100% Silica Powder and Safety Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

traxter

Since these products do not contain warning labels, I found this review on youtube. Also there are many alternatives to this.

Reviews of 100% Silica Powder...

(not powders containing silica as an ingredient or pressed powders)

This is an FYI:

It seems like silica is a stubborn little sucker that sticks to human lung tissues quite well...provided the exposure limit info I've posted, and the lack of knowledge on its elimination half life & mechanism, it's better to stay away from it...yes dusting one's face every morning for 5mins may seem minute, but the toxic exposure is only 0.1mg-10mg/m3, the volume is only a cube of 1 meter edge, which is likely the volume that we get surrounded by the powder during application.

I also looked at the MSDS silica sheet from CS, and the exposure level that they've listed from OSHA, PEL & TLV (short for permissible, threshhold exposure levels) for a TWA (time weighted average, ~8hrs/day), is 6mg - 10mg/m3, while to cause silicosis via chronic expos. merely req. 0.1mg/m3. Given that little amount of silica in a volume of a cube with 1 meter edges, I would stay away from silica all together, regardless of the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts