Lips:
Russian Red
Clear gloss

Cherrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
TALENT!!!!!!!! is all i have to say... "can ya make me over? huh huh
smiles.gif

Come on over my way I'll hook you up with a makeover and photoshoot too!!
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrie
Come on over my way I'll hook you up with a makeover and photoshoot too!!
smiles.gif

if i ever make it there....... im going to def look u up SERIOUSLY

martygreene

Good job. There are a few things I notice in these that could use a bit of work, and since you seem to be persuing this as a line of work I'll let you know what those are. Firstly I wouldn't use the first model in a portfolio for print work- she's got an odd face in a way that skews your work to the eye. Also in that same shoot I notice that the brows could use a bit of work- in the second photo of her the brows could do with a bit of brushing with a spoolie, or filling in- I'm seeing some gaps/muss.

The second shoot... I see what you're trying to achieve with the lipcolor but it comes off blotchy and odd. The foundation color is a bit off compared to the rest of the body, it needs to be lighter. I'm seeing some nice contouring here, though the inner corners of the eyes get a bit odd.

I definately like the first shot of Tabitha the best of these three shoots. The foundation is a great match, the lipcolor and overall concept is great. The brows again could use a bit of work with the shape/cleaning up/filling. The outer corner of the left eye might have benefit from a slight wing of the liner, and her left lower outer lashes have a few mascara clumps.

Of course, a lot of these things could be fixed in post-production, but for print work you really want your work to stand on it's own raw from the camera without any photo manipulation.

You're really doing great, I look forward to seeing more from you!

mzjae

You did such a great job on all of them! =) This makes me wanna take a trip to Daly City so you could do my hair & makeup. =D

Cherrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Good job. There are a few things I notice in these that could use a bit of work, and since you seem to be persuing this as a line of work I'll let you know what those are. Firstly I wouldn't use the first model in a portfolio for print work- she's got an odd face in a way that skews your work to the eye. Also in that same shoot I notice that the brows could use a bit of work- in the second photo of her the brows could do with a bit of brushing with a spoolie, or filling in- I'm seeing some gaps/muss.

The second shoot... I see what you're trying to achieve with the lipcolor but it comes off blotchy and odd. The foundation color is a bit off compared to the rest of the body, it needs to be lighter. I'm seeing some nice contouring here, though the inner corners of the eyes get a bit odd.

I definately like the first shot of Tabitha the best of these three shoots. The foundation is a great match, the lipcolor and overall concept is great. The brows again could use a bit of work with the shape/cleaning up/filling. The outer corner of the left eye might have benefit from a slight wing of the liner, and her left lower outer lashes have a few mascara clumps.

Of course, a lot of these things could be fixed in post-production, but for print work you really want your work to stand on it's own raw from the camera without any photo manipulation.

You're really doing great, I look forward to seeing more from you!

I agree with the flaws that I missed. thanks for the constuctive crtitism thats how i work and learn things. I wish more of us can tell others what they need to work on without hurting anyone's feelings. As of your strong voice to be heard, I highy respect that. Especially in this kind of industry.
clap.gif

martygreene

I encourage youto post more photos from shoots you do, and anyone else who is trying to break into this field to do the same, in the Industry Discussion forum for critiques and soforth. That's why we start out doing so many testing shoots- to learn. You may wish to check out some of the other resources in the Industry forum as well.

I hope to see more from you, and am glad to see someone who responds well to peer critiques.