30+ gals who feel the clock ticking

Hello.

I'm 34 --- I'm feeling the 'clock ticking' as they say.

I am starting to worry maybe I'll never have kids. My life doesn't seem to be headed that way at all.

Are any of you out there having serious brain cramps over this issue? I can't believe I'm admitting this but I woke up crying over it last month. This coming from a girl who said I didn't think I want kids.

Oh my....

Janice

th_hug.gif

rbella

I can relate, it is just too painful for me to talk about. Sorry. I hope you work things out!

Beauty Mark

I don't want kids and I'm not 30+, but I can tell you this. If you want a child but have no partner, adoption is still possible as a single parent. A teacher in my small town adopted an older kid (5 or 6, I think) and she was 100% single and around your age.

While I don't understand the concept of the biological clock ticking, just remember you can live a totally worthwhile life without having kids.

lafemmenoir

I felt it at 24 but I hated turning 25 as I am the only single, with ZERO prospects and all my other female cousins already had kids and husbands by 24. I think I worry cos of the things I read about the chances of having children after 30 35 or 40 and on. We can't focus on that, it's too hard to just be happy with ourselves in life. Don't feel alone, I haven't a proper mate and I wonder if THAT will happen. I cannot fathom the child even happening. I know it doesn't help, but yes, I do understand. *cyber hug*

DirtyHarriet

gah!

I don't necessarily feel the 'clock' ticking for kids...but I would like to find someone to spend the rest of my life with...I really do want to be married and eventually have a family...but it's not going to happen with the recent string of men in my life...not the type you marry........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I can relate, it is just too painful for me to talk about. Sorry. I hope you work things out!

Rbella, thank you for your reply and I sure can understand that it feels too painful to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
gah!

I don't necessarily feel the 'clock' ticking for kids...but I would like to find someone to spend the rest of my life with...I really do want to be married and eventually have a family...but it's not going to happen with the recent string of men in my life...not the type you marry........

You like the bad boys, eh, DirtyHarriet?

*KT*

When I was in my early 20s, I was certain that one day, I'd want kids. Then as I got into my late 20s and I still had zero urge, I was ok with it because I don't feel like anything is missing from my life. I'm 31 now. I've been married over a year and have been with him for nearly 7 years. Fortunately he has no desire for children, because I still haven't changed my mind. While I still don't really want a child of my own, it sometimes makes me sad that I don't want one. It's like the part of my brain driven by hormones says "You're missing out!" and the part of my brain driven by reason says "But you don't even want a child!"

This hormonal struggle may be, in part, because I work for a company where there are 3 or more women pregnant at all times. I'm completely serious too... health care, 95% female, with around 200 employees. Just as one is nearing full term, someone else says "I'm pregnant!"

I agree with Beauty Mark. With a partner or without, there are plenty of beautiful souls out there who need care and love.

captodometer

I am also 34. Yes, the clock is definitely ticking and I can't wait for mine to strike midnight. I have never wanted a child, and will just be happy when my reproductive life span is over.

It sounds as if you started out the same as me, but changed your mind somewhere along the way. We're all allowed to change our minds, and I do hope that you get your desired outcome
yes.gif
And like others have mentioned, adoption is always an option.

Jot

I totally know what you mean. I'm 29 and had a crazy ticking clock, however i've just split up with my husband so from having it in my graps it is now very much in the distant future.
I'm ok with the ticking but i do wonder what the impact of being newly single will mean to me having kids which is something i do really want.
You're not alone. Big hugs and do remember you never know what is round the corner

SkylarV217

Things are changing with the female reproductive systems .... some womens time simply is not "up" until later in life these days. With modern medicine as well as the amout of care we are able to take care of ourselves paired with less work .... ie we don't have to plow the fields and bring the crops in and do all of the things they did 100 years ago. The female body has begun to adapt and the typical child bearing days are longer.

If you truly want a child now, you can always look into Adoption or artificial incimination (SP?). If you are waiting for a special man to share your family with I truly hope it works out for you soon.