227 brush question

jennifer.

*mods if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move

can you guys give me ideas on what to use this brush for? i bought it yesterday and i'm not quite sure what it would be especially useful for. i typically use a 252 for applying highlights to the brow bone and the 224 & 217 for blending. i want to be able to use this brush to it's full potential. thanks for your help!

ClaireAvril

The website says it can be used for eyes and face ... for blending or highlights powder based products.
I have been eyeing this brush for a while.. was looking for a big fluffy brush for blending highlights.

n_c

I like it for blending between highlight and crease color and for highlighting cheekbones...hth some
smiles.gif

jennifer.

well it looks like it would be more useful for the face because it's kind of big, but i bought it mainly for eyes. like what can it do that the 217 or 224 can't do just as well? know what i mean?

sorry if that sounds weird.

xxsgtigressxx

i use it to put my brow highlight on, it helps blend harsh edges too but be careful because it can blend too much if you are too heavy handed with it. I will also use it to apply a single color over a large area of my eye. Also, I find it a great brush for concealer! i use it for under my eyes, my nose, and my chin. Its less streaky than a traditional concealer brush and diffuses the concealer nicely. I also use this brush to contour the sides of my nose. Be creative, I always use brushes for more than their purpose
smiles.gif

effboysinthebut

You can also use this brush to soften the eyeshadow so it doesn't abruptly stop on the outer side of your eyelid or abruptly begin on the inside of your eye. I hope that makes sense.

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
I like it for blending between highlight and crease color and for highlighting cheekbones...hth some
smiles.gif

ME TOO!!

tripwirechick

This brush is awesome... we call it the eraser brush, lol. It helps blend any hard edges from your eyeshadow below the highlight and makes everything look smooth and perfect. It's also good if you just want a light wash of colour, and you're in a rush because it covers such a massive area.

Zoffe

I love this brush for buffing out the line between my highlight and crease color! It's amazing for that! Def. much better for that than the 217.

I use it to apply highlight on my brow bone as well as on my cheekbone too :]

Caracoco

I use it mainly for laying down a sheer wash of colour on the lids, or to lay down my base colour.

Hemons

I love the 227! I use it for concealer interestingly enough. It blends the concealer into your skin like no other. It is tapered so it is great at getting into smaller areas (i.e. around the nose). I never would have thought of using it with concealer until a MAC MA suggested it. It's the only brush I use for concealer now. I also like it with cream color bases to highlight cheeks, planes of face etc.

SoSoAmazin

I love my 227 as well! I use it to apply my brow-bone highlight, as a "super-blender" to blend out my crease color, AND to contour the sides of my nose (the 227 is THE perfect size for doing this!)
greengrin.gif