2 MSF Q's

lipstick_addict

So, i have Petticoat MSF and i found it pretty glittery but i chalked it up to being that i got a glittery one. Then yesterday, i purchased the McQueen New Vegas. Also very glittery! Are all of these glittery? How do i make it not like that? I just want a subtle sheen/glow.

Also, i've decided i really want lightscapade but ebay's prices are jacked up. Any rec's for a good dupe??

Thanks
smiles.gif

aziajs

Well Petticoat & New Vegas are frosty. They are not all like that but most of the MSFs from recent collections are. You can try applying powder over them to take down some of the frost. For example, I know some people apply the MSFs to the cheeks and then put powder blush over them to tone them down.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstick_addict
Thanks! That's a good idea.

lol, funny that I end up with the 2 frosty ones.

Well, I think there are only like 3 that aren't frosted - Lightscapade, So Ceylon ans Stereo Rose.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
My Northern Light isnt glittery either - more a satin type finish, try that
smiles.gif

Mine is frosted. Northern Light varies alot.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Buffing the MSF rather than sweeping it on can give you more of a glow and less glitter shimmer. I'm really liking my New Vegas by the way.

glittergoddess27

Yep,.. the 180 brush rocks for getting more of a glowy sheen without the "glitter-iness",.. Yes,.. yes,.. sometimes I am seen without glitter on,.....

gigglegirl

Other than the current msf for sale in the McQueen collection, when are the next msf's probably going to come out? As I've just started my mac-ahol addiction in June, are msfs more a summer thing therefore the next we can expect is may/june/july?

Any insight is appreciated!!

kiss

The MSF's that I have that aren't very glittery compared to the others is lightscapade, porcelain pink (it has some gold glitter but not so much glitter like in new vegas) and shimpagne. Shimpagne is my favourite because it gives me a nice glowy sheen without looking like I took a glitter shower.lol I wish they made more msf's with the texture of shimpagne. I hate chunky glitter.

lvgz

yeah a lot of msfs are glittery. instead of setting my foundation then putting on msf/blush.. on days i dont want glitter, i actually put msf (say northern lights or something glittery.. glissade too or something) on my cheeks/cheekbones, then brush whatever im setting my foundation with over it. i use msf natural and that really helps. it looks like an "inner glow" if you know what i mean.

jillianjiggs

lightscapade is available for retail or just slightly above in many sales here and on livejournal sites like mac_cosmetics, and up for swap on mua. i would never go to ebay for most things since things are always jacked up there!

i use porcelain pink daily, its my hg, and it's really not glittery at all. thats why i love it. its a shimmer-glow. if you swipe more of the raspberry veins than the gold, petticoat is glowy too (i am lucky that i have a few gold veins on mine on one side, and none on the other!) i use it a lot too because there isnt very much glitter.

shimpagne is good with the nonglitter, and everyone is selling shimpagne for ~$20 (especially on lj) because no one ever wants to buy it. if you overdo it you can look REALLY greasy but there isnt a touch of glitter in that one!

global glow from flashtronic doesnt have any glitter from what i have seen. the only problem msfs i have that are too glittery are northern light, gold spill (thats why i didnt buy it), glissade (tiny glitter bits though) and naked you (HUGE glitter chunks).

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
The MSF's that I have that aren't very glittery compared to the others is lightscapade, porcelain pink (it has some gold glitter but not so much glitter like in new vegas) and shimpagne. Shimpagne is my favourite because it gives me a nice glowy sheen without looking like I took a glitter shower.lol I wish they made more msf's with the texture of shimpagne. I hate chunky glitter.

Same. Most of the new MSFs coming out are very glittery, which I hate. I prefer the shimmering sheen ones. Global Glow is also pretty non-glittery.

I'd try the BB Shimmerbricks instead of the MAC msf if you just want glow.

~Crystal~

The brush you use definately has an impact. I know most people like the 187 for the MSFs (and it IS good for the more pigmented ones!) But for those which you want more colour out of (like Northern Light as a blush by itself), without all the chunky glittery bits, I've found that using the baby kabuki (181SE) that came out with novel twist is actually VERY useful! Swirl the kabuki in your MSF.. (I find that northern light doesn't show that much despite what it looks like in the pan- and I'm NW15!) then take a look at it. You'll see all those chunky bits stuck to your brush- now TAP your brush. and tap it... and tap it some more haha. You'll soon see those glitter bits fall off!

THEN you can just buff it on- the tapping and the buffing both help to get rid of the glitter! While this method takes a lot more effort, I find that it's well worth it
smiles.gif
On the other hand... it's wearing out my Northern Light a little faster than my usual MSFs (like stereo rose, which i would never dare to touch with the kabuki unless I wanted a dark STREAK across my cheek!!)

Latest posts