Zumba anyone???

*Moni-Luv*

Hello everyone! So I've been contemplating on purchasing these Zumba workout dvd's and was wondering if anyone else has tried them before and had results? I took a couple Zumba classes awhile ago and I remember they were fun and were a great workout. I'd love to hear any reviews you might have for the dvd's before I spend $60 on them. Thanks a million!

onepinkdiamond

Are you serious??? Um, HELLLOOOO.... Zumba is the latest CRAZE! I swear everytime I go to my zumba (and yes it is the highlight of my week), I leave drenched in sweat because it's such a good workout! I know everyone has their own technique/style of dancing, but if you can keep the rhythm, it will prove to be a very effective workout. I gauged my calorie burn once and it was close to 400 calories for the one hour... get to it girl! And remember to have fuN!

Btw, didn't even know hula is coming up. I knew bollywood or "masala bangra" is supposed to be merging with zumba or something like that; it looks fun too!

*Moni-Luv*

Well I ordered them a few days ago and I can't wait to get it! i'm determined to start 2009 off right! Good luck to you all. I'll update this later. =)

Brittni

I wanna try the Flirty Girl Fitness dvds...but they seem a bit too much like Carmen Electra ehh haha... And oh how I wish they'd bring this Chicago thing to Wisconsin... I'm close but not close enough... Check it out... Flirty Girl Fitness Chicago

But yeah, Zumba is an amazing workout and really fun!!! Goodluck starting the year off right and KEEPING it on the right track!
winks.gif

stacylynne

I have the Zumba dvd's I Love it. It's so much fun. Burns serious calories. It's a cardio workout w/o the boring treadmill & bike. I love it.
It works your whole body. I also do yoga &/or pilates 2-3x a week for strength training b/c I don't want to use weights.
Be prepared to sweat. I seriously lve this workout & I get bored very quickly from cardio workouts.
Good Luck

nicemeka

Yes, I have the ZUMBA DVD's. I LOVE Zumba, I go to a class in Va but on the days that I can't make it I will throw in my dvd. I like so much because you dont feel like your exercise just having a big party....So please purchase them.

Lauren1981

i was thinking of doing this also. i like in s.fla and there are classes everywhere but i think i'd rather have a dvd. which one's do you guys have??

coachkitten

I wanted to bump this thread to see if there is anyone that is currently doing the Zumba classes.

I noticed that there is a Zumba class really close to where I live and I want to check it out. What did everyone think of the class? Can anyone go to it or is it only for the super fit. TIA!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Katie, there is a class right close to me too. I'd never heard of Zumba, but I watched some youtube videos... I am intimidated. I have absolutely NO rhythm.
lol.gif
I have a tendency to laugh when I am embarassed, and I am SURE I would giggle the entire time.
lol.gif

Simply Elegant

I go to a class and you don't need lots of experience or coordination to be good. They go through all of the steps at the gym I go to and build up to a routine so it's good for beginners. I like zumba for a light workout.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Katie, there is a class right close to me too. I'd never heard of Zumba, but I watched some youtube videos... I am intimidated. I have absolutely NO rhythm.
lol.gif
I have a tendency to laugh when I am embarassed, and I am SURE I would giggle the entire time.
lol.gif

I feel a bit intimidated as well! I think that I might try it this week or next to see if it is something that I like. It said that people burn 500-1000 calories per workout.
shockt.gif

I am glad to hear that all skill levels can do the workout. I just don't want to be the only one that doesn't get what is going on.
lol.gif

January

I know a girl that instructs and if I lived in the same city - I would definitely go! It's a lot of fun... nobody cares what you look like.
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I feel a bit intimidated as well! I think that I might try it this week or next to see if it is something that I like. It said that people burn 500-1000 calories per workout.
shockt.gif

I am glad to hear that all skill levels can do the workout. I just don't want to be the only one that doesn't get what is going on.
lol.gif

The potential pay off sounds really good but I am seriously rythym impaired! I have been thinking more and more about going to a class as well. Maybe I'll buy the videos first and make an ass of myself in private!!
th_LMAO.gif

MzzRach

I'd love to try this, but my skills with complex choreography.......um, don't really exist. But it looks like so much fun and a high calorie burn is a good thing.

Has anyone done the Zumba DVD workouts lately? Thoughts?

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
The potential pay off sounds really good but I am seriously rythym impaired! I have been thinking more and more about going to a class as well. Maybe I'll buy the videos first and make an ass of myself in private!!
th_LMAO.gif

Don't let being uncoordinated stop you. They have modifications that newbies can do if you can't follow the entire routine. That's also how youget more coordinated- by challenging yourself. It only takes a couple of classes to get into the rhythm. At least at my gym they're very newbie friendly. All of the basic moves are shown, the instructor asks if anyone is new and their name and it's a very accepting atmosphere.

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Moni-Luv*
Hello everyone! So I've been contemplating on purchasing these Zumba workout dvd's and was wondering if anyone else has tried them before and had results? I took a couple Zumba classes awhile ago and I remember they were fun and were a great workout. I'd love to hear any reviews you might have for the dvd's before I spend $60 on them. Thanks a million!

My YMCA ( when I lived in PA) Offered zumba classes. Might want to check out your local ymca or ebay for the dvd's cheaper

nursee81

i just ordered these DVD's this am, I was up way too early watching infomercials and got suckered in. I need to lose weight and look good before this summer is over.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
i just ordered these DVD's this am, I was up way too early watching infomercials and got suckered in. I need to lose weight and look good before this summer is over.

Zumba will do it for sure. It burns so many calories and it is fun to do! Let us know how you like the DVDs. I have only gone to classes so far.