189 brush...

BeautyPsycho

If anyone has 189 brush, could you please tell me
-where was it made (printed onto the brush),
-is it on the heavy side
-did it have any smell when you first got it
-or did I just buy a fake brush?
lol.gif
It really stinks (both hairs and handle) but I just want to make sure. I can make some pics if you think you'll be able to see if it's fake?

Thanks!

caffn8me

You really need to post pictures. Without those it's going to be impossible to give you any sort of an answer. M·A·C brushes really don't usually stink so that's unusual but you don't know how it's been stored which may have tainted it.

BeautyPsycho

Thanks! Yes, that's what I was thinking too... maybe it's due to storage issues. I'll make some pics right now.
smiles.gif

BeautyPsycho

Here are pics- Some of them re bigger so I'll put thumbnails.

There is some glue visible and it's made in the US.

compared to some of my other brushes, and it has a sticker on the little plastic sleeve it comes in

redambition

i'm sorry to say that brush is counterfeit.
ssad.gif

the MAC logo is wrong, the gaps on the letters are incorrectly placed and the wrong size.

TISH1124

I was about to take a picture of mine but it looks like you may have gotten the info you needed...Mine came from the CCO

caffn8me

I think it would be useful if you would post a picture of yours please, just so that folks can see what differences are. We know yours is genuine.

TISH1124

I will I am having a hard time getting good shots....My camera sucks...But give me a few mins and I will for sure

caffn8me

Thanks! My camera's probably even worse - it's 2000 vintage digital and only has 1.3 megapixels!

TISH1124

And no my brush did not smell funny or bad at all....

Sara has a better camera than mine I will ask her to post as well..she has a brush from my CCO too

BeautyPsycho

Thanks Tish! I will be returning this fake brush and getting my refund, and probably won't buy any MAC on ebay, ever again! Ugh.

TISH1124

Also mine was made in the USA...but the embossing wasn't so prominent that I was able to capture a good shot with my camera

Latest posts