10 Books

Trunkmonkey

Pick 10 Books covering one subject and, upon receiving possession of these books and without reading them absorb all of the information contained therein. What subject would you pick and why?

Hilly

Abductions. I am fascinated with why/how/where/with whom people go when abducted. One of my main goals in life is to help find a missing person.

SuSana

Catholicism. I feel like I can never know enough about my religion .

smiles.gif

threelittlebirds

Another one for cookbooks! I love to cook, eat and entertain...I'd be like the entirety of food network rolled into one person!

purrtykitty

I've already read lots of law/legal books, but medicine has always fascinated me, so I'd choose biological/medical books and/or texts.

Briar

History. I would love to know more about historical events but just can't actually force myself to read the books.

Aside from that, quantum physics and cosmology. Fascinating subject that tends to leave my brain numb when I try to read about it.

*KT*

If we're talking having the info in these books in our heads like a computer to access the information at will, then I'd have to say a stack of travel guidebooks. A stack of Let's Go books, instantly in my head, would be incredibly helpful when choosing our next travel destination as well as not to have to dig out the book to look at maps, find places to stay & eat, details on museums, etc.

Otherwise, I'd say a stack of mixed history books (world, art, etc). While I enjoy fictional books that take place in different times, to actually sit down and read a history book would be too dry for me.

Dark_Phoenix

Fashion books.
I know it sounds shallow, but I can learn facts and other "school" very easily... but not things like "How to Not Look Fat" and the "Do's and Don'ts", so I would love to be able to memorize all those little fashion nuances that would help me look better.

(right now I'm reading Paradise Lost, and Atonement, and I just finished Human, All Too Human... Milton, McEwan, and Nietzche are a little different that Glamour, lol).

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Sounds cheesy but i love historiacal romance novels

Me too. Are you familiar with the Smart Bitches?

Can I have 5 and 5, instead of 10 on one subject? I'd like to split mine between Egyptian history and art history.

lara

London history. I'm not an Anglophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I like how every book I own/read about the history of London always has something new to tell me.

ashleydenise

The Mafia ;x lol I wanna know what makes them tick, and how they decide the 'pecking' order.. It's interested me since I was little...

MAC_Whore

It would be a tie between my following loves:

1. Mathematics - Math is incredibly useful and intriguing. I think complete mastery of the subject is very sexy.
2. Weaponry - I like big guns. I like to study them & shoot them (if I can). Honestly, they turn me on.
3. Languages - I have always had an affinity towards languages and travel.

I know a lot of that doesn't make sense, but I make no apologies for my oddities.

knoxydoll

A mix of Math, History, Architecture and probably some Cooking/Nutrition. Those are the things I love in life and that's what I read on a regular basis with some fiction/fantasy novels thrown in.

Araylan

cults. serial killers. or stem cell research. these three topics have always fascinated me and every time we got to do a 'free choice' kind of book report in school, i did something on one of these.

Latest posts