a bleeding 138 - sign of a fake?

CommeDesGarcons

hi girls
yes.gif

i recently bought a mac 138 brush from a site that supposingly sells authentic MAC items (since there are no MAC stores in my country
ssad.gif
).
the brush is fab and does look authentic: it works splendidly, it's very soft, it came in a plastic sleeve with the bar code etc. BUT it bleeds like hell every single time I wash it, and I have washed it app. 20+ times so far. when i leave it to dry, it leaves a big blue stain on my towel.
so my question is, have any of you experienced this kind of problem with your 138? i'm concerned that this might be the sign of a fake.
thanks!

User38

rut roh.. it should not bleed that much... can you ask the store to xchange it?

mine bled a few times (most of MAC's dark brushes do bleed) but that seems excessive.

Pinkdollface

My 227 bleeds like hell. Every time i use brush cleaner my towel gets blue and i washed it 5 times i think. But when i leave it to dry, my towel doesn't get blue like yours.

CommeDesGarcons

i know, seems fishy, right?
th_dunno.gif

i guess i could return it, but it's too much trouble considering that the store is on the other continent. and besides the brush works just fine
th_dunno.gif

i'm just bothered by the thought it might be a fake while i payed it as an authentic brush.
thank you anyway.
winks.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommeDesGarçons
i know, seems fishy, right?
th_dunno.gif

i guess i could return it, but it's too much trouble considering that the store is on the other continent. and besides the brush works just fine
th_dunno.gif

i'm just bothered by the thought it might be a fake while i payed it as an authentic brush.
thank you anyway.
winks.gif

Mine is definitely real since i bought it at a mac counter, so i think the bleeding doesn't have anything to do with it being not real.

LMD84

i have a mac 129 brush from a holiday collection that bleeds after ebing washed 100's of time! it bleds dark purpley colours and if i dry it on a white towl will leave a dark purple stain. this was bought from mac direct so is real. i think sometimes the odd brush will bleed when washing. if you post some pics of the brush for us though we could let you know if it looks fake or not.
smiles.gif

CommeDesGarcons

thank you girls, that's very comforting.
winks.gif
but just to be on the safe side, i'll post the photos of the brush in a few days, i don't have my camera with me at the moment.

shontay07108

My 226 bleeds also. I got it from Mac. The first time I washed it, I put it next to my 239 to dry and it stained my 239! Not happy about that, but I just let it dry alone now.

Vixxan

My 138 does not bleed at all. None of my MAC brushes bleed. I have a lot of other brands that bleed like crazy but none of my MAC brushes bleed at all.

CommeDesGarcons

well, does anyone know what causes some brushes to bleed, and others, of the same brand and type, not? I mean, if 138 has natural bristles, they shouldn't bleed so much colour, right? i'm puzzled
shockt.gif

girlambrosia

My (authentic) 109SH (black hair, LE from some pink brush collection ages ago) bleeds a little, STILL. No idea why.

xXTiFFaNYKGirLX

most of my black brushes bleed like crazy. especially my 150, but my sisters (we bought ours the same time from the same store) doesnt really bleed at all. its really strange.

reesesilverstar

Yea, my black bristled brushes are bleeding like mad now. I used EVOO and Antibacterial detergent to wash them and now they won't stop bleeding.

CommeDesGarcons

oh lord, it's a nightmare... my 138 bleeds even while i'm rinsing the soap off it!
shockt.gif
and i thought it would lessen with time, but alas...
will post the photos in a few days.

User38

At first sight it does not look fake to me... I just compared it to mine and it looks "almost" the same -- the brush part on mine looks more pointy at the top. That said, it looks rather normal for a 138 -- if it bleeds, that does not make it fake. I have had a lot of MAC brushes bleed for about 5-6 washings.