217 vs. 222 vs. 224

ThePowderPuff

I am new to blending brushes and just got my first one. The 217. And I LOVE it. How did I ever live without?

Now I am trying to find out, what the difference is between the different blending brushes. I did a search and found lots of threads comparing the 217 to the 224, but none of them included the 222.

So those of you who have all three: What do you use which brush for? Whats the differences and similarities between the three?

gildedangel

The 222 is a lot like the 224, except that it is skinnier. It is great if you have smaller eyes or don't want to blend the shadow out as much as a 224 would. HTH!

FiestyFemme

I only use the 224 as my blender. It's fantastic for that! I use the 217 to apply color to the crease and outer V, and I use the 222 just for the outer V. If I want a more "blown out" look to my crease/outer V color I use the 217, and I use the 222 if I want a more concentrated and defined crease/outer V. I love all 3 and use them regularly. With these 3, plus the 242 and 227, I'm all set!
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I prefer the 224. I own 217, 224 and 226 and I use 226 and 224 everyday. If you can find 226 I recommend that one over 222. If not just get the 224 to blend the colours

looovemac

I own 217, 224, and 226 not 222
217 I use for crease color, 224 for blending, I use 226 for the outer v and blending, I love the shape and the size of 226!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForgetRegret

I own all of them....I think I'm a blending brush ho. Anyway...the 224 is my go-to brush for highlighting my browbone and blending the color down into my crease. Since it's so fluffy, it leaves a nice wash of color for the highlight without being too overpowering, and blends it down into your crease rather nicely. I use the 222 to apply color to my crease and blend it slightly...if I want it really blended I'll take the 217 to it and blend like crazy...if I want a more defined crease, but not quite a cut crease, I'll use the 226. HTH a little!