YSL Discussion Thread

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
I still haven't worn it.. I might try it after seeing this!
icon_eek.gif
That palette is over a year old. You'r getting as bad as me Maggie!!!
girlhaha.gif

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]I LOVE that palette AWS-----you always find the best links for me!  I depend on you!!!  Are you slipping???[/COLOR]:rofl:  [COLOR=0000FF]YSL sale coming up soon.  What are we getting????[/COLOR]
That old PO, baby, I'm swamped! lol The YSL green palette is nice but I know there will be shades overlapping. What's on your radar?

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] I think I have all of the palettes they're currently showing so I'll probably get staples---primer, touché éclat, etc----unless they add more items---oh and maybe one NP.:sigh: [/COLOR]
Ah, I get you. I don't have anything new on the radar yet.

mkoparanova

pompom.gif
Oh I hope you'll post the look in the theme thread!!!
PO
girlhaha.gif
But I'm a bit worried to use it because the eyeshadows look very powdery when I swatch them. I also had bad experience with one other YSL palette - it was such a powdery mess on my eyes, that I have to clean my makeup and reapply it. The rock sequins one is also unusable for me
th_dunno.gif
The only YSL palette I love is the City drive classy. I wore it every day last summer
pompom.gif

awickedshape

Thank you!! PO :haha:  But I'm a bit worried to use it because the eyeshadows look very powdery when I swatch them. I also had bad experience with one other YSL palette - it was such a powdery mess on my eyes, that I have to clean my makeup and reapply it. The rock sequins one is also unusable for me :dunno:  The only YSL palette I love is the City drive classy. I wore it every day last summer :pompom:
City Drive is with the lime green and blue? It's a mixed bag for me with the Mondrian couture palettes. I love the combinations in some but some shadows perform better than others. I have no. 9, which is just great, no. 10 which I use quite often for the green and chartreuse-y shade, Fétiche (the bronze shade is amazing, the centre shade is good and the blue is nice, just a bit darker than I'd like, and the black works as a liner for clumsy me) and Bleus Lumière, which has a lovely sunset combination but the blues don't perform as well as I'd like.

mkoparanova

I have no. 9, which is just great, no. 10 which I use quite often for the green and chartreuse-y shade, Fétiche (the bronze shade is amazing, the centre shade is good and the blue is nice, just a bit darker than I'd like, and the black works as a liner for clumsy me) and Bleus Lumière, which has a lovely sunset combination but the blues don't perform as well as I'd like.
The one with the lime green is Arty, I have Classy:
pic: Beautezine

I have Rock sequins and Fetiche from the new palettes - the shades in RS are pigmented when I swatch them but they "sink" in my lids very quickly and are difficult to work it. I got another one from the wet and dry palettes because I really liked Classy but it's not same. I wanted to get Bleus Lumiere for the peachy shade but I never wear blue, so I skipped it.
Thankfully, I've purchased all my YSL palettes at 50% off but it's still wasted money. They're pretty inconsistent for a high-end brand.

awickedshape

The one with the lime green is Arty, I have Classy: pic: Beautezine I have Rock sequins and Fetiche from the new palettes - the shades in RS are pigmented when I swatch them but they "sink" in my lids very quickly and are difficult to work it. I got another one from the wet and dry palettes because I really liked Classy but it's not same. I wanted to get Bleus Lumiere for the peachy shade but I never wear blue, so I skipped it.  Thankfully, I've purchased all my YSL palettes at 50% off but it's still wasted money. They're pretty inconsistent for a high-end brand. 
Ah, nice! I totally get you on the inconsistency. When you're spending your money, a brand better live up to its name and msrp

Anaphora

I tried the Touche Eclat foundation with the Sephora 56 brush and absolutely love it. Perfect amount of coverage and it actually leaves me looking dewy even with a touch of powder.
cheerleader.gif

Medgal07

Thank you!!

PO
girlhaha.gif
But I'm a bit worried to use it because the eyeshadows look very powdery when I swatch them. I also had bad experience with one other YSL palette - it was such a powdery mess on my eyes, that I have to clean my makeup and reapply it. The rock sequins one is also unusable for me
th_dunno.gif
The only YSL palette I love is the City drive classy. I wore it every day last summer
pompom.gif
Oh that's too bad--I used the burgundy shade in it like 4 days in a row. I'm not familiar with the 'City Drive Classy'. Must look into it!!!

Medgal07

The one with the lime green is Arty, I have Classy:
pic: Beautezine

I have Rock sequins and Fetiche from the new palettes - the shades in RS are pigmented when I swatch them but they "sink" in my lids very quickly and are difficult to work it. I got another one from the wet and dry palettes because I really liked Classy but it's not same. I wanted to get Bleus Lumiere for the peachy shade but I never wear blue, so I skipped it.
Thankfully, I've purchased all my YSL palettes at 50% off but it's still wasted money. They're pretty inconsistent for a high-end brand.
I agree with both of you!!! I get sucked in by the pretty packaging but there are a few amongst my YSL palette collection that I absolutely love:
I have Bleus Lumière, Afrique03, Parisienne 07, Babay Doll Nude 09, Fétiche, Metal Clash, Rock Résille and Black Addiction.

mkoparanova

I agree with both of you!!! I get sucked in by the pretty packaging but there are a few amongst my YSL palette collection that I absolutely love:
I have Bleus Lumière, Afrique03, Parisienne 07, Babay Doll Nude 09, Fétiche, Metal Clash, Rock Résille and Black Addiction.
I love the colours in Metal clash but I'm afraid to buy it because of the previous bad experience. I'll go to swatch it if it's in your favourites!

Medgal07

You're probably thinking about the Black addiction palette, I'm referring to the one with the sequins from last year - only grey shades.

I love the colours in Metal clash but I'm afraid to buy it because of the previous bad experience. I'll go to swatch it if it's in your favourites!
Burgundy & gold are fave E/S colors for me and Metal Clash has both
thmbup.gif

Latest posts