YSL Discussion Thread

Medgal07

greengrin.gif
are you picking it up Meddy??'n
I'm waiting---busy buying perfume ATM
girlhaha.gif
Waiting for my Rainbow balls and my Guerlain Terracotta Terre D'Été Bronzing Powder. My Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche and
Charlotte Tilbury cream E/S Bette arrived today.

Medgal07

I am really loving the new ysl blur primer paired with the touche eclat foundation
smiles.gif
I thought it would make me greasy being that both products are luminous, and I live in a very HOT & HUMID place! Could be that my skin type is normal too...the jury is still out on if I should pick up the blur perfector...cute packaging, but I need to hear more about it
smiles.gif
That's good to hear. It broke me out big time!!!!
crybaby.gif
The Blur Perfector is weird but I kinda like it!!!

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF]  That's good to hear.  It broke me out big time!!!! [/COLOR]:crybaby: [COLOR=0000FF]The Blur Perfector is weird but I kinda like it!!![/COLOR]
Awww, sorry to hear that :( so far, I have not broken out, which is a surprise because most primers do that to me..do you think the blur perfector is worth the price tag? Is it a must have?

Monsy

I am really loving the new ysl blur primer paired with the touche eclat foundation
smiles.gif
I thought it would make me greasy being that both products are luminous, and I live in a very HOT & HUMID place! Could be that my skin type is normal too...the jury is still out on if I should pick up the blur perfector...cute packaging, but I need to hear more about it
smiles.gif
that's great to hear

I only wear TE foundation during winter. It's way too humid in the midwest and this would slide of my face in two seconds. (My skin is also normal/dry spots)

YarahFlower

that's great to hear I only wear TE foundation during winter. It's way too humid in the midwest and this would slide of my face in two seconds.  (My skin is also normal/dry spots)
For some reason, the TE just sinks right into my skin! I set it with the LM loose setting powder and I made a setting spray that fortifies many (not all) elements! I wish i could share the contents, but im working on a patent for it now! What's your favorite summertime foundation?

Monsy

I like Dior nude , MAC studio fix wears incredibly well on me even in the worst heat and humidity, chanel vitalumiere aqua... also mac prolongwear is phenomenal. they are all heavier than TE that's for sure. I like TE during winter when my skin gets so dry it gives me nice glow but it needs to be set with powder no matter what. I do like Lancome teint miracle better than TE - more coverage and nicer finish - still glowy but more of a satin glow. And doesn't sink into my pores like TE

Medgal07

Awww, sorry to hear that
ssad.gif
so far, I have not broken out, which is a surprise because most primers do that to me..do you think the blur perfector is worth the price tag? Is it a must have?
I can't say it's a must-have at this juncture because I still experimenting with it. I need to use it more before I would recommend it. The application is tricky----if you don't
get that right the product itself doesn't work.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey ladies! I've set up a separate thread for the Fall collection!

http://www.specktra.net/t/191656/ysl-fall-2015-rock-edgy-and-young

Psych1

My order from BG arrived today! That was fast, I ordered it late Monday afternoon! The only thing I've used so far is the lavender lip gloss. It's lovely, but it's extremely glittery. Worn alone, it looks kinda frosty even, like a lavender frost from the 60s lol (is that when frosted gloss was in style)? It wears off super fast and leaves behind glittery lips without any color. The powder looks almost intimidating, it's stark white. I'm afraid to apply it for dear if looking majorly chalky. I'll experiment a bit later this evening. The packaging on the eye palette is gorgeous and I LOVE the style of the eye Kajals. Main purpose for ordering them bc who really needs more black eye pencils. I'll post more photos a little later.

Vineetha

My order from BG arrived today! That was fast, I ordered it late Monday afternoon! The only thing I've used so far is the lavender lip gloss. It's lovely, but it's extremely glittery. Worn alone, it looks kinda frosty even, like a lavender frost from the 60s lol (is that when frosted gloss was in style)? It wears off super fast and leaves behind glittery lips without any color. The powder looks almost intimidating, it's stark white. I'm afraid to apply it for dear if looking majorly chalky. I'll experiment a bit later this evening. The packaging on the eye palette is gorgeous and I LOVE the style of the eye Kajals. Main purpose for ordering them bc who really needs more black eye pencils. I'll post more photos a little later.

Psych1

Ok, I just tried on the powder. I tried to swatch it, but it's completely translucent and just melts into my skin. You can't see anything through a crappy iPhone photo, even when I tried to build it up. So the stark, chalky white appearance was misleading. The texture is like silk, no exaggeration. It gave an overall brightening effect to my face, but it's not illuminating in anyway. It's more mattifying than illuminating, but ladies with dry skin could easily use it. It's very lightweight so it's not accentuating the drier areas of my face, but at the same time it took care of my t zone, which gets a bit oily throughout the day. The formula is lovely! It is heavily scented, but it disappears shortly after application. It feels like a light veil, that's the best way I can describe it. It does make me look a bit pale, so I personally wouldn't use this on a day when I want a bronzey look or a warm look. It makes my skin almost cooler toned, lighter and brighter. It's just my initial observation. I'm curious to see how it wears throughout the day. Hope that helps a little.

Latest posts