~1st post what eyeshadow bases or primers?

CaliArtist

My first post...im a newbie.... im looking to get a better primer or bases for my e/s to stay and stay vibrant without making my shadow change colors (no frost) and not having a white backdrop(drag like club like color) just something neutral and makes my eyes pop for me and other women of color... thanks
:::MO
p.s im an nc45 lol
cheerleader.gif

d n d

I like MAC's Prep+Prime for Eyes. It comes in Light through Deep Dark if I am not mistaken. It blends in with your skin color and provides an excellent base for all your eyeshadows without altering the color and it really makes your eye color last!
You can also get a good base by using MAC's shadesticks. My favorite is Sharkskin, it's a dark greyish color that really can make brighter colors POP! They have a variety of colors to choose from, any can be used alone or under eyeshadow as a base.
I hope this helps!
wavey.gif

janwa09

I just discovered how great MAC paint pots are for e/s base. Maybe you can try Painterly p/p or since you're an NC45 maybe Groundwork p/p would be great on you too
smiles.gif

CaliArtist

HMMMM.... paint pots....i might have to actually try those....i just dont like frost all the time so i will check out those colors tomorrow.... i work at macy's so just go say hey to the girls lol.... and what color is Urban decay primer or what color does it go on? and bare canvas a p/p or a tube?
and are paint pots shiny
**edit*** i think bare canvas might be to light.

janwa09

I think UDPP is actually quite colorless in a way that it really won't change the color of your lids (it looks beigey on your fingers but when applied on the lids it's colorless)....Bare Canvas is in a tube and the color is similar to Painterly. Not all of the pain pots are shiny. Most of the paint pot colors are Frost but Painterly isn't..it's Cream and basically matte looking and Groundwork is Satin...not shiny either
smiles.gif

CaliArtist

Thanks janwa09 (congrats to on the baby almost done
smiles.gif
) ... i'm gooing to check them out let you know
smiles.gif
i been looking at reviews and i think i'm leaning toward the pots
smiles.gif

melliquor

UDPP, Paintpots, Paints, or Shadesticks. My favourite is UDPP and then a Paintpot. My e/s lasts for about 14 hours and never moves.

user79

Since you're new, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the Search function of the forum which will find threads for you of frequently asked questions, or, check out the Asked & Answered subforum. This will prevent duplicate threads of essentially the same topic.
smiles.gif

Here's a thread that will help you with the most comprehensive suggestions.

Favorite eye shadow primer
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=42838