120 MAC Palette?

xFlossy

The amount of the 120 palette with mac stamped on them thats popping up on ebay lately is unbelievable. I stumbled across one the other month and some poor sod paid $400 for the thing! As soon as I found it and before the auction ended I reported it but ebay didnt get to it in time. Now that they have changed the settings on there so you can't see who won, I couldn't send a message to this poor sod to warn her/him off paying for it.

I just did a search now, and they are still rife on there. I can't help but feel so sorry for these people who think they are in mac heaven and have the real deal when they can get the same palette for less than $40 shipped. Makes me wanna cry! Most of the time, they are sellers which are new to ebay, with no feedback and lo and behold, they are from China (without trying to be racist).

My Husband and I got duped BIG TIME with my engagement ring from China, but thats a whooooole other kettle of fish.

120 mac palette, Beauty, Health, Clothing, Shoes, Accessories items at low prices on eBay.com.au

As soon as I see these auctions, I am reporting them, but they seem to be popping up more and more everyday. I think there is also a 12 eyeshadow palette floating around too.

I encourage anyone else who sees these to please report these auctions too. Makes me wonder how these People can sleep at night, selling counterfeit items to naive and uneducated People *shakes head*

LC

it's unfathomable to me that people actually think this is real. MAC DOESNT MAKE PALETTES LARGER THAN 4 SHADOWS!! even the 15 pan palettes you fill yourself or get custom filled on the site...

I've seen the 12 shadow palette you're talking about. it says MAC cream shadows...um...when did mac start making cream shadows?! LOL!

buy yourself a coastal scents palette...it's the same exact thing!

xFlossy

Makes me sick, but people are ignorant and probably think they are getting a great deal. They see mac stamped on all those pretty eyeshadows and think, bargain!

I don't know much about mac, but I do know they dont make those palettes as I have a 120 one sitting in my drawer.

Coastal scents are a repackager, so again, you can probably buy it cheaper on ebay without their name stamped on it. I could be wrong though.

I just get so upset and angry that there are People out there who are out to scam others.

Junkie

Yeah - it makes me really upset too.

We have them on Craigslist too and we've (all the Health & Beauty junkies) have called out SOOOOOOO many of the people. This one girl had the audacity to get mad at us and call US the liars afterwards when we posted her name and phone number to warn others. She even admitted to selling fake MAC and said people are willing to pay for "MAC-like" eyeshadows. There's a difference when you're selling something similar (a knock-off) and blatantly lying to unsuspecting or uneducated customers.

xFlossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie

We have them on Craigslist too and we've (all the Health & Beauty junkies) have called out SOOOOOOO many of the people. This one girl had the audacity to get mad at us and call US the liars afterwards when we posted her name and phone number to warn others. She even admitted to selling fake MAC and said people are willing to pay for "MAC-like" eyeshadows. There's a difference when you're selling something similar (a knock-off) and blatantly lying to unsuspecting or uneducated customers.

OMG!! Bloody cheek of it!

marusia

Quote:

Not really. Whether you admit to being fake or not, it's still illegal. Not trying to start drama or anything...people see it as just making a quick buck, but if that's the case, why not just go stand on the corner and sell crack? They're both illegal and probably harmful for your health...just the crack would make more money. LOL

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Not really. Whether you admit to being fake or not, it's still illegal. Not trying to start drama or anything...people see it as just making a quick buck, but if that's the case, why not just go stand on the corner and sell crack? They're both illegal and probably harmful for your health...just the crack would make more money. LOL

I realize that fake is fake, don't get me wrong. I don't support fake anything - designer handbags, clothing, make-up, etc. Counterfeit items make up for billions of dollars in losses every year (whether it be profit or actual jobs for people).

If someone wants to sell no-name make-up or buy wholesale and rename it after their own company, sure...do it. There are plenty of cosmetic companies that do. However, when you're selling something as a name brand and lying about it - and then getting mad at people for calling you out on it - thats karma...you gotta deal with being seen as deceitful, lying, and greedy.

It just pisses me off that they get so defensive and offended when you accuse them about selling fakes.

littlepickle

It makes me angry too, and it's rife on Trademe in New Zealand now. Some fake sellers here have the audacity to claim there's no fakes in NZ! Yeah right. We've had the 120 palettes popping up. I report every fake I see but Trademe doesn't always remove them all.

marusia

Oh yeah, I agree.
smiles.gif

I don't know what the laws are in other countries regarding counterfeits, but in America, if you get caught with or selling counterfeits, you're facing massive fines and/or prison time. Granted, I think cops have better things to do than beat down doors looking for fake eyeshadow, but it's just the fact people don't see any harm in doing something so illegal that bothers me.

Quote:
I realize that fake is fake, don't get me wrong. I don't support fake anything - designer handbags, clothing, make-up, etc. Counterfeit items make up for billions of dollars in losses every year (whether it be profit or actual jobs for people).

If someone wants to sell no-name make-up or buy wholesale and rename it after their own company, sure...do it. There are plenty of cosmetic companies that do. However, when you're selling something as a name brand and lying about it - and then getting mad at people for calling you out on it - thats karma...you gotta deal with being seen as deceitful, lying, and greedy.

It just pisses me off that they get so defensive and offended when you accuse them about selling fakes.

xFlossy

I think it is the same over here in Australia, though not so harsh. Not sure, never been caught lol. But I would imagine so.

orangeisacolour

Oh gosh, this is SO SAD. Part of me knows that since the people buying will probably never know (or care) that it's not real MAC, maybe it doesn't matter, but it's still super wrong to me. These sellers are probably literally just taking the usual coastal scents palettes and stamping MAC on them so they can get 1000% more from unsuspecting ebay prey...
ssad.gif

xFlossy

You can get it even cheaper off ebay if you dont care about the stamping on it and get the generic name. Think it's beauties factory?

Exactly! and it makes me so angry that ebay let these things go on all the time. You can report it, but who knows how long it takes for them to look at it and half the time, the auction has already gone through and the poor unsuspecting Person has paid for it.

BellaItalia1969

Huh these palettes are rife on Ebay UK,as well
angry.gif

It does make me mad that people pay lots of money for these ermmm just cos someone has put a fake MAC logo onto it to make it look like the real McCoy!
One of this sellers on Ebay UK,has sold lots of these i reported her few times but...
Abbi20
and also this seller:Yaqub786,their fake MAC 120 palettes,were removed but Abbi20,stayed and furthermore she listed today some more!!
Mac 120 Eyeshadow Palette, Slightly damaged on eBay (end time 17-Jul-10 20:31:11 BST)

cut-cost-beauty-outlet seller with over 5000 feedback who says in their auction:
MAC 120 Pro Eyesahdow Palette

This a stunning eyeshadow palette with just about every colour you can imagine (Please have a look at the pictures in the listing below)

These Palettes were never intended for retail sale and were only ever available for Pro Make-Up artists in the US

They come in a plain black outer box with the ingredients on the reverse.

The case has MAC Professional Makeup on the front.
MAC 120 Pro Eyesahdow Palette

This a stunning eyeshadow palette with just about every colour you can imagine (Please have a look at the pictures in the listing below)

These Palettes were never intended for retail sale and were only ever available for Pro Make-Up artists in the US

They come in a plain black outer box with the ingredients on the reverse.

The case has MAC Professional Makeup on the front.
%21B%29DjNH%21B2k%7E$%28KGrHqYOKj4Ewk7%210q3hBML0r4u-4%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

MAC 120 Pro Eyeshadow Make-up Set Palette on eBay (end time 16-Jul-10 21:09:24 BST)
That's why i totally do not get how Ebay reporting system works??Same replica Mac,one gets pulled another stays!?
th_confused_new.gif

Yaqub786,sold one of these fake palettes with 24PC fake MAC brush set for astonishing £100!
thmbdn.gif
Words really fail me
nope.gif

Makeup Emporium

What really bothers me is that people keep buying this crap AND leaving positive feedback!!! Then the next person comes along and sees 100% feedback so they figure they are OK. PLEASE do your research BEFORE buying!!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
What really bothers me is that people keep buying this crap AND leaving positive feedback!!! Then the next person comes along and sees 100% feedback so they figure they are OK. PLEASE do your research BEFORE buying!!

Hun
yes.gif
yep you are right!!
They pay so much money and they are probably thinking that they got a "real bargain" as for the positive feedback...
cry.gif

Latest posts