182 Kabuki Price

fafinette21

Ok so I really want to get the 182 brush. I have heard great things about it. I looked it up on MAC's website and it is $55 CAD. Out of curiosity I looked up the US price and it's only $45!!
shockt.gif

It is $10 cheaper, when the funny thing is, converting at the current exchange rate it should only be about $47. Now I know store prices cannot be modified as quickly as the exchange rate changes. But a $10 difference?? Come on!
It's so infuriating to see that as Canadians even though our dollar is worth more than it used to be, we're still getting shafted on prices up here.
I'm so tempted to just book it down to the States and buy it there.

End rant.

Q: If you live in Canada and have gotten a PRO card, can you use it in the States? Just curious.

anjelik_dreamin

It's even worse in Australia. Our currency is reasonably close to the US but we pay literally more than DOUBLE! That brush is around $90 here i believe.

ritchieramone

I knew that our Australian friends pay even more than we do here in the UK, but I really was shocked to see that they have to pay AUD$88 for the 182, which converts to roughly US$76 or CAN$80! It's all relative, I guess ...
ssad.gif

fafinette21

Maybe it's more over there because of shipping overseas? Or do they manufacture them there. I'm not too familiar with these type of processes obviously lol.
But still, I could freaking WALK to the US (might take a while) so I'm not sure why there is a large price difference given the fact that we are right next door.

gigiopolis

It's RIDICULOUS, I know! I just forked over $55 anyway. No regrets...okay, maybe I regret not living in America. =_= I wonder if the prices will EVER get better?

And I'm pretty sure the PRO card works everywhere - just, different countries may have different rules and regulations for them.

Simply Elegant

I know, it is ridiculous but it's partly because more American consumers wouldn't put up with that.

I totally regret buying my 182. It sheds like crazy.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I know, it is ridiculous but it's partly because more American consumers wouldn't put up with that.

I totally regret buying my 182. It sheds like crazy.

Well, I don't think any Canadians or Europeans "put up with it", but it's not like the prices change immediately. Besides, isn't the standard pricing in USD?

My 182 sheds very minimally, maybe one hair each time? I cleaned it with baby shampoo the moment I got it, maybe that's why. And even when I cleaned it the first time, it didn't really shed that much.

I'm totally willing to pick hairs off my face if it means flawless application, and a brush that is the smoothest that I've ever felt!
thmbup.gif

doll.face

Wow! I had no idea about all the different prices. That really stinks. I personally really like the kabuki brush. It's super soft but still firm which is great for blending or getting rid of too much color.

NeSs_a_mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
well here in NZ, i paid $98 new for it!! nearly died handing over the eftpos card!

I felt the same way when i bought my kabuki
ssad.gif
. Buttt it was totally worth it.

Shoegal-fr

In France, it's 45 euros so approx. 63 US dollars... it's outrageous, seriously. That's why i usually buy brushes at the MAC counter in Sephora, so i can get 20% off...
But, i still do think that MAC brushes are worth it!

myystiqueen

yea.... we have to pay $88 for #182 which sucks!!!!!

but still,, i have to get it...... i'm planning on getting it in a month.....

anita22

I really want this brush! Hubby is stopping through LAX on his way to the UK in a couple of weeks which is AWESOME because he can buy it for me in the US. Downside is I first have to convince him to do it....(He will say I don't need it!)