217 & 239 shedding??

StArCaNdY

Thats really weird. I've had those brushes for a while and theyre still in mint condition. Maybe when u were cleaning them the glue got wet and came undone. Thats the only thing I can think of
hmm.gif

gracetre123

yeah...I think you're right, bu I can't keep away the metalic part from the water when I rinse them...how do you do it??

Linda Baby

If the hair sheds, it means that the brush cleanser you are using is still in the hairs and its eating away at it.

(That's what I've been told by an artist who use to work for MAC for 11 years.)

gracetre123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Baby
If the hair sheds, it means that the brush cleanser you are using is still in the hairs and its eating away at it.

I use baby shampoo...what should I do now??

ARmakeupjunkie

I too clean my brushes with baby shampoo. The only one of my brushes that shed is my 129. It is also the oldest of my brushes at about 8 years and the most used. I don't think it's your shampoo that is causing your brush to shed. It could be the age of your brushes. Nothing last forever, contact MAC, let them know what the problem and they may offer to replace them.
smiles.gif

erine1881

are you using mac's brush cleanser? if not, that may be your problem. it has conditioning agents in it to help prevent shedding. plus, you don't need to rinse your brushes all that often if you use brush cleanser. you only need to rinse them every couple of months or so, if that, to do a deep cleansing. and when you do rinse them, rinse them hair end down, gently squeeze out excess water, and dry flat with hairs hanging over the edge of the counter. let dry completely, about 24 hours or so, before standing them up again.

noangel

i got a 239SE from the 2005 holiday set and it started shedding after i washed it twice
couldn't get it to stop but it seemed that the hairs were breaking/falling out as soon as they brushed skin
gave up and put it into cold storage soon after, guessed i got a faulty brush or something
the rest in the holiday set were and are still perfectly fine

jenii

Mine shed on occasion too. I don't think it's possible for a brush never to lose a hair, especially if it's one you use regularly!

Latest posts