WOC: Pro longwear

DILLIGAF

I've never used a MAC foundation ever. So I'm not sure how the coloring system there works. On the off times that I wear a foundation I use MUFE HD in 175. However the concealer is calling me. Seriously its whispering my name everytime I go to the MAC store.

j4lyphe

So I took the PLW foundie in NW45 back- it just doesnt photograph well. I guess I'll just stick with SFF and SFP. Still on the search for my holy grail foundation lol

K_ashanti

i ended up taking this foundation back too I just wasn't feeling it, so back to using SFF for me too! i get i will be trying Nars next (MUFE ans Bobbi Brown were major fails as well for me)

LAMB4LIFE

i have been using this foundation for two weeks i am an avid sff wearer i hardly eva stray, but curiosity got the best of me. its light weight, dries quickly and looks completely matte,if it stayed the way it looks when first applied all day i would love it however for me despite its claims it does not go the distance. i had no problems with colouring i purchased it in nc45 like i do all my mac foundations. back to sff for me!

BeautyByLele

I just ordered this is NC50 and I cant wait to try it. My other foundation SF C8 was starting to not look right, it made me look grey, ashy looking. I have heard good things about this foundation so i decided to try it . . . when it first came out I was unsure and decided to wait until I heard a few people thoughts.

Face2Mac

This foundation is frustrating me b/c of the coloring. I am regularly a NC50 in the center of my face and a NC55 for my perimeter. I tried the NW50 b/c it seemed like the closest match to NC50 and the other ones were to red and it was an ASHY mess. I liked the matte finish and durability but the colouring has issues.

makeba

i purchased this product and so excited to try something new but it was a flop for me. The coloring was off. the nw40 was too pink and the nc45 was too yellow. Well, cant win them all huh. Back to MUFE HD.

misha5150

I so wanted to like this foundation!! I am NC45 in SFP and the MA gave me NC45 in Pro Longwear and put some on my face. I checked it out and it looked fine to me. Got home, put some more on the other side of my face using a 187 brush. My best friend came over, saw my face and said "WTF are you wearing?? You look like you have a mask on." Not a good look. LOL Needless to say, I took this stuff back the next day and got some other makeup stuff. :/

luvlydee

I think the concealers run darker. I use nc45 studio finish concealer, so i got the nc45 in prolongwear and it was so orange! like i couldnt even put it on my blemishes. I ended up getting nw35 and it was waaaay better and more natural looking.

afulton

I went to the Mac store today to give it a try. I normally wear NW45 in SFF but it was too red/orange when I tried it in the Pro Wear formula. The MUA suggested NC50. In the store it looked like a good match. I will officially give it a try tomorrow.

chihullomac

I like the way the foundation felt, although I feel the concealer consistency was too light and thin (I like my concealer to have a thicker consistency). Also when I pressed the pump, too much product came out.
One thing i hate is that when i am using the concealer, that too much of the product comes out at one time and i tend to use the whole concealer up in no time...ugh!!!

chinablaq

One thing i hate is that when i am using the concealer, that too much of the product comes out at one time and i tend to use the whole concealer up in no time...ugh!!!
I agree! Mine always becomes a complete mess!. Too much product goes to waste. Wish they would fix that flaw. I found that pumping some into a jar like the one they give for samples, and using it from there is an easier, less messy way to use.

chinablaq

One of my staple Mac foundations. Perfect for nights out! I'm an NC50 and its not as yellow as my NC50 SFF. I find this to be a great match!

Yazmin

I agree! Mine always becomes a complete mess!. Too much product goes to waste. Wish they would fix that flaw. I found that pumping some into a jar like the one they give for samples, and using it from there is an easier, less messy way to use.
I anchor my thumb on the side while pressing down. It took a couple of tries to get it right, but I've got it down now and it doesn't waste any product.