1-800 Contacts

TamiChoi

I have. They are legit. It takes a while though, but I think that's typical with any place online when you order prescription lenses. They have to check your prescription with your doctor first to make sure it's okay to ship out your lenses, but I had a great experience with them. They are a bit pricey, but I also found coupons online and entered them when I checked out. HTH!

noahlowryfan

thanks. I don't think they are pricey at all. The lenses I want to purchase are $160 from my doctor's while on 1800Contacts is only $119.92. Do you know if they charge for shipping?

COBI

If you have a Walmart with a Vision Center around you, check out their pricing, it is the cheapest I have found.

They used to have their pricing available online as well, but now online Walmart Vision contact orders are filled through 1800contacts.com, so the price is higher than it used to be; I was disappointed when they announced this online change because I already knew that 1800contacts was more expensive than WalMart's prices.

X4biddenxLustX

^^Cobi is absolutely right, walmart's vision centers are so much cheaper than your reg. doctor's office. Same with costco's.

I actually ordered my contacts last time at sear's optical because they said that they could do price matches everytime you order. So the lady who helped me out there who was so sweet, called costco and was able to bring my contacts down from like $45ish (they raised the prices since last time I've ordered from them.) to $29.99 (which was how much costco's charged). Just ask them to call the store for you to confirm the price and they'll match it for ya!

noahlowryfan

is that price for a year supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
^^Cobi is absolutely right, walmart's vision centers are so much cheaper than your reg. doctor's office. Same with costco's.

I actually ordered my contacts last time at sear's optical because they said that they could do price matches everytime you order. So the lady who helped me out there who was so sweet, called costco and was able to bring my contacts down from like $45ish (they raised the prices since last time I've ordered from them.) to $29.99 (which was how much costco's charged). Just ask them to call the store for you to confirm the price and they'll match it for ya!

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
Has anyone ordered from them before? Are they any good?

They are fine, fast with shipping and good customer service, but don't usually have the lowest prices. I use Contact Lens King.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
is that price for a year supply?

I'm not sure, I never buy a full years supply of contacts but instead I just get the individual boxes of them. But they probably can price match it too anyways, or you can at least save like $10+ on each box of contacts. So its a pretty good deal either way I think. I'm planning on heading to the mall tomorrow and theres a sears optical there, I can check for you if you'd like =]

COBI

I pay between $20 and $22 for my uncolored lenses per box (even if I order one at a time, same prescription in both eyes) and $30-$32 per box of colored lenses at Wal-Mart. The range in price is because sometimes they run sales on the lines that I use... maybe once or twice a year I catch a sale.

By contrast, the same colored lenses (FOCUS Colorblend) are $37.49 per box (when ordering 2 boxes) and to get them for $30 per box you need to buy 4 boxes.

X4biddenxLustX

All these contact lens deals confuse me!

I'm sorry but I forgot to head to Sears, I'm gonna call them up right now and ask for ya haha.

So yeah I just called them and spoke to someone. He said that you would need the years supply deal from the other place in writing. But if the other eye place offers another deal like a $10 off coupon on top of that deal, Sears can't fulfill that discount, just the one for regular prices and deals. Hope this makes sense? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you can find a place that has a super cheap deal for a years supply.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
I'm not sure, I never buy a full years supply of contacts but instead I just get the individual boxes of them. But they probably can price match it too anyways, or you can at least save like $10+ on each box of contacts. So its a pretty good deal either way I think. I'm planning on heading to the mall tomorrow and theres a sears optical there, I can check for you if you'd like =]

No, that's fine. I already ordered my contacts from 1800 Contacts and they just shipped it. So far, I like them.

X4biddenxLustX

Well let me know how your order goes! It's a big hassle having to walk out to the mall to sears or pearle vision to order them and then waiting like a week and keep having to call THEM cause they always call my house phone for some reason which I never answer. And then when they do come in I have to walk to pick them up. Totally not fun lol.

COBI

My friend mentioned that she has been using lens.com for some time; I just checked and their prices are really good, also. It's set as 3 boxes for the default but you can change it to order 1 box at a time.

noahlowryfan

they are actually pretty good. fast shipping. i got my shipment yesterday.

Quote:
Well let me know how your order goes! It's a big hassle having to walk out to the mall to sears or pearle vision to order them and then waiting like a week and keep having to call THEM cause they always call my house phone for some reason which I never answer. And then when they do come in I have to walk to pick them up. Totally not fun lol.

X4biddenxLustX

That's good! I've seen ads for them on tv and always wondered about them. I just got to see about their prices for Freshlook Colorblends and Acuvue Oasis lenses. Was the shipping free or did you have to pay extra?