2nd FOTD: a bruised orange

crikey

another try at a FOTD using mostly Juiced and Trax...

(this stuff is scary, when there are so many incredible examples every day of how to do things So Much Better Than This)

Forgive my skin, which looks like I bought it a thrift shop after someone died in it. Ugh!

NC15 studio fix
A tiny splodge of vaseline as a base
lashings of Juiced e/s on lid
Trax e/s on upper lid and crease
a little Sketch e/s on outer corner, and under, and on a wet brush as very thin swipe of eyeliner
some Brule e/s above
a touch of Goldenaire pigment over that and on browbone
cheap and nasty black mascara
a bit of Carbon e/s on brows, but damn, what a shaggy uncombed mess

suggestions for improvements hugely welcomed (including the suggestion not to use a flash!)

eyesclosed.jpg

eyesopen.jpg

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikey
Forgive my skin, which looks like I bought it a thrift shop after someone died in it. Ugh!

OMG!!!!
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
That is SOO funny!! You don't look like that at all, of course. I just love the way you put it.

I like this look, but man I *really* like that ring of fire you have around your pupils! Do you have MAC's Coppering? (I don't have it, but it seems like it might be close the that color in your eyes.) If you were to find a shade that matched that color and wear it, man... I bet that would look awesome!!

crikey

ooh, thank you ladies!

entipy: glad I made you laugh! also, thank you *so* much for the tip on coppering. It does look like it might be very close to the ring colour. I'm busy making a shortlist of potential new stuff, as I've got a birthday coming up next month, so that's just gone straight to the top of the list.

c00ki312

the colour of your eyes are so beautiful! i have juiced but it comes out yellow..eh maybe its the flash. anyway great look. love to see you in purples or blues
greengrin.gif

Mien

That's a lovely look! Your lashes are gorgeous, have you tried curling them?
As for CC, maybe a highlight would brighten things up. (sorry if you did use it, pics often don't show them
ssad.gif
)

crikey

thank you so much for the kind comments! It's very encouraging.

c00ki312: juiced comes up as a bright pumpkin colour on me when I layer it on, partcularly over a base like vaseline, but yellower when it's sheer. I need to break out the purples again, and see what I can do with them, but blues scare me...never managed to make any look even slightly OK on me.

Mien: eyelash curlers are instruments of the devil! seriously, they really make me squicky. Which is a damn shame. By highlighter, do you mean one on my face or eyes? I am *completely* without blushes etc (apart from one darker face powder I sometimes use for contour) and probably need to go and pester someone for advice on what might work.