A Culture That Believes There Are Five Genders

Kayteuk

"As long as I am a good person and work hard people accept me"

Thats good to hear! I hope one day the rest of the world shares this point of view!

flowerhead

Interesting. More people need to accept that we are complicated beings & sex and gender are very different things.

VDUB*BELLA

Yeah that was really nice... It gives you a ray of hope for the future of humanity (thats deep!)
smiles.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
"As long as I am a good person and work hard people accept me"

Thats good to hear! I hope one day the rest of the world shares this point of view!

I absolutely agree.

LaciSue

People definitely need to understand that sex is biological and gender is a social construct. Gender differs from culture to culture and is man-made. The concept of "gender" is based on the idea of femininity and masculinity, not on your genital areas. Also, there are technically 4-5 sexes. There's male [XY] and female [XX], yeah. But there's Turner Syndrome [XO], where a female gets the X chromosome but not the other X. They're still biologically girls, but a lot of the time they can't bear children. 98% of females with TS cannot bear children. Then there's Klienfelter Syndrome [XXY]. This affects males, and even though they have that female chromosome, it doesn't make them a girl. They also cannot have children and they can't grow facial hair. So there ARE more than two sexes, but it's not widely known. There are alsooo intersexed babies. 1 out of every 2000 babies are born so sexually ambiguous that even the doctors don't know the sex. There are males born with fallopian tubes and there's nothing wrong with them. They're still boys, they just have the tubes. They can get them removed, but they will not harm them.