YSL Discussion Thread

Medgal07

The Black red lipstick didn't come to the UK
cry.gif
I wonder what the rationale for that might be
ohboy.gif

ashievic

To me, the lipstick looks more coral. I only own 2 YSL lipsticks. So I am far from knowing much about them. I do know some brands look one color in the bullet, then once applied are another to color on me. I own an Armani, that looks deep vamp red, but on me, it a soft berry. So go figure. It does look lovely on you.

Anaphora

I bought Touche Eclat Foundation during the VIBR sale. I really hope it works out for me. Some people said there was zero coverage, while other said it was medium. Any opinions? I mainly got it because everyone said it was great on dry skin and didn't cling to their dry patches.

Monsy

It really depends on the brush. Brush that is more dense will give you nice medium coverage. A have a lot to cover and recently started to wear it again and absolutely love it. It is great for dry skin. Very dewy and moisturizing. I need to set it with some kind of powder just to make blending any kind of powder product on top of it easier.

Monsy

To add about the YSL te foundation - it is not really long wearing. I would always experience some fading on my chin, forehead... that never happened to me with any foundation I've tried. BUT! recently i started wearing it with touch eclat primer and 12+ hours after application it looks PERFECT. I do not like TE primer on it's own too silicony thick, just has a lot of slip to it but paired with TE foundation it's magical.

Anaphora

To add about the YSL te foundation - it is not really long wearing. I would always experience some fading on my chin, forehead... that never happened to me with any foundation I've tried. BUT! recently i started wearing it with touch eclat primer and 12+ hours after application it looks PERFECT. I do not like TE primer on it's own too silicony thick, just has a lot of slip to it but paired with TE foundation it's magical.
Thanks for the advice, Monsy! I have quite a few brushes to play with (Sephora Airbrush 56, MAC 187, the newer Wayne Goss brush 01) and a beauty blender. I also got the Laura Mercier setting powder, so hopefully that will do. I have 3 little deluxe samples of the YSL primer, so I'll be sure to try that out as well!

Monsy

don't do brush like 187 it won't give you any coverage. something more like the new 196 that is denser

Anaphora

don't do brush like 187 it won't give you any coverage. something more like the new 196 that is denser
I'll try the Wayne Goss one, and if that doesn't work I may go for the 196. The updated Wayne Goss brush is the one here in the Anniversary Set: http://www.temptalia.com/wayne-goss-the-anniversary-set-for-holiday-2015

katred

Specktra Bestie
I bought Touche Eclat Foundation during the VIBR sale.  I really hope it works out for me.  Some people said there was zero coverage, while other said it was medium.  Any opinions?  I mainly got it because everyone said it was great on dry skin and didn't cling to their dry patches.
It doesn't have heavy coverage, but I really liked it. Unfortunately, it wasn't a great match for my periodically oily skin, but I still found it a light, fresh option. Primer would likely help, as Monsy mentioned.

maeonsaturday

There is this confusing statement on the list of ingredients for Touche Eclat foundation - "may contain bismuth". EH? What does this mean? Does it or does it not contain bismuth?

It wasn't itchy when I used it, but I did break out the day after I used it.

Latest posts