$1000 Shopping Spree

eighmii

So I convinced my mom..

that instead of getting me a laptop for graduation..

to let me spend what she would be spending on a laptop on makeup! since I am going to makeup school.. I told her it would more beneficial to my continuing education than a laptop.
thmbup.gif

So I get a $1000 makeup shopping spree!!

I am soooooo excited.

Any must-haves that I need to get?

I'm putting aside $200 for C-Shock..

I need BRIGHT things.. COLORFUL things. Any recommendations?

ARmakeupjunkie

Congrats on your graduation and you little shopping spree. I wish I could be so lucky!!
eyelove.gif

I don't know if you just want MAC but I would look into Nars blush shades and Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks.

dmenchi

you probably should wait until your first few days in school as they let you know what to get..
smiles.gif
Please,don't just go to mac and blow all the money on random stuff, since your mom is hoping that the money is going to help your education
smiles.gif

eighmii

OH, part of tuition is our kit.. I don't actually have to buy anything makeup-wise for school. I'm just saying to her.. since I'm an aspiring MA that it would be more useful to add to my makeup collection then to get me a computer. (After I finish makeup school my boyfriend and I are moving about an hour south and he already has a nice computer.. and I have an okay one.. so we really dont need another)

And no, it doesnt all have to be MAC. I'm actually looking to explore more outside of MAC. I have some NARS, Smashbox, and UD stuff now. I use a lot of BRIGHT colors. I LOVE colors.

I was mostly looking for recommendations of some really highly pigmented bold colors. Doesnt matter which line..

Thanks!!

Fairybelle

Brushes!! Invest in brushes first, then a nice case (that MAC one is a great choice...).
THEN, I would get some empty palettes at a MAC Pro Store and some basics like Prep+Prime, Fix+, the skincare line. Think now about what colors you want so you don't get too many duplicates.
Oh, I would also get some really nice foundation like MAC Studio Fix or Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation.
Hope this helps you look in the smart direction. Colors are nice, but you want to buy the 'basics' like this first!
(I know this is not too 'colorful' of recs, but brushes are always good to get when you have the $$$$ to spend!) Have FUN!!!

zori

Wow you are lucky. Are you planning to spend the entire sum? It would be wise to save some for a 'rainy day'.

Makeup brushes are a must have and they will be a staple tool for you, so invest in some good brushes. Of course good brushes does not necessarily mean expensive brushes. Happy shopping!

eighmii

Oh I'm totally getting brushes. I ONLY OWN 3 GOOD BRUSHES. I'm probabley gonna blow it all on eye makeup and brushes lol. I need some good foundation and stuff though. NEED. I have SO MUCH EYE MAKEUP. because thats like my trade mark.. everyone knows me for my eye makeup.

i know. i really need some good face makeup.

and im actually going to the f/s store tonite to get some empty palletes cause I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to spend my day watching Degrassi reruns and depotting =]]]

And I think I'm going to wait til after I start school to get a case. I want to see what the one they give us is like before I (well, my mom) dishes out $200 for one..

Thanks for the advice!!

Fairybelle

^^NIIIICE kit!! Let us know how those brushes are. I am obsessed with brushes now since they make all the difference in the world with how your MU will go on.

Shimmer

I would so totally buy the laptop. That kit is a great start, and it's a whole lot easier to get a job and buy makeup as you need it for your kit while you're in school vs all of a sudden needing a laptop and expecting your parents to lay the $$ out for it as well.
You can afford to spend 100 bucks out of every paycheck on makeup and rather quickly build a kit, whereas you're not likely to be able to afford to buy a laptop when you (and you will) need it.

mistella

Definitely look into Makeup Forever. Very good line for makeup artists, looks great in photos. The foundations and loose eyeshadows are really good. MAC & Smashbox have good brushes.