224 or 217???

RoseMe

Hi Ladies,

I am in need of an all purpose eye shadow brush and need your help! I find "blending to make a nice eye crease" as the most difficult task on my Asian eyes (picture attached).

I heard great things about 224 and 217, would you please help pick one for me? THANK YOU!!!
thmbup.gif

MAC_Pixie04

224 is great apply soft washes of color all over, or for blending shades together. As far as actually applying color on its own, I don't think it's dense enough.

217 is my favorite brush. I find that I can get a full eye look done with my 252 and my 217 only. 217 is still round enough for creasework and blending, but also is dense enough to apply color to the lid or browbone. It's also good for diffusing concealer under the eye, and applying cream eyeshadow bases without harsh lines on the lid.

I'd go for the 217, lol I'm obviously a huge fan.

..kels*

definitely 217. you'll get a lot more control with it & like MAC_pixie04 said, it's very multi-purpose in comparison to the 224.

miss_dre

Yupp, the 217!!
It's my favorite brush, I use it every day! Its great for all sorts of things, like MAC_pixie04 pointed out.
yes.gif

gigiopolis

I'd go with the 217 brush. It's a great all-purpose shadow brush that you can use to just apply shadow with, too. I find the 224 a little lacking in the department - maybe just a wash but nothing intense.

Also, the 224 is HUGE for my Asian eyes. I mean, I can blend a decent crease in there but it's sort of ridiculous how large it is. I think maybe a 222 would be a better option, but I'd still recommend the 217. I feel it's much more precise.

Does anyone else have a problem blending with the 224? I know it sounds ridiculous since it is a blender brush and all, and everyone seems to love it, but it is one brush that I can't really get behind. I cannot blend with this brush! I try and I'm still left with a harsh line. Annoys me to no end...like I'm doing something wrong! I feel like it's too flimsy to do any hardcore blending. That's another reason I prefer the 217 for that because it's stiffer and gives you WAY more control, even in blending.

OfficerJenny

The 224 is good for applying sheer amounts of product, but you can really build up the colour with it, and is an excellent crease/blending/concealer/paintpot brush.

The 217 is denser, so it does everything the 224 does, but applies more colour.

The 217 is definitely better if you're limited on funds and have to choose one, but I personally prefer the 224 and use it every single day.

FiestyFemme

217! It's the most versatile, and I think it'd be the brush to do what you're looking for. I can't use the 224 for anything other than blending. It's too big for my small eyes and not dense enough to apply color.

glam8babe

i love the 217, i have 2. Its just a very useful brush which can be used for many things
- crease
- blending
- brow highlight
- concealer etc.

pinkpumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
217! It's the most versatile, and I think it'd be the brush to do what you're looking for. I can't use the 224 for anything other than blending. It's too big for my small eyes and not dense enough to apply color.

I totally agree! Its the #217 for me.

RoseMe

Thank you very much ladies!
It looks like 217 wins by majority vote!
smiles.gif

I will try them both and report my purchase feedback!

LatinaRose

I use the 224 for a more precise crease. I have a very wide crease less eye as well and this is my favorite crease brush. I use the 217 for all over blending and sheer washes of color. The 224 has definitely helped improve my crease blending skills.

Shaquille

For your kind of lids, 217 is good for you.. 224 is too smooth.. it's good for people with definite crease..

RoseMe

Thanks. I am also curious as to what you think of my eye brow? Would you have shaped it differently?

TDoll

217! The 224 is better for blending and applying soft washes of color. The 217 is a little stiffer and the shape is great for defining and blending the crease.