Yay!!!! i'm losing weight!!

KAIA

OK. This is my short story.. I have always been skinny,( probably 'cause i was bulimic for several years til i ended up in hospital thanks to 2 ulcers in my stomach..eww)...until i turned 19 (I'm 22 right now) , i think i gained sooo much weight due to stress ... but what kind of stress a 19 year old could have??? well, i move to the u.s.a, i started to live my "adult" life, it was soo fast, I started to work, to pay my own bills, while i was far from my friends and family so i was super depressed and i started to eat basically pizza every single day , like 3 slices, and subs with lots of mayo and potato chips at 11 p.m.. not healthy at all... I'm 5'5" when i came i was 105 lb., i swear in 7 months i end up with 140 something pounds, i went from size 2 to size 8 sometimes 10!!! crazy, i know.. since then, i tried to go to the gym, but it didn't last long, you know same old story.. last christmas i weighted (sp?) myself and i was 165 lbs!!!!!!!! after that i freaked out, and i fell in bulimia again.. (bad girl. i know..) . Three weeks ago i throwed up a little blood, so i decided to stop doing it and start losing weight the right way.
I started to eat healthier, salads, and fruits, i'm drinking just water, and of course I'm excercising, i'm doing 30 minutes of cardio (basically dancing latin music) and then i go to glamour.com/bbg/workouts/slideshows/
and do what it says there, so i've been doing this for 2 weeks so far (3 times a week) and i started to see results.
On Sunday 24th I was 141 lbs. (which means that i lost 24 lbs. since christmas)
As of today Friday 29th I'm 137 lbs. i think it is a little too much, 4 lbs. in 5 days? anyway, I'm just trying to do it the right way...
My goal is to be between 120 lbs. and 125 lbs.

yummy411

congrats! great accomplishment.. now if i could just do the same
ssad.gif

pumpkincat210

I'm happy that you are losing weight, and a little scared since you said you were a bulimic and threw up blood. Please get some type of counseling so you don't fall back into it. Congratulations on losing, excercise and eating right are your best friends when it comes to dieting, they will help you keep it off in the long run.

thelilprincess

yeah, 4lbs in 5 days isn't very healthy - probably some water weight you lost.

:congrats:congratulations on deciding to adopt a healthy way to lose the weight - definitely watching what you eat and exercise is the way to go. i, too, gained weight since college, my clothes don't fit, and i'm trying to exercise (but i get lazy sometimes....) and eat healthier.

anyhow, healthy is to lose 1-2 lbs a week. remember that as you near your goal weight, it's usually harder to achieve the last couple pounds. plus, muscle is always heavier than fat - so i'd pay attention to how you feel (more energized) and how your clothes fit you versus the weight #.

i agree with pumpkincat210 - please seek counseling or a support group.

good luck with maintaining your new healthy lifestyle!!

KAIA

Thanks for the support girls!
Well this is my 3rd week of "eating right and exercising.."
Apparently i gained 2 pounds
weeping.gif
so I'm at 139 lb. (grrr) whatever.. but that is because this week, i ate 2 slices of cheese pizza, one portion of cheese ravioli (wednesday) but besides this I ate my fruits and salad and drink just water.
I don't know why this week I've feelin' super hungry but i'mtrying my best to control that hunger basically hunger of fattening stuff (pizza & pasta).
GOALS FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS
I decided that since next week , starting on monday since it will be my 4th week of "eating right and exercising..." I'm gonna increased my Latin dance/cardio from 30 min. to 40 min.
* I will exercise also 4 days a week , instead of 3
* I will concentrate on my abs/ back/ arms much more
* No more pizza & pasta that's evil! LOL

As an incentive, i bought a bikini , yep I did.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...roductID=28196
^^that's my bikini.
I tried it on today and i think I need work on my upper body
so far my legs are getting toned and I'm lovin' it! I haven't felt so confident in a mini dress/short like I do now, so I'm happy for that.

KAIA

OK. SO July 20th (a week ago) I weighted myself and I lost the 2 pounds I gained.. so I'm 137 now.. I gotta wait til monday to weight myself again..

KAIA

I keep forgetting to post! OK as of 7/27/2007 I'm 136! one pound less!!!!

KAIA

UPDATE! : august 11th = 135 pounds!!!!! one pound less.
And I just started to take diet pills Slimquick... hope it helps.
I also tried to eat more times a day, but a little, and for some reason it didn't work for me at all!!! i would eat a little every 3-4 hours, and at the end of the day I would be sooooooooooooooo HUNGRY like if I didn't eat nothing for the whole day! so I started to eat 3 times a day (breakfast - lunch - dinner) which consists in:
Breakfast = wheat bread, with low-fat cheese (one slice) tomatoes and spinach leaves.
Lunch = fat free turkey sandwich (wheat bread) with lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard.
Dinner = a small salad, spinach (ohh how i love it!) with eggs, tomatoes, chicken (broiled) and low-fat dressing ( a tiny bit)
2 liters of water for the whole day.

And that's all, and trust me at the end of the night I don't feel soo hungry, I just eat a banana if I do.

Thank you girls!!! for all your support, I know it is NOT easy, but what keeps motivated is the fact, that I feel waaaay more confident than before, I feel better in general.... and that's important, more than weight also, is how I look... I might be losing weight little by little, but I still have to fight my target area (abs).
So far I can tell my "back - fat" It's dissapearing! my arms are getting toned, and finally I can wear my pretty bras without the chubby parts coming out! LOL.

Oh I have a question!! can i post a picture of me in bikini?? that's the only pic I have of myself from "before" so you can see the difference.. I guess.
ok.
Kisses!
Kaia.

KAIA

Wow! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for all your lovely words, they really mean the WORLD to me!
It has NOT been easy, but, I think I'm getting use to this lifestyle, I don't even feel the "urge" to eat pizza and such LOL and the same goes for me when I have to work out, I feel so good when I do it!.
There has been things that I can see the difference now that lost some weight, I know maybe 9 pounds is not THAT much, but for me it's a lot, and mostly because I'm doing it the right way, some of my shirts were tight on my arms, not anymore!!, my legs are getting a little stronger and I love that.
But I still have issues with my upper body ex. stomach and the little "chubby" things (I don't know how to call them..) that are located exactly on the sides right under my underarms... I have NO idea how am I going to lose that .. I've been doing cardio, and crunches for my abs, but I haven't seen sooo much difference there.. anyway.. here's a pic of me, I took it today.

DSC_0203.jpg

don't mind the messy closet..LOL

well, I'm going to scan a pic of me from before so you guys can see the difference.
And once again, thanks for all the support.