189 vs 190

Makeup Emporium

Hi, these brushes are very different. From end to end they are actually about the same length. However everything else is different:

189 - has rounded bristles which are 4cm at the longest point.
- has thick full bristles.
- this is a face brush to be used with powders and blushes.
MAC description - A uniquely shaped, rounded-paddle Face Brush with chiselled edges on each side for effortless placement and precise blending of product. An ideal tool for use in sculpting the face. Very soft synthetic bristles make it perfect for use on sensitive skins. May be used to apply all M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish powders, M·A·C Powders, Cream Blush and Cream Colour Base.

190 - has rounded bristles which are just under 3cm at the longest point.
- has tapered bristles.
- this is a foundation brush.
MAC description - Pro-quality. A foundation brush designed to create even finish, flawless look. Works well with any M·A·C foundation, including Studio Fix and Studio Tech. . A professional-class foundation brush designed to provide a smooth, even finish, flawless look. Use to apply, distribute, and blend foundation into all areas in the face.

I actually have both of them so I will try to post a picture so you can see them side by side...as soon as I can get my camera working!!

gildedangel

Actually both can be used for foundation, I personally like the 189 better.
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkischer04
Ah ha...

Thank you, I want one for foundation, so I'd get the 190 right?

It's all about personal preference when it comes to brushes. People have their favorites for what they find easiest to use and what works best on their face. MAC states that the 190 is a foundation brush but that does not mean that the 189 would not also work. I find that the 189 is the most versatile of the 2 if you had to choose just one.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Actually both can be used for foundation, I personally like the 189 better.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I find that the 189 is the most versatile of the 2 if you had to choose just one.

Does the 189 not absorb a lot of foundation if you use a liquid one? I have both brushes but so far have only used the 189 to apply MSFN. TIA.

MissResha

i've been seriously eyeing the 189 brush....argh

i like my 190, but good lord it soaks up so much product

ThePerfectScore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i've been seriously eyeing the 189 brush....argh

i like my 190, but good lord it soaks up so much product

I just bought the 189 brush at the CCO for $28 .....
yahoo.gif

MissResha

my CCO SUCKS!!! i live near the WORST CCO in the friggin country!! i am convinced. they never have ANYTHING! argh.