12x creme pro eyeshadows - fake??

MiCHiE

I only looked at the 1st on and it's fake. MAC does not have palettes with sponge-tipped applicators.

panda0410

^^I looked at the second and third, you didnt miss much
winks.gif
hehe

They are all fakes.... these products simply dont exist, and never have, in the authentic MAC product range.

sharkbytes

Definitely fake. The huge sponge-tip applicator and the mirror in the back are deadgiveaways. MAC never makes 12-color palettes like that.

jjjenko

How strange. I was looking at a lot of their other items...not the fake pro palettes and they look authentic.

splattergirl

indeed, the strangest thing is, this is the first fake I see from this seller in a lots of months. no idea if I should contact her and ask...

Yushimi

It's fake for sure.
Most likely they're trying to combine the fake goods with the real goods so you think you could trust them but in the end, those palettes are fake.

splattergirl

here's the reply I got:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]I'm so sorry to let you know that these items were not on Mac website, these items were just put up my most Mac make-up artist by themselves using mac refills. My advise to you whatever you plan to buy which you are not so sure you better ask the seller like what you are doing because you cannot trust some seller, I'm a buyer too and though I have a supplier and always ask her if I'm not so sure of what she send me[/FONT]

no idea what to think whether she's aware or not, I only asked could she point me towards a link with swatches or where they are on mac's site, those looked suspicious in the first place anyway but there are always people who don't care and will buy....

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
I bought lots of stuff from this ebay seller and I've never seen anything like these yet, could anyone tell me what do you think about these?

first

second

third

Full house! As has already been said, they're all fake.

If the seller doesn't know enough about M·A·C to realize these are fakes then you can't really trust anything the seller has on offer.

Please also note that the auction is a private listing - which always makes me suspicious. It's not as though the auction is for "adult themed" material where anonymity would be important to buyers. It's makeup. What is there to be ashamed about buying that?

sandrrra

Quote:
here's the reply I got:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]I'm so sorry to let you know that these items were not on Mac website, these items were just put up my most Mac make-up artist by themselves using mac refills. My advise to you whatever you plan to buy which you are not so sure you better ask the seller like what you are doing because you cannot trust some seller, I'm a buyer too and though I have a supplier and always ask her if I'm not so sure of what she send me[/FONT]

no idea what to think whether she's aware or not, I only asked could she point me towards a link with swatches or where they are on mac's site, those looked suspicious in the first place anyway but there are always people who don't care and will buy....

I reread that message she sent you like 5 times and it made no sense to me?..either way they are fake and I reported her!

blindpassion

as far as I know MAC has never sold a product with a sponge applicator - so I think thats a dead giveaway in all cases.

splattergirl

I already reported two sellers, someone from Greece and other was I think from US for selling obviously fake e/s with applicator and mirrors, there were several days before ending and I even messaged the greek who replied nothing of course - I saw the listings ended successfully, I don't know whether ebay took any action at all against those, do they care for fake makeup at all? meaning, there are very expensive fake items like pictures and other antiquities, I wouldn't wonder if they kinda ignore our makeup warnings
ssad.gif

sandrrra

Quote:
I already reported two sellers, someone from Greece and other was I think from US for selling obviously fake e/s with applicator and mirrors, there were several days before ending and I even messaged the greek who replied nothing of course - I saw the listings ended successfully, I don't know whether ebay took any action at all against those, do they care for fake makeup at all? meaning, there are very expensive fake items like pictures and other antiquities, I wouldn't wonder if they kinda ignore our makeup warnings
ssad.gif

hmm what did you report them as? whenever I report fake cosmetics the listings have always been removed! at the same time its the buyers fault too since they dont do any research before bidding, obliviously if your getting 16 pigments for 90 bucks their not real!
th_happy1.gif

splattergirl

as counterfeits and copyright violations - potential trademark infringement - other replica or counterfeit items! did I do something wrong?
tumbleweed.gif

sandrrra

Quote:
as counterfeits and copyright violations - potential trademark infringement - other replica or counterfeit items! did I do something wrong?
tumbleweed.gif

nope! thats what i do too!

Xqueeze_me

Ummm... When the sellers of fake MAC says they get their counterfeit MAC (either them not knowing or know but still sell anyway) from suppliers/wholesalers, STAY AWAY! MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale.

Some fake MAC sellers are really hard-headed and won't believe that they're selling fake MAC. As mentioned, they might not know or they know but still sell anyway to get their money back plus a nice little profit. Money makes people do evil things.