217, 222, 224

swt_int3ntions

Which one would you use for general blending? I dont want my colours to mush all together and turn into 1 mixed colour, I want something that will just blend in between colours if that makes sense...

I'm looking for something that versatile. just something to blend on small lids.
I already have the blending brush from Sephora which i use as the 'windshield wiper' but i find the hairs very soft and loose...not sure if its suppose to be?

anyway, which one do you use most, prefer most, or would recommend for my situation? thanks!
winks.gif

Babylard

i just got my 222 and i really like it for blending in between colours and to soften the eye shape!
smiles.gif
i use it doing a squiggle motion down between wehre 2 colours meet. i dont have the other brushes.

laguayaca

i prefer the 224 for blending in general the 217 is great also and picls up more color 224 gives you that more soft effect and 222 is great for crease work and defenition I have all three and love them all but for blending i would say overall 224!

nunu

i use the 224 to blend lightly because the bristles aren't stiff enough i use the 217 wheni really want to blend colours together. I use the 222 for blending outer corner crease.

hth

janwa09

I have all 3 and I find that I have more uses for the 224 than the other 2. I use the 224 for e/s application to the lids, crease and browbone and for overall blending of shadows. The 222 i really only use for e/s application to the crease and outer V, the 217 for e/s blending and sometimes for highlighting the browbone--it's not really so good at e/s application IMO. If I would have only 1 brush among the 3, I'd pick the 224 any day.

But I think for your situation, I think either the 224 or 217 would suffice.

amoona

I guess all three! They're all amazing blending brushes and if u can get all three. If you can only do one right now start with the 224.

user79

I really like my 222 but haven't tried the other ones. I also have small eyelids. I looked at the 224 before buying the 222, and the reason I chose the latter is because it has a smaller tip so it can get into the crease really well, it's a bit more precise imo.

amelia.jayde

i only have the 217, but i'm in the same boat as you.. as in, i'm looking for a brush that can blend out small areas and i find the 217 to be too big for that purpose.

dr.kitten

i don't have the 224 but absolutely love the 217. i was also using a sephora blending brush that went all over the place & my blending totally changed with the 217, it didn't turn into a big 'one color' mess.
yes.gif

GertiL

Based on advice here I bought the 217. I'm not too happy with it. It's harsh and gets very fluffy. I'm thinking of buying the 224.

Leilani78

I first bought the 224 to use as blending, but found it hard to concentrate blending in the crease. Then I got the 217, to do the job. Then I learned how versatile the 217 is compared to the 224. I use the 224 to highlight, blend, and apply eyeshadow as a wash. I use the 217 to highlight, blend, apply eyeshadow as a wash, under eye concealer, paint pots and cream color bases.
If I had to absolutely pick between the two, I would go with the 217.

BonnieBabe<3

if you dont like blending all together i would say 224 because it is softer.. but its also nice to have the 217 handy for the night look, and it blots well too around the outer ends THEN i blend.. hth!

VioletB

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE each brush and I will tell you why.

The first brush I bought was the 217. I thought it was the only brush I would need. I loved it for creases, blending, highlight, you name it. I bought the 223se which is just like the 222 but mine's a raquel welch brush and the fibers look different. Anyway. I hated it. I didn't know why I bought it because I couldn't figure out to use it. Then the 224.. same thing. It was just another brush.

Then I had an epiphony. (sp?) I started holding my brushes down towards the end of the brush rather then upfront (kind of like a pencil.) Holy cow it made such a difference!! It's not like your smushing the brush into your eye when you hold it with a little lighter hand. Now I love the 224 and the 223 especially for creases. I still find that I'd like a little more grip on my 217, so I hold it a little closer to the brush end of it.. but maybe I sound weird but I think it really makes a difference how you hold the brush. I love the 224 for soft crease looks using windshield-wiper motions.