2 things: 192 brush and paints ?

bellaetoile

i was given a 192 brush by my aunt, who got it at some point and never used it, as its still in its plastic. i thought it was some form of demented eyeshadow brush, but upon looking on maccosmetics.com, i guess its a face brush? what is it for?

and also, are paints worth it? my freestanding still has the paints temptation set, and i'm figuring out whether or not i want it. are they easier/better to use than shadesticks, about the same, or worse? i'm not a huge fan of shadesticks.
thanks!

mel0622

the 192 brush is for the face. its usually used for cream products like the cream blush.

i love shadesticks also, i only have one paint. bare canvas. although i like how its staying powder is i hate having to apply it. u have to squeese it very very lightly or else a whole bunch will come out! so i say stick with the shadesticks.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i was given a 192 brush by my aunt, who got it at some point and never used it, as its still in its plastic. i thought it was some form of demented eyeshadow brush, but upon looking on maccosmetics.com, i guess its a face brush? what is it for?

and also, are paints worth it? my freestanding still has the paints temptation set, and i'm figuring out whether or not i want it. are they easier/better to use than shadesticks, about the same, or worse? i'm not a huge fan of shadesticks.
thanks!

I have the 192. I like it alot. It's used for creamy products. I use it on my cheeks to apply foundation, cream color bases, cheekhues, and even dry products like MSFs or irridescent powder when I want a more concentrated application.

As for the paints, I would get them. If you've never tried them it's a good way to try several different colors. I like paints. You do have to be careful when sqeezing them out because the tube is sensitive to pressure and you can squeeze out too much but this usually isn't a big problem for me. I apply them with either my fingertips or a brush depending on whether I want a lighter or heavier application. My eyes are sensitive to pressure so the shadesticks can be hard for me to use but the paints are easy. I think shadesticks give a better color pay off. There is actually a thread on this topic.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...destick+paints

mspixieears

I use my #192 for cheekhues and my Rose d'Or bronzing stick - applies it so well. I'm not such a fan of shadesticks either and while paints are a bit tricky at times, I do have a lot of them and like to use them.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
thanks!

definitely try paints. i hate shadesticks - i have to smash them into my eyeball and roll them around so much that after awhile it hurts. paints are a little messier, but it doesn't matter because it's your e/s base and bases don't have to be perfect. i highly recommend them - just be careful when you squeeze the tube - squeeze gently! if you squeeze more than that the product will come pouring out, so be careful. the good thing about paints is that you don't need a lot of product - just a tiny little dab then apply it on the lids with your ring finger or q-tip. i prefer my fingers, though.

HTH!

liquidsirenhoney

i don't care for shadesticks...i bought the mini paint set, and I'm definitely happy i did, it was a good way for me to try out a couple of different paints.

sbetsy

I bought both the paint and s/s sets because I had never tried either product and thought it would be a good way to sample colors - I really love the paints. It's such a nice, creamy base for shadow and I like how it has a bit more of a matte finish than the s/s. I love shiny/sparkley, but it's nice to have a matte option. And I like the little brush that came in the paint set!

scrapbookromance

I've never tried shadesticks, but I love my paints (i got the temptations holiday set, and its perfect for me). I agree that you have to be careful squeezing it out or else a lot comes out, and a little goes a long way! but once you get the hang of it, its great and well worth it!

Latest posts