BeautyizPain

Hi there
smiles.gif
wow i had to respond to this because i so felt like this a couple of years ago...it was like something was missing in my life..i just have a question..do you have children? the only reason why i ask is beause having my son literally changed my life and i know finally what "joy" is..he is my "joy" and keeps me going..i didnt have him until my late twenties so all throughout my early twenties i "so called" had fun but i didnt have that "joy" your speaking of..i had everything else..money, men, parties, etc...well i dont know if this helped you at all but i just figured i let you know that you're not the only one out there that has ever felt that way..hopefull you will find "joy" soon as well! best wishes!!

PurpleOrchid

I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't because I'm pretty much in the same boat! I hate my job and dissatisfied with where I'm at in my life for my age. Hang in there and know you're not alone! And be thankful for the good people in your life - that's probably my only consolation during these down times.

LMD84

i think everybody has felt this way at some point of their lives
ssad.gif
however things will pick up for you. do you feel passionate about make up? i mean you are part of specktra after all
yes.gif
playing about with my cosmetics gives me joy. as well as silly things like watching my kitties playing with their toys and seeing my husband laugh.

keep an eye out for the little things in life that make you smile
smiles.gif

nursee81

i feel the same way. I do have children, a husband and a career. but I am still unhappy. not sure why but I am, I feel like theres something missing in my life. I had a rough life growing up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. hang in there b/c I know there are a lot of people that feel the same why.

DOLLface

I've felt the exact same way for the past several years and although it's gotten a bit better lately, I still struggle with trying to figure out why I don't have some of the same joy and happiness that the people around me seem to have. I had kind of always kept the fact that I just felt like "neutral" (not sad or happy) or like there was something missing to myself.

Part of the reason I've felt that way was due to depression and other problems that I just kept ignoring and down playing how severely they affected me. I'm currently being treated for those and it's made a difference for me.

Luckily, I have found things that I truly love and am passionate about that are completely unique to me. I'm a shy person and I feel like that has kind of held me back from pursuing what I want to be involved in, so I was never really getting to do things I wanted to do. I've really been making an effort to get out and try and do things that will make me happy, even if it's by myself.

chocolategoddes

awww
ssad.gif

not even makeup? i'd assume that being on specktra means you have a strong like for makeup. maybe you can discover a passion that stems from your love of makeup *shrug*

meanwhile, this pic always makes me laugh:
effm2o.jpg

smiles.gif

Latest posts