Yet another DEMO story! Sorry so long...

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicana90
Is it Tara the manager? She is sooo nice.

For my update....I didn't get it but she said I have very good potential and I can just email her (the recruiter) back when I feel ready to try again. I was thinking about waiting until the mac seminar that they are going to have to soon but I'm thinking that might be too late.

Well I had a lot of fun at the interview but I knew in my heart I really wasn't ready. I thought I wouldn't get an interview for like another month or so but it happened in like a week lol. I know what they are looking for now so I think I have an advantage ya know. I'm trying to think of it in a positive way lol. Everyone else I know is mad but I'm not I'm actually ok lol.
yes.gif

You guys are all my inspo!!

Aww I'm sorry! That's ok though, you just need to gain experience. Tell me about your interview though?

dominicana90

Sure! I thought it was fun either way. Ya I was alil upset but I had a good expierence. Anyways it started with verbal interview and I was feeling pretty confident about it because I had nailed macy's group interview(it took 3 tries before I actually got it) so it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. What got me was the sales question but after she explaine aus and sph i got it so well all talked about why they important etc. She then asked our favorite poduct and I went 1st. I told her my favorite product of the week was fix+ then she told me to sell it. then i said well fix+ and 187 so then i told her about the ways to use the 187 and the benefits of fix+ and why i like them together which was if your not very good at spraying yourself(im not lol) then you can stipple it on with the brush. after the interview she told me theat's when I had her lol. the after verbal the models came in in not much to my surpise we were switched. i got a really nice lady with feature i don't normally work with. but i tried and it looked alright but i dont think it followed the scenerio too much. the scenerio was that our models were (insert famous red carpet people) and after the show they were flying out to (insert exotic location) and they had to recreate that look there. so it had to be a simple glamour look. we were given 5 min to collect stuff and 25 min to complete the look. i was thinking about golden bronzy look with red lips. i got the bronzy look but i couldnt find red lip anything. he had called out 3 min and i couldnt find anything so i just grabed random colors and much to my surpised it matched and according to the recruiter that was my best part. so i think i should just practiced looks from like magazines. the recruiter seemed to really like me but idk if that is how she acts with everyine. i'm not going to give up though. i'll try again. the only people that were hired was a guy and a girl who has worked there before. i was surprised when some of the other girls didn't get it because i thought they were good. I think im going to wait until after the mac seminar to try again!

sorry for misspelling

dominicana90

and to add i didnt get all the brushes but luckily i had most of the brushes i used. i just improvised with what i didnt have!

dominicana90

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
Hi gals--I wanted to post that I got the call today and am officially a MAC Artist! Thanks to all of you lovelies for the support and well wishes.

Dominicana and mslips, it's only a matter of time for you gals too as I know talent like yours can't go unnoticed for much longer
smiles.gif

Thanks! Which one are you working at? Sorry if I asked you. What was the last interview about? Sales?

Congrats!!!

statusmode

thank you so much for this post!! and good luck with everything! working for MAC is such a dream job and reading posts like these are really starting to help give me the courage to ask for an interview. Did you personally go in or call on the phone to ask?

dominicana90

Quote:
Originally Posted by statusmode
thank you so much for this post!! and good luck with everything! working for MAC is such a dream job and reading posts like these are really starting to help give me the courage to ask for an interview. Did you personally go in or call on the phone to ask?

I went in and asked for an application.

dominicana90

I did too. Unfortunatlly the manager wasn't in. But me and her are cool. We talked alot after I turned it in and gave nme some helpdul advice. She's my fave mua!

jenny215

WOW! Congrats on the job offer!!! You are so lucky!!
I live in Boston and NONE of the MAC counters/stores are hiring - so sad! Have lots of fun!!!