140 lbs here i come!

queenofdisaster

lol... so i weigh 104, i'm 5'8" and i'm 3 months pregnant. i'm not anorexic, i eat a lot... but i have really high metabolism so i cannot gain weight... anyways... i'm scheduled to see a nutritionist, so my goal is to gain AT LEAST 40 lbs by the end of my pregnancy. and i want to KEEP it on after i have the baby!!!

i WILL do this...
graucho.gif

bottleblack

5'8" and 104? I'm 5'8" and 150! Can we just trade bodies?
winks.gif
- Seriously though, good luck on maintaining a healthy weight.

roxybc

Perhaps you should eat more nuts and seeds like almonds and sunflower seeds which have good fats in them, and maybe more lean protien like chicken? I don't think pregnant women are supposed to eat fish are they?

queenofdisaster

i think certain types of fish are ok, you just have to watch for the mercury levels... thank you guys so much though, this is really encouraging me... i feel a lot better!!!

MAC_Whore

Good luck on your venture! How has your pregnancy been so far? Has it affected your appetite? Have you been ill? Let us know what the nutritionist says.
smiles.gif

lovalotz

if you weren't in the situation you were in, I would say that you were VERY lucky to have your metabolism.
Good luck!

ToxicAllure

My friends older sister used to be in the same boat as you. She was three months pregnant and was way under weight, which wasn't good for her baby at all.

I remember her eating more balanced meals, more healthy foods and she snacked a lot more.

But yes, tell us what your doctor says.

queenofdisaster

well, i havent been to the doc yet but i HAVE gained about 7 or 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks or so!! i am so proud, but i know i still need to see the nutritionist. lol! im just hoping i dont have a ten pound baby!
icon_eek.gif