YSL Discussion Thread

shmooby

Re: Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

Ahhhhh I really want fetish pink, lingerie pink and nude beige. Are any of these 3 dupeable does anyone know? I'm not quite rich enough to buy all 3. Hoping to narrow it down to 1 really, but can probably justify getting 2
graucho.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmooby
Ahhhhh I really want fetish pink, lingerie pink and nude beige. Are any of these 3 dupeable does anyone know? I'm not quite rich enough to buy all 3. Hoping to narrow it down to 1 really, but can probably justify getting 2
graucho.gif

Lingerie Pink is sorta kinda dupeable by St. Germain by MAC. Mac is not as good, the consistency is not as creamy and amazing.

Nude Biege is Amazing and in my honest opinion UN dupable!

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Mango flavored?!?!? Really? i would say its more of a melon, specifically watermelon.

I just ordered #4 in Honey beige, Has anyone tried this one yet?

I love #4, great honey neutral color.
BTW, I spoke with a manager at the YSL counter and in they will come out with new shades in the fall.

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I love #4, great honey neutral color.
BTW, I spoke with a manager at the YSL counter and in they will come out with new shades in the fall.

oh my!! That is GREAT news Ernie!!! Which YSL Counter did you go to?
So I returned my #4, it was a little dark for my liking!!
I still am in love with my #2 and #7!!!

Ernie

Bloomingdales, 59 street! ^^ I love that you changed your avatar to the silver lips!

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Bloomingdales, 59 street! ^^ I love that you changed your avatar to the silver lips!

Thanks Ernie!! Oh boy, that is my old stomping ground! I used to be on 63rd @ the regency!

I'm a Chelsea girl now and try not to go above 23rd st
th_LMAO.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
The MA informed me that Lancome bought out YSL. She said don't be surprised about out any changes to the line.

Hi, this isn't true, L'Oreal bought out YSL. L'Oreal owns Lancome too.
Maybe your MA was mixed up, I read this in WWD in Jan some time.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Mango flavored?!?!? Really? i would say its more of a melon, specifically watermelon.

I agree.. It reminds me of Midori
greengrin.gif

I am totally addicted these lipsticks.. So far, I have #8, #9, #12, #13 and #14. I also tried the bright orange one, but it reminded me of Morange (I already have), so didn't get that one. My HG lipstick now!!

SakurasamaLover

heart.gif
th_happy1.gif

I just got the #20 Spicy Pink, and I love it!!!!!!!!! It's like the plum/pinkish neutral (but very pigmented) they didn't had before that now they do!

And it's my first Rouge Volupté.... this is bad... one is enough to be addicted for life.
shockt.gif

I mean seriously.... these are just superior in every way... jeez.

Now I have #19 on the way
sneaky.gif
Frivolous Pink.... it looks gorgeous on the web site I can't wait!

Shadowy Lady

I finally got the Nude Pink (I think #1) and it's gorgeous!!! It's a more opaque version of 3N so it has now become my favourite nude hands down! If these weren't so damn expensive I would buy them all! The texture is amazing

TISH1124

I totally love the feel and colors of these lipsticks....However I can't get passed the perfume smell it is just too strong for me

cherry24

I have #1 and #7, love them both, I tried the new #19 its super nice but it made my teeth look yellowy, perfect as long as I keep my mouth shut, yeah right!
The smell is melon infusion, I have the Perfect touch foundation and it has it too. It is sometimes a bit to sicky for me but most of the time its fine.

You really need to try them on your lips before you buy as the colours aren't always the most wearable but when you find one that suits you're away!

User38

I have been using these lippies for the last year or more.. the texture and colors are great. When there is a color, like the no. 5 which is a weird brown, I use it as a mixer and tone down other colors. It works perfectly. I guess I like odd smells..lol. Even Coty powder smells lovely to me!!

SakurasamaLover

Now I have #19 20 and 22.. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Exquisite Plum is so perfect for fall and Frivolous Pink is really close to Pink Fish in color (more pigmented tho).

For the smell well: I can't stand the rouge pur but this one I like.

They came up with new colors: #23-24-25-26. They are suppose to be four shades of neutral... but I can't seem to be able to find real swatches online... anybody can help? From the description and like one picture I found the website swatch seems to be way off for these... I'm particularly curious about #23 Luscious Pink.

baby_g

Arrghh i really want Exquisite Plum!

SakurasamaLover - i couldn't find anything on Luscious Pink, Soft Beige or Praline Delight but found these reviews/ swatches for Tender Peach:
HERE
HERE
AND HERE

Tender Peach looks so so nice! Like a lighter, more nude version of Peach Passion!

SakurasamaLover

Ah, thank you very much!!! I think it looks lovely, way more pale then the website swatches. I thought it was strange for nude lippies to look so dark.

spectrolite

OMG I love these lippies so much >_< I've got 4 so far:

- Provocative Pink
- Sweet Honey
- Forbidden Burgundy
- Rose Culte

I love the smell (smells like Melon to me!), the cute packaging, the pigmentation, the way they glide on my lips and the staying power. I can't wait to buy more but they are $55.00 here
shockt.gif
!

I posted this swatch in another section but I'm positing it again here for anyone interested in what some of the brighter colours look like:

Latest posts