YSL Discussion Thread

ashievic

Gosh, never thought of that. I have found I am getting more picky about my purchases. Yes, of course I purchase way too much. For me now it has to be a LE so I don't have skipper's remorse. And something different. As I was sorting through my nail polish, more specifically Chanel. How many shades of red/berry/pink nail polish will I ever really use???? Do note I did not include purple. Purple is like sparkles, never can have too many shades of purple or sparkles. The powder from YSL in the gold sparkle compact, not sure I would purchase again. To me, nothing over the top. I also found at least to me, I hit the pan way too fast for the weird pink stuff from YSL.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I do think that YSL is a little late to the spring green + coral theme. Chanel has Tissé Venetien and before that, Guerlain did a limited palette as well. That said, I don't have the Chanel version and this looks different enough from the Guerlain that I can allow myself to have it. The palette looks like it will give a nice Spring glow (although I'm guessing it'll mostly be effective on pale skin from the look of it). Not sure about the glosses, but the marble palettes may well both end up coming home with me.

Vineetha

I do think that YSL is a little late to the spring green + coral theme. Chanel has Tissé Venetien and before that, Guerlain did a limited palette as well. That said, I don't have the Chanel version and this looks different enough from the Guerlain that I can allow myself to have it. The palette looks like it will give a nice Spring glow (although I'm guessing it'll mostly be effective on pale skin from the look of it). Not sure about the glosses, but the marble palettes may well both end up coming home with me.
It says Fusion ink Blush...! I am intrigued

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
lol.gif
Huge belly laugh!!!!!!

Medgal07

I agree the eyeshadow one is really close to the Chanel one. Not quite sure what the other is??? Blush, highlighter, or ????? I am a bit late but I finally got the 2 nail polishes from the Kisses collection, as in the orange and magenta. Nice, but so sure if they are wowsers. Need to marinate if these will be going back. The $$$ powder will be here tomorrow. TF should be here early next week, then Vamp, need to go find the money fairy.
Very early stages---we'll see more pics and decide----right Ash???

ashievic

Oh I so know I will be sucked into this vortex and end up with both. Plus I was so wrong about the Zebra palette as it looked like the Tuxedo palette. But no, it had to be the Jeep green and I was a goner. Just as I am debating do or don't I keep the new nail polish???? It does have sparkles, and I love their formula. I think I am falling deeper and deeper into the hole of no return......

Medgal07

Oh I so know I will be sucked into this vortex and end up with both. Plus I was so wrong about the Zebra palette as it looked like the Tuxedo palette. But no, it had to be the Jeep green and I was a goner. Just as I am debating do or don't I keep the new nail polish???? It does have sparkles, and I love their formula. I think I am falling deeper and deeper into the hole of no return......
Oh now you'r tempting me w/the Zebra palette. I have used the Black Addiction palette every day for the past week & a half!!! I love it---I'm so into burgundy right now,
which I'm paring with pinks for BCAM. It's such a GREAT palette too.

Vineetha

Oh now you'r tempting me w/the Zebra palette. I have used the Black Addiction palette every day for the past week & a half!!! I love it---I'm so into burgundy right now,
which I'm paring with pinks for BCAM. It's such a GREAT palette too.
iagree.gif
The texture is really nice on this one!!!

ashievic

The Zebra, again, don't be fooled by what you see in the pan. On me, it is to die for Jeep green. I thought brown, but nope that Jeep green is there, hiding. I am still waiting for dumb post to bring my CT order from weeks ago......yet, you can get bet your sweet little bottom they took the funds out of my bank weeks ago. Which is why I like the new option from getting directly from the store when you shop online. Since they use real FedEx to send out, not this dumb post garbage.....maybe tomorrow or Monday it will show up.

Medgal07

The Zebra, again, don't be fooled by what you see in the pan. On me, it is to die for Jeep green. I thought brown, but nope that Jeep green is there, hiding. I am still waiting for dumb post to bring my CT order from weeks ago......yet, you can get bet your sweet little bottom they took the funds out of my bank weeks ago. Which is why I like the new option from getting directly from the store when you shop online. Since they use real FedEx to send out, not this dumb post garbage.....maybe tomorrow or Monday it will show up.
Enough with the Zebra talk---You'll have MM running to take a serious look see
girlhaha.gif

​ So did you order from the CT web site??? That's a seriously crazy wait time!!!

elkaknits

I like the nordies black one better for the taupe all over color but I got this one as well. It was my first YSL eyeshadow and they are so finely milled. Yes I bought two palettes in the span of two days ;") The black obsession one is more daytime appropriate and this one is a night time one imo

Medgal07

I like the nordies black one better for the taupe all over color but I got this one as well. It was my first YSL eyeshadow and they are so finely milled. Yes I bought two palettes in the span of two days ;") The black obsession one is more daytime appropriate and this one is a night time one imo
Good choices---I got the Metal Clash, Rock Résille & Black Addiction Couture palettes, and really enjoy all 3.

leonah

has anyone tried the touche eclat blur perfector powder? sorry if this has been discussed earlier (I'm new to this thread)