YSL Discussion Thread

Ingenue

I have red taboo, burgundy, the darker brown (can't remember the name) and #106 (the goth purple)... but no tender peach.
cry.gif
I really don't use these as often as I should...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Going through past threads, I noticed that there were topics related to specific YSL products, but no general discussion thread. So I'm starting one, because I <3 YSL. I'm a particular fan of their Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks and the Faux Cils mascara, which is just about everything I wanted a mascara to be.

I'm eager to try the new YSL RPC Golden Lustre formula (and would be thrilled if they started coming up with shorter names for their products). I swatched the violet shade and it looks divine on my arm (not that I'll generally wear it on my arms, but you never know), as does Rouge Helios. More info here:

http://www.ysl-parfums.com/yves-saint-laurent-fragrance-amp-beauty/fragrance/women/elle-en/rougepurcouturegoldenlustre-en-en-@/produit.jspz?id=7252&preferedCateg=404

Anyone else have any YSL love? Any upcoming products you're excited about?

shontay07108

Thanks for starting this thread, Katred. After many failed attempts, I have found two products from YSL that are truly exciting: the new gel liners and the Shocking mascara. These items I have been using since I bought them weeks ago. My HG mascara, Inimitable by Chanel has been replaced by this YSL mascara. It gives volume and drama, it doesn't flake or make my lashes hard either. Pure love. The gel liners are so creamy and easy, but they stay put, unlike Clinique. The colors are truly gorgeous on the eye. My fave are Bronze Black and Cherry Black. I hope they bring out even more colors in the future. I also have the orange Rouge Pur Couture lipstick and it's lovely.

katred

Specktra Bestie
That's funny- I almost picked up Bronze Black today, but I decided to wait. Now that I know it comes recommended, I'll have to get it for sure! I got my first YSL mascara, a full size, as a GWP last year. I figured, hey, even if I hated it, it was free. Best GWP ever. Even other mascaras I've loved don't stand up to it. I'm curious to try the "shocking" formula as well.

shontay07108

Ingenue did a review on all the gel liners a few weeks ago, if you're interested. That's what pushed me to buy them because they underwhelmed me in the pot, but they are magic once they are on the eye.

Ingenue

Thanks Shontay!

You guys... I just got the freakiest YSL Lipstick in #12. It's WHITE shimmer. Gross. But it's meant to enhance and change the color of other lipsticks. I figure it's worth an addition to the old kit.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Golden Couture (I think that's what they're called) Lipsticks. They'll feature shimmer in White Gold, Yellow Gold, and Rose Gold.

Rinstar

What is everyone eyeing in the amazing-looking spring collection, Candy Face? The purple gel blush is necessary to my life along with the lavender Sheer Candy balm/gloss whatever it is. I love the look of the eyeshadow palette too, but I need swatches!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Shontay!

You guys... I just got the freakiest YSL Lipstick in #12. It's WHITE shimmer. Gross. But it's meant to enhance and change the color of other lipsticks. I figure it's worth an addition to the old kit.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Golden Couture (I think that's what they're called) Lipsticks. They'll feature shimmer in White Gold, Yellow Gold, and Rose Gold.

Yes, they have two like that- a white and a dark one- that are meant as modifiers for the other colours. I have the dark one and just wear it on its own. The Golden Couture sound like they could be interesting... I still have to catch up on all the new RPCs... I wore Pourpre Divin the other day and I just adore it.

User38

I have been wearing the Rouge Saadi for a few evenings out.. and find it is almost a perfect mix of red for me and my white hair. I also got the Rose Stilletto, and have a few which I will be getting to wear on my vacation (thanks to C!).. those are the 07 Fuschia, Eros, Rose Dahlia, Rouge Roxnne and another Fuschia.. lol. I went a bit
th_crazy.gif
since Ramon loves me in bright lipstick.. lol.

PixieDancer

My favorite product from YSL is the Touche Eclat! Such an eye brightening powerhouse with a creamy/ silky texture.

Also have YSL Golden Gloss in #3 Golden Pink and #10 Golden Peony. These glosses add that special sparkle and are great layered on top of lipstick... in the same vein as Dazzleglasses from MAC but these last longer on me than MAC's formula.

HG, I had my eye on Rouge Saadi a couple of times... May have to actually pick it up if you're wearing it so often! I am loving red lippies lately.

mjacqueline

My favourites are the Creme De Blush! So blendable! I currently have the peachy one called Velvet Peach. I'm waiting for two more in the mail.
yahoo.gif
The Pur Couture Lipsticks are also very lovely.

Shypo

I have Rouge Saadi on order - I can't wait to get it - the swatches I saw online sealed the deal.....

I haven't tried the Creme de Blush yet, but it has intrigued me - I'm not always a fan of cream blushes, but they are better for my sometimes temperamental skin....I'll have to check them out.

Kate, the purple Golden Lustre has your name all over it - I saw it the other night and thought of you!!!

OctoberViolet

Wow. I was just going through all the subjects to find one on YSL. I can't wait for the Candy Face collection. I have never bought YSL before. I just bought my first ever lippie and I love it. I would like to ask if any of my fellow Specktra's have tried YSL eyeshadows before? Are they pigmented and soft? I want the 5 ombre palette as well as the quad. Maybe a gel blush in the purple. It all depends on swatches & reviews. It's a lot more expensive than what I like to spend. My biggest expense is MAC and this is waaay more expensive. If I am going to spend the money I want the stuff to be worth it.
2cents.gif

The purple gel blush is necessary to my life along with the lavender Sheer Candy balm/gloss whatever it is. I love the look of the eyeshadow palette too, but I need swatches!

Mac-Guy

Candy Face looks deliciously like Spring. Given how cold it has become on the East coast the last few days, I desperately look forward to Spring weather and colors.

Rinstar

Wow. I was just going through all the subjects to find one on YSL. I can't wait for the Candy Face collection. I have never bought YSL before. I just bought my first ever lippie and I love it. I would like to ask if any of my fellow Specktra's have tried YSL eyeshadows before? Are they pigmented and soft? I want the 5 ombre palette as well as the quad. Maybe a gel blush in the purple. It all depends on swatches & reviews. It's a lot more expensive than what I like to spend. My biggest expense is MAC and this is waaay more expensive. If I am going to spend the money I want the stuff to be worth it.
2cents.gif

I don't have any experience with YSL make-up either! I've only had their mascara. I am so excited to try the blushes and glosses from Candy Face though. I will be ordering my stuff as soon as it's available, so I'll post swatches and a review!

OctoberViolet

Thank you, Rinstar!!
How is their mascara? On the promo photo of Candy Face there is a beautiful blue mascara shown, but nothing mentioned about it. I would LOVE to try that blue mascara.

I don't have any experience with YSL make-up either! I've only had their mascara. I am so excited to try the blushes and glosses from Candy Face though. I will be ordering my stuff as soon as it's available, so I'll post swatches and a review!

OctoberViolet

I'm probably alone with this Mac-Guy, but I am LOVING the cold weather we are finally getting on the East Coast. I am actually praying for some snow in time for Christmas. I still want those beautiful spring colors though. That will definitely warm everyone up.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Candy Face looks deliciously like Spring. Given how cold it has become on the East coast the last few days, I desperately look forward to Spring weather and colors.

Mac-Guy

Yes, you are. Lol. I didn't mind the very unusually mild Fall we had so far. However, I'm afraid Spring will be like last year, lots of snow and rain and no real Spring weather at all.