving or ashy look..while talking on my cell phone..I see no product on my phone and that's a plus for me..very light weight..which score major points for me..

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
NC50 foundation was too grey and ashy. I tried that 1st because it was very close in the bottle to NW45, but without the red/orange.

NW45 foundation had a good color, but the coverage was too sheer. I don't need full coverage, but in some spots I want the foundation to cover, KWIM? I could use concealer with it, but I like to use one of the other. Concealer for powder days, foundation other days. Still wasn't like mat velvet #80.

NW50 foundation was lighter than NW45. go figure??? especially since there is no NW47 in the collection. it was a grey mess. Maybe someone batched it up for the NW43s, cause that color is missing too.

So basically after all that, and a comparison to these colors in SFF, which nothing in this line matches; I tried the NW50 concealer. It looked the best on my face. Perfect for my powder days, or even just alone. One pump, which is a little dot gave me coverage in all the necessary places and it blended out well. The funny thing about this concealer is that 1 pump is too much if you don't have to conceal much. Alot of people find this a flaw. I would if I didn't need to use that much. But since one pump is enough, then it works out. The concealer was very longwearing, so that was great! If you are oily, keep your blot powder handy with all ProLW, cause depending on how hot it is out, the shine still comes, anywhere from a pretty glow to needing to blot. Essentially, there is nothing you can do about that, just touch up every now and then.

Bottom line, MAC foundations are too fickle. I wear 1 color in this, and another color in that. Then a year later, I find out I need this color as oppose to that. Blah, Blah. I have used so many colors because 1 color is not the same in all formulas. That's crazy to me.

Thanks for your extensive review. MUFE Mat+ Velvet in 80 and HD in 180 are perfect for me. I went to try the products, but the SAs were not helpful. I am not even going to try them. I have sensitive skin and do not have success with MAC foundations. Thanks again!!

Nepenthe

I normally run about NC42, but I found it to be very yellow. I ended up matching well with NW35 and when I set it with NC42 powder everything balances out well. MAC liquid foundations haven't gotten along well with my skin in the past, but I haven't had any problems with this one.. which is reassuring.

Once I finish some of my existing foundations, I'll be picking this up for sure.

Foxxydiva

Went to get something from the new Venomous Villain collection but wasn't impressed. Walked away with "Goes and Goes" seeing as it looks just like "Go for It" from "In the Groove" collection.

sillygirl82

Has anyone broken out from this foundation yet? MAC foundations have a great color match for me, but they can aggravate my skin.

BeautyByLele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairnova
I have Goes and Goes. It's a very pretty purple and lasted though I had to reapply after a sumptuous meal. I apply Gaga gloss over it and it's gorge.

I have goes & goes and I like it as well, I applied lavender wind l/g over it and it was pretty. Imma have to try the gaga gloss over it. Thanks !!!

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl82
Has anyone broken out from this foundation yet? MAC foundations have a great color match for me, but they can aggravate my skin.

No, I'm good.

lucia_la_latina

I got this in NW35 and NC42.
they are amazing they stay on all day and look as good as when you put them on, so far no break outs been using for over a month now
greengrin.gif

they seem to be very true to shade also!

devin

I wore the foundation and the concealer on Friday and it was nice. NC45 was a bit too light for me. I would probably have to add dark msf natural around the perimeter of my face to get it to blend into my skin. It does have a nice finish though. The concealer is also nice and light, sort of in between select moisturecover and select cover up. I will try it again with the msf and see if I get a better blend.

BeautyByLele

I like the way the foundation felt, although I feel the concealer consistency was too light and thin (I like my concealer to have a thicker consistency). Also when I pressed the pump, too much product came out.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
I like the way the foundation felt, although I feel the concealer consistency was too light and thin (I like my concealer to have a thicker consistency). Also when I pressed the pump, too much product came out.

With the concealer, I pump a few times very lightly; not all the way down. Then when I feel a little bit of pressure, a little bit of concealer comes out, a sqiggly, line, not a whole dollop. You kinda have to gauge it.

xtina000

they seem to be very true to shade also!

I've gone to the MAC counter a few times to get matched in this foundation, and basically it comes down to NW35 or NW40. The SA put one on either side of my face and I couldn't tell the difference! Even a few hours later (giving time for oxidation etc). I don't know which one to get!!! How was NW35 for you?

I'm usually a NC42-44. I tried NC42 and it was too light/yellowy, and NC45 was too dark.

saviisneat

I ended up getting NC40 for this foundation. I was originally matched at NW30 (eehhh). The SA said my face had pink undertones therefore the NW. But my body is yellow with NO pink undertones. It was a free sample so I tried it out anyways so I could atleast get the feel for the formula. LOVED the formula. Dried fast, no need for a setting powder, kept me from being oily (a blessing since my skin is oil hell), gives amazingly natural finish, lasts 12+ hours. So I decided to try for another color. Went to a new SA and she was surprised I got matched with NW30. So she switched me to NC40. PERFECT match. Now my face matches my body haha.

j4lyphe

Have any NW45 ladies been able to match in the NW45 from PLW? Ive tried the NW45 in the PLW and it looks fine on the skin but when I take a photo it looks so wrong (grey). It photographs better when the oils in ur face come through. I really like this foundation- I love that it doesnt transfer easily and that it looks and feels natural on the skin but I need a foundation that photographs well too. Also what I love most about it is that when I oil up (oily girl here) the colour doesnt change- all u have to do is blot with a paper towel and ure good to go. I also noticed that setting this foundation with a powder makes it look too made up so if u are going to use powder use the minimal necessary.
I love my MUFE Matte Velvet in #80 but it is dark (esp when it oxidizes- burn face, so red!), transfers like a mofo and is just so heavy feeling on the skin. I thought the PLW was going to be my holy grail. Do u guys think I should try the NW50 colour instead to see if that will photograph better? I really want to make this foundie work! Maybe I could mix a little of the NW45 SFF to make the colour better?

j4lyphe

So I tried the NW50 and it was a no go- extremely ashy! The NW45 works for me despite it looking a bit light at first. Once the oils in my face break through it becomes my colour (much like the SFF NW45) so Im pretty happy about that. I went ahead and got it and the concealer today so hopefully I will continue loving this till MAC or another line comes out with another new foundation. I'm always on the lookout for a new foundation that might give me that flawless look without looking cakey and be my perfect colour match without oxidation all at the same time. I think I will forever be on that hunt since I'm so in between foundation colours because of the mixed undertones in my skin
shrugs.gif