A Cheap Gal's take on the MAC 187 vs. Flirt Skunk

deathcabber

Im sure this has all been said before...but this is coming from a very cheap/bargain hunter kind of gal
greengrin.gif
I have wanted the 187 for at least a year but couldnt bring myself to pay for it. Finally, this Christmas with the help of some Macy's gift cards, I got it!!!! Here are my thoughts...

I owned the Flirt Skunk brush for a year before getting the 187. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice brush and it does have its uses. It is nice to apply cream and powder blushes sheerly, but it doesnt give as much control as necessary because of the hairs being less dense. Also, after a year of constant use and washing it has shown some wear. The dark hairs have splayed a bit and the white ones are stained.

Well, once I got the 187 and compared them side by side, and you can certainly see why the 187 costs more. It is a lot more brush! The white hairs are much more dense and full, yet very soft. The stiffer, more dense (and full) hairs allow for a lot of precise control.

Bottom line...if you arent obsessed with having absolute totally perfect but still very nice blush application, you dont want to spend much money, and you dont mind replacing this brush about once a year... the Flirt brush is great for you!

As for me, I'm loving my 187...but Im also gonna keep the Flirt as a backup
greengrin.gif

liquidsirenhoney

i finally got the 187 as a christmas gift from my boyfriend....i had the flirt brush and now that i have the 187 there is no way i could go back to the flirt brush.