Yet another DEMO story! Sorry so long...

babyjazy21

Congrats!!
thmbup.gif

It seems like you did an amazing job. I hope you get the job which im sure you will. Keep us updated!!

mslips

good luck hun! yer story helps! i have my demo int. on the 24th =) so...first you do a demo and then they take you outside and ask more q's?!

dominicana90

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
**UPDATE**

So I just got a call back: Michelle and Linda really liked me and my demo work
th_happy1.gif
They called me "delightful, a true professional and thought I'd make a great fit for MAC." Aaaw, shucks =p

Anyways, I was able to get over that first hurdle and now I have another interview with the actual counter manager this Saturday. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but dammit, I really want this job!!! Things have been so rocky these last few months and I am desperate for just one good thing to happen in my life so I know that my struggles have been worthwhile...those that know me know what the heck I'm talking about lol. It's just been one disaster after another and the potential of getting this job has been the only freakin' bright spot in my life. Pathetic huh? lol

Wish me luck gals--God, the suspense is killing me!!! And Celly, good luck to you--Nov. 3 is just around the corner--you must be so excited about your upcoming MAC training
smiles.gif

ya i no what you mean! Too much blah it's about time for something good....I thought the manager is at the interview....i didn't know that there was 2 different kinds

dominicana90

Quote:
thanks so much!

i actually did the demo/1st interview with 2 regionals, and then I got a call back from Michelle w/ her feedback--she then let me know which counters/stores were hiring for MAC MAs and gave me a number and contact name of the location she thought I'd be a good candidate for. So I called and was set up for another interview for this Saturday. I honestly thought all the interviewing was done but from what I've read, the whole MAC hiring process takes quite a bit of time. We shall see what happens!

ooooooo ok! Well I have my 1st interview today. Hopefully that is it lol. I'm already dying of nervs right now lol.

mslips

Good luck to both of you! I hope you guys get it! Oh i know what you mean..ill be super happy if i got this job...i need something new in my life! New challenges! Gosh it seems like you had to go through 4 interviews..that's too much...very overwhelming eh? Thanks so much for your help and support! I'll keep you posted.

Celly

Quote:
**UPDATE**

So I just got a call back: Michelle and Linda really liked me and my demo work
th_happy1.gif
They called me "delightful, a true professional and thought I'd make a great fit for MAC." Aaaw, shucks =p

Anyways, I was able to get over that first hurdle and now I have another interview with the actual counter manager this Saturday. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but dammit, I really want this job!!! Things have been so rocky these last few months and I am desperate for just one good thing to happen in my life so I know that my struggles have been worthwhile...those that know me know what the heck I'm talking about lol. It's just been one disaster after another and the potential of getting this job has been the only freakin' bright spot in my life. Pathetic huh? lol

Wish me luck gals--God, the suspense is killing me!!! And Celly, good luck to you--Nov. 3 is just around the corner--you must be so excited about your upcoming MAC training
smiles.gif

I really hope you get it. Did they tell you they have openings at the Sherman Oaks Blommys. I think they still have some open. I go to the corporate office tomorrow to sign all the new hire papers and meet the counter manager and the rest of the staff that they hired. If you have Tressa Matthews as your Regional then dont worry she is so sweet and laid back. I talked to the girls at the Nordstroms in Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia last night and they said Tressa is their RMO & that she is awesome. So I hope you get to work with her as well. Hey you never know we might end up in Basic training together on Nov.3
th_wink3.gif

dominicana90

Quote:
Hey there! I actually don't live in your area but it sounds like an awesome opportunity for whomever does
smiles.gif
Too bad I can't transplant myself to your neighborhood, sounds like there are more options there...thanks so much for passing along the info Celly!

I have another interview tomorrow, this time with the dept. manager/asst. manager of fragrance/cosmetics (will the interviews ever end?? lol, not complaining of course) so I have to take a long lunch and leave work for a "doctor's appointment" *ahem*

Keep ya posted!

Is it Tara the manager? She is sooo nice.

For my update....I didn't get it but she said I have very good potential and I can just email her (the recruiter) back when I feel ready to try again. I was thinking about waiting until the mac seminar that they are going to have to soon but I'm thinking that might be too late.

Well I had a lot of fun at the interview but I knew in my heart I really wasn't ready. I thought I wouldn't get an interview for like another month or so but it happened in like a week lol. I know what they are looking for now so I think I have an advantage ya know. I'm trying to think of it in a positive way lol. Everyone else I know is mad but I'm not I'm actually ok lol.
yes.gif

You guys are all my inspo!!