1st day...help?

foreverymoment

So my first FL shift is on Friday and isn't there some guideline about what you can/can't wear for colors? (perm vs. LE/DC) Like, since I'm at a counter, should I only wear what we've got there that's either a) from the collection or b) perm?

Ack...stupid question probably but, I figured, the only stupid question is the one not asked!

Katura

You can only wear what your counter has stock of. That way customers arent asking for that bitter eyeshadow you're rocking and you cant sell it to them.

You are also supposed to be wearing the new launches (antiquitease, metal x, of beauty, and the other holiday collections) You should wear those for I think 30 days and by then new collections will come out and and you have something else to wear.

You can mix in the regular line stuff, just try and squeeze in newer products because you want to sell out of limited items
smiles.gif

Have fun!!!

alli579

Starting my freelance position on Saturday at MAC and I'm hoping to do a great job! This is the only day of work she has for me for the month of December! I don't want her to forget about calling me! Anyway, any tips I should know for the first day? There's always those first day jitters and screw ups. Does anyone have any tips that'll help me avoid doing stupid things?!

Also, what to wear? I plan on wearing black patterned leggins and a long black shirt/dress, with a pair of black leather flats. I'm not sure about what makeup I'm going to wear yet. Should I go classic and pretty or really funky? Help!!

FacesbyNiki

As stated above, wear what is on counter. Wear it how you think will get you noticed. Being funky and fun is good. But call the counter and ask them if they have a theme for saturday that way it will show them you are apart of their team.

Katura

I'd go with whatever's more You honestly. If you're bold and wild and rocking, go for more color. Whatever your style is. Niki's idea was great to because Saturday's are theme days most often, and you wouldnt want to go in and feel left out.

Just pay attention to your team and customers, ask questions that cant be answered yes or no (What shade of lipstick/gloss/shadow are you looking for as opposed to do you like this color??)

Most of all, remember to have fun! You're first day is surely to be the most excruciating, overwhelming day at MAC, but you can definatly get through it!