your most hated mac e/s?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Violet trance- beautiful vibrant purple in the pan, ZERO color payoff, I even scraped off the top layer, tried using it wet, dig my brush in and get virtually no color. I would just through it in the trash but the color is so pretty I can't part with it.
Pretty much the same story with me. Beautiful colour in the pan, but it sucks. So dry, and no matter how much I load my brush with it, it won't go on. I don't quite have the heart to toss it, though.

MiCHiE

For anyone who complained about Mythology, French Cuff or even Pink Venus payoff quality, try using LA Splash Base/Sealer under them. The difference is amazing!

French Cuff on the lid

Heatherette Trio, with the infamous Pink Venus. The glitter didn't show up in the pic, though.

Mythology on the lid.

LA Splash used for a base in these 3 looks. Wish I had found this stuff sooner.

Nikki Taylor

For anyone who complained about Mythology, French Cuff or even Pink Venus payoff quality, try using LA Splash Base/Sealer under them. The difference is amazing!

French Cuff on the lid

Heatherette Trio, with the infamous Pink Venus. The glitter didn't show up in the pic, though.

Mythology on the lid.

LA Splash used for a base in these 3 looks. Wish I had found this stuff sooner.

Fabu!
I'm so about to buy that on ulta! thanks for sharing!

Kinakins

I got Vibrant Grape from Style Warriors and it was horrible. I just threw it away. I could literally rub my finger or brush in the pan for an hour and pick up absolutely nothing. I even scraped off the first layer to see if that would help. Nope. Same thing with Atlantic Blue.

alyxo

Honesty. It looks beautiful in the pan but on my eyelids, it's a horror story. It ends up looking like a washed out, uneven gray colour. It's so strange. And I've tried to wear it with different bases but nope, it just doesn't work.

alyxo

Patina :l it doesn't even show up on my lids
ssad.gif
Patina is one of my favourite eyeshadows! That absolutely sucks that it doesn't work for you :(

Turbokittykat

Mystical Mist. It's such a gorgeous colour that I bought two of them, only to discover the first time I tried it that I am horribly allergic to it. I spent nearly two weeks with my eyes and the skin around them horribly swollen and the skin dried out and cracking :( It took a month before I'd recovered completely.

missmeghan

As much as I don't want to admit it, Contrast. It's such a pretty midnight blue in the pan... But it just looks almost black on me. :( too harsh for a daily look. I keep it hoping I'll find some use for it or I'll put it on and it's magically much prettier. But never is. Ugh.

Yazmin

As much as I don't want to admit it, Contrast. It's such a pretty midnight blue in the pan... But it just looks almost black on me. :( too harsh for a daily look. I keep it hoping I'll find some use for it or I'll put it on and it's magically much prettier. But never is. Ugh.
How are you applying it and what kind of brush(es) are you using? The problem sounds like one I had with NARS Night Porter - the more you rub or blend it in, the more black or muddy the color appears.

missmeghan

How are you applying it and what kind of brush(es) are you using? The problem sounds like one I had with NARS Night Porter - the more you rub or blend it in, the more black or muddy the color appears.
MAC 239 (I think) patting it on, various RT brushes swiping, every method I can think of. No matter what I do it just looks dark and disappointing :(

Claire Voyant

For me, it would have to be Goldenrod. I wanted a yellow to lightly dust over darker browns to wake them up. Total fail . . .looks like a yellow cab. Anyone have some good ideas for Goldenrod?

ashnicole88

I hate Motif and Club. Also not a fan of Swiss Chocolate or Bisque. Motif was just disgusting, not pigmented whatsoever and barely showed up on my skin. I returned that one. I loved the color of Club, but after a few hours it completely disappeared from my lid, you couldn't tell I had even put it on at all. Swiss Chocolate and Bisque are just not pigmented enough for my liking (Bisque kind of blends in with my skintone).