YSL Discussion Thread

Sugar & Spice

The bronzer is very nice especially for lighter skin tones. It didn't work for me because the darker shade was red/too warm and the second shade blended with my skin tone. However I did find the perfect bronzer from Gucci.

mkoparanova

Can someone please compare the size of the foundation brush with the Y to the Chanel one that came out last year? Or to the Dior one, Sigma F80..

Monsy

you mean the foundation?

i wear bd10 but that is closer to nc15 it's definitely lighter than nc20

maeonsaturday

Not sure how many of you have bought the reformulated Touche Eclat foundation. My PRE-reformulated shade was B40. Originally they insisted that we stick to the same shade. But in the new formula, B40 is too dark, so they recommended B20 - but that was too light. When I tried B30 today I finally realized what the problem was.

image1.jpeg

Above/ left is the YSL TEC original formula in B40. You can see it looks a bit pink but on me it is more like a neutral shade. Below/ right is the new formula TEC in B30. You can see it leans yellow. So therein lies part of the issue. And you can see it very clearly in the pic. I've deliberately used a heavy swatch for clearer visual reference, and while here, it looks like the original B40 is too pink, it actually looks more neutral on me, and blends properly and nicely on me.

So I still wonder what my correct shade in the new formula is. Anyway, I just tested both foundations on my face, half on each side, then swapping again.

At a quick glance there is no visible difference. However, there are slight ones:

1. The newer one is heavier coverage. You can literally feel it on your face a bit more. Reminds me of a heavier coverage Youth Liberator Foundation rather than a reformulated Touche Eclat.
2. The older one feels more like skin and looks more natural even at a medium coverage.
3. Glowiness and radiance factor is similar.
4. The newer one, being heavier coverage, conceals better so may help the complexion look more even.
5. Newer one does cling on to dry patches more because of its velvety-matte texture. Matte factor is only slight but visible when it clings. It also sinks into pores quite evidently.

I prefer the older formula but if your skin needs more help in terms of uneven skin tone, I'd definitely recommend the newer formula.

Last edited:

Sugar & Spice

Fortunately for me I am the same shade in the old formula and the new one and I do like the new formula better especially paired with the primer as they are meant to be a combo.

My skin is not really oily more like combo and the old formula would wear off where as the new formula certainly has better staying power even without the primer. The coverage of the new formula is better but you can use your fingers, a sponge, or brush to sheer it out so its up to you and the technique you use on how you want the finish to be. I prefer the new formula because it is an improvement to the issues most of us had with the old formula, no staying power and not enough coverage but I think you get the best look when its paired with the primer. I never used primer especially since I don't really have oily skin but when my YSL SA matched me to the foundation and used the primer I was very impressed and will not use one without the other and she said they are meant to be used together to achieve the best results.

Last edited:

maeonsaturday

Interesting. On me, the older formula had the medium coverage I want, and just the right amount of glow. It also lasted well on me. I'm glad you are liking the new formula though! Just not for me.

Monsy

I agree on the old formula it had not so great staying power. It worked much better with the TE primer. I am waiting to run out of it to buy the new one

Sugar & Spice

I agree on the old formula it had not so great staying power. It worked much better with the TE primer. I am waiting to run out of it to buy the new one

After getting matched in the store I threw my old bottle away, half a bottle too and bought the new one. I just couldn't use the old formula anymore after seeing how great the new formula looked. You're going to love it!

maeonsaturday

Tried the YSL cushion sample today. Not bad! Lasted well, nice texture, nice medium coverage, but the shade was a touch too light for me even though I was given 30. Korean cushions are wonderful but they only have two shades, both too light for me.

Last edited:

Sugar & Spice

Fushion Ink & Touche Éclat are completely different formulas, Ink is nice but its not for my skin type but my friend uses it and it looks great on her.

MissTania

The bronzer is very nice especially for lighter skin tones. It didn't work for me because the darker shade was red/too warm and the second shade blended with my skin tone. However I did find the perfect bronzer from Gucci.

I love my Gucci blushes, and I would expect the other powders to be as good. What bronzer shade do you like?

yes it is light and sheer. if you are not big on bronzers i think it's perfect

Good to hear! Thanks.

I'm not big on bronzers so :icon_cheers: I get mine tomorrow.

Is it Love?:cloud9: