20 min down 7 hours 40 min to go...

Dr_Girlfriend

It's gonna be a long, long day. It's my retail pharmacy day and I have no patience for bullshit today. I had some real winners this morning...

Chick comes in with her mother and 2 year old son. She's never been to this pharmacy. She drops a Percocet 7.5/325 prescription. I look at it and dumbass has altered the script by changing the strength to 7.5/500 and the quantity from 30 to 80. I tell her that I don't fill controlled substances without confirming with the doctor that it's legit and she actually agrees to it! Of course the doc wanted me to fax him a copy. This took a little while and chick comes back and checks on the status of her prescription. Really, REALLY lady!?! Doc calls back and has me void the prescription and she gets kicked out of the pain clinic practice. I tell her today is her lucky day and I'm not going to call the sheriff that is in the ER and she better not come back. So now you have no meds AND no doctor! The kicker is that when she altered the strength, she only increased the strength of the tylenol....

Totally didn't help herself in the least. If you're gonna alter narcotics prescripttion, DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

LOL... Karma is a bitch.

moopoint

Wow. That kind of desperation makes me a little sad. Her life revolves around scoring more pain killers. Her poor family.

User38

thanks for sharing.. it is horrible that this goes on. Poor kids and family
ssad.gif

gildedangel

This is very sad, she sounds very desperate. I must say good for you for checking it and good for the doctor for kicking her out!

hawaii02

How incredibly sad...why don't people stop and think a moment especially when their is a child involved??
ssad.gif

LMD84

jesus. this is so sad. her poor child. lets hope that she gets some help so that she can concerntrate on being a good mum, rather than trying to get extra pills.

Dr_Girlfriend

Hopefully because I didn't have her arrested, she'll see how close she came to making a big mistake. Maybe it'll give her a nudge to do the right thing.

Latest posts